The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: St_Zartan on August 30, 2004, 01:10:22 pm

Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: St_Zartan on August 30, 2004, 01:10:22 pm
Did Little (Tha) Nephew just have sex with an old lady for money?

What the hell
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: CortJstr on August 30, 2004, 01:16:50 pm
Apparently Lyle started stealing his porn ideas from Joe Schmo 2.

And I don't see Ray's problem, the volley ball woman looks pretty hot to me.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 30, 2004, 01:19:49 pm
I caught a glimpse of Ekaterina during the closing ceremonies.  Mr. Bear must have been out of the room at that point.
Girlfriend is TALL.

I liked Ray's party this week, that he didn't go over the top (relatively speaking) for once.  Sometimes, you just need to have some friends over, have some drinks, watch the game, and no fancy-ass stuff.

Yes, it does sound like LN got all up ins with an older woman.  Um, ew.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Gunn on August 30, 2004, 01:45:29 pm
I can't wait for more of Nice Pete's book.  I'm already hooked, and it's only chapter one.

Also, Beef is pretty uptight for one who rocks the Sonny Chiba.  He must just be a social smoker.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: sjlimmer on August 30, 2004, 01:52:23 pm
I agree with Chris's blog here...it's nice to see Beef relaxed for a change.  Of course Molly, who always wants Beef to loosen up, is unhappy about it.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: andalucia on August 30, 2004, 01:57:35 pm
I'm starting to dislike Molly...


... and to enjoy Nice Pete more and more.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: agnes on August 30, 2004, 02:37:13 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Yes, it does sound like LN got all up ins with an older woman.  Um, ew.


Ah, "gerries" = "geriatrics." It's all falling into place.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: wombat on August 30, 2004, 04:32:54 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
I'm starting to dislike Molly...



I dunno, I'm kind of on Molly's side here, but I am beginning to think there may be no hope for their relationship.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: V-Adore on August 30, 2004, 06:14:06 pm
I'm kind of surprised Beef was smoking up at all. Obviously there's something very wrong right now, or I don't think that he'd be hitting the weed.

This is one of those times that I'm glad I can't comment, becaue otherwise I would totally be commenting with RELATIONSHIP ADVICE AND SYMPATHY for SEVERAL FICTIONAL CHARACTERS. Sigh.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Mantonio on August 30, 2004, 06:36:22 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "andalucia"
I'm starting to dislike Molly...



I dunno, I'm kind of on Molly's side here, but I am beginning to think there may be no hope for their relationship.


Theres definitely some negative relationship energy surging throught the Achewood-verse these days.  First Teodor had his little disapointment and now it appears Mr. Bear is setting himself up for 10 kinds of heartbreak with Volley Zilla.  I'm just afraid Beef's going to be next.  You know he won't take it well, either.  Ray's gonna need a mop and a wet-vac after he gets done consoling Beef.  

On an unrelated not, I just love how Molly refered to Todd as a "thing."  He probably made some sort of nasty proposition to her.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: ferocious j on August 30, 2004, 06:57:50 pm
Mr. Bear is making me laugh so goddamned hard.  And also, "getting your cook dog on" is the best term ever created for having a crush on someone.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: xzqx on August 30, 2004, 08:41:29 pm
sometimes people who are like, the opposite of stoned-acting, react the best to the weed. obviously beef is one of those.

i too am getting sad about the probable demise of their relationship and i keep having to smack myself and remind myself that it's not real. This is why I don't like to read books and watch movies and such. why are we all so addicted to fictional things like this?
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: V-Adore on August 30, 2004, 08:44:45 pm
Quote from: "xzqx"
sometimes people who are like, the opposite of stoned-acting, react the best to the weed. obviously beef is one of those.

Yeah, but past evidence has shown us that Beef and weed don't get along very well. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06242003)

Eh, maybe he's lightening up with regard to lighting up?
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: AugustWest on August 30, 2004, 08:50:16 pm
I would like to own a scrap iron guitar someday.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: xzqx on August 30, 2004, 08:55:10 pm
Quote
Yeah, but past evidence has shown us that Beef and weed don't get along very well.


oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Shit though what was he smoking, like inhalable LSD or something?  ithink that jazz-man gave him some weird-ass shit. i bet Lyle's is better.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: sailor on August 31, 2004, 07:12:25 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm kind of surprised Beef was smoking up at all. Obviously there's something very wrong right now, or I don't think that he'd be hitting the weed.



well, if i did some drug that i had such a good time with that it put me in the hospital with a life threatening stituation, i might think that the next time a hit it up, i would have more fun and be able to handle it enuf to where i was not having to be hospitalized.

or not.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: andalucia on August 31, 2004, 03:05:36 pm
Quote from: "sailor"
well, if i did some drug that i had such a good time with that it put me in the hospital with a life threatening stituation, i might think that the next time a hit it up, i would have more fun and be able to handle it enuf to where i was not having to be hospitalized.


Well, that's the spirit!
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Limmo on August 31, 2004, 03:32:19 pm
Quote from: "xzqx"
inhalable LSD


An idea whose time has come!  Somebody get on this.  

It would certainly make for a more interesting RNC convention.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Va on August 31, 2004, 03:34:36 pm
Quote from: "Limmo"
It would certainly make for a more interesting RNC convention.


Hey, the ATM machine there has an LCD display. </pedantry>
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: andalucia on August 31, 2004, 03:35:40 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Hey, the ATM machine there has an LCD display. </pedantry>


(zing!)
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: CortJstr on August 31, 2004, 04:24:32 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "Limmo"
It would certainly make for a more interesting RNC convention.

Hey, the ATM machine there has an LCD display. </pedantry>

The automatic teller machine machine has an LCD display? </repetition and one-upping of pedantry>
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Va on August 31, 2004, 04:37:04 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "Limmo"
It would certainly make for a more interesting RNC convention.

Hey, the ATM machine there has an LCD display. </pedantry>

The automatic teller machine machine has an LCD display? </repetition and one-upping of pedantry>


Uh, CortJstr, that was the joke I was making.  Because Limmo said RNC convention.  And you evidently don't know what the "D" in "LCD" stands for.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: andalucia on August 31, 2004, 04:40:45 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "Limmo"
It would certainly make for a more interesting RNC convention.

Hey, the ATM machine there has an LCD display. </pedantry>

The automatic teller machine machine has an LCD display? </repetition and one-upping of pedantry>


Uh, CortJstr, that was the joke I was making.  Because Limmo said RNC convention.  And you evidently don't know what the "D" in "LCD" stands for.


(zing^2!)
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: AugustWest on August 31, 2004, 04:57:50 pm
There's something about that word...
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: CortJstr on August 31, 2004, 04:58:46 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "Limmo"
It would certainly make for a more interesting RNC convention.

Hey, the ATM machine there has an LCD display. </pedantry>

The automatic teller machine machine has an LCD display? </repetition and one-upping of pedantry>

Uh, CortJstr, that was the joke I was making.  Because Limmo said RNC convention.  And you evidently don't know what the "D" in "LCD" stands for.

Dammit! When I first typed that reply it made sense, but it was too long, so then I clipped it down and hit submit and now it's shorter but makes no sense at all. I can't win today.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Limmo on August 31, 2004, 04:59:13 pm
Sigh.  Won't anyone get behind my call for more easily ingested drugs?  Inhalable LSD?  Cocaine that gets you high when you stare at it?  Pot you listen to?  

Science!
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Va on August 31, 2004, 05:06:17 pm
Quote from: "Limmo"
Pot you listen to?


I am in FAVOR of THAT!

Quote from: "Limmo"
Science!


SCIENCE!
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: jough on August 31, 2004, 05:13:52 pm
Hey, if "LCD Display" becomes more popular, the powers that be will just change what LCD stands for.

Remember when KFC meant "Kentucky Fried Chicken"?  Not anymore.

SAT used to be an acronym for "Scholastic Aptitude Test."  Now it stands for SAT (i.e. SAT is just a word, not an acronym).

PHP used to mean "Personal Home Pages" but at some point was changed to the recursive "PHP Hypertext Pre-processor" (shouldn't that be PHPP?).

Anyway, when LCD gets de-acronymed, then "LCD display" will be perfectly acceptable.

And this has to do with the blogs... how?
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Va on August 31, 2004, 05:16:42 pm
Limmo started it.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: jough on August 31, 2004, 05:18:34 pm
Don't make me have to separate you two.

Va, you stay on your side of the car, and Limmo, you stay on yours.

I hear any more commotion back there and I will turn this car RIGHT around.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Va on August 31, 2004, 05:31:25 pm
Everything was fine until CortJstr ruined my joke (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=24293#24293).
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: CortJstr on August 31, 2004, 06:29:49 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Everything was fine until CortJstr ruined my joke (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=24293#24293).

Fine, kick me while I'm down. Isn't it bad enough that I already feel quite the Shemp?
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: V-Adore on August 31, 2004, 07:21:10 pm
I was under the impression that "pot you listen to" was some of the stranger Led Zeppelin albums, with the Grateful Dead as a decent alternative (or Phish, for the washed-out).
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Limmo on August 31, 2004, 07:33:26 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Limmo started it.


Va keeps touching me.  STOP IT!  Are we there yet?

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I was under the impression that "pot you listen to" was some of the stranger Led Zeppelin albums, with the Grateful Dead as a decent alternative (or Phish, for the washed-out).


If had to pick one album which fit that definition, it would be  this one (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000FDMP/ref=m_art_bow_2/102-0337262-1621767?v=glance&s=music).
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: V-Adore on August 31, 2004, 07:36:44 pm
Quote from: "Limmo"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I was under the impression that "pot you listen to" was some of the stranger Led Zeppelin albums, with the Grateful Dead as a decent alternative (or Phish, for the washed-out).


If had to pick one album which fit that definition, it would be  this one (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000FDMP/ref=m_art_bow_2/102-0337262-1621767?v=glance&s=music).

Well, I certainly can't argue with...
Quote from: "some caps-happy guy on Amazon"
ONE RIFF.OVER FIFTY MINUTES.ONE...RIFFFF....THIS IS SO HEAVY,AMAZON WILL NEED TO DELIVER TO YOUR HOUSE WITH A FORKLIFT.YOU WILL THROW YOUR BACK OUT JUST OPENING THE JEWEL CASE.THIS IS NOT "MUSIC",BUT DIVINE MEDITATION.HALF WAY THRU AND YOU WILL BE DEEP IN TRANCE.BY THE END,YOU WILL BE WISHING THIS WAS A 10 DISC BOXSET.

Sounds like pot in a jewel case to me.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: andalucia on August 31, 2004, 07:50:46 pm
I think I shall have to look into this album.


As it stands, the quintessence of drugs in audio form as far as I am aware is this stuff (http://www.blazemonger.com/GG/).
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Limmo on August 31, 2004, 08:00:08 pm
Ah, yes, Gentle Giant.   Like a happier, less crusty Jethro Tull.

I love that Sleep got $175,000 from London Records and spent it all on Orange amps and weed, and then recorded one 52-minute song about serving Christ through getting high.  Yay Sleep.  There's also a 62-minute version of the same song called Dopesmoker (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008V5VN/ref=m_art_bow_3/102-0337262-1621767?v=glance&s=music), for those who found Jerusalem too ambiguous a title.

Oh, and can someone please split this thread?
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: andalucia on September 01, 2004, 11:52:54 am
Yeah, I like this, but I also have Things To Say regarding the blogs and stuff.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Gimpson on September 01, 2004, 02:38:16 pm
I do as well.  I am very happy that Nice Pete has finally written the second chapter of his book.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Gimpson on September 01, 2004, 02:43:13 pm
Also, it is very damn cool that Philippe is getting in on Ray's Gravy Train.  

What the hell would Philippe do with fifty bucks?
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: jough on September 01, 2004, 06:29:39 pm
With $50 he could buy ten votes in Southern Cuh-lee-FORN-ya.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Limmo on September 01, 2004, 06:37:21 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Yeah, I like this, but I also have Things To Say regarding the blogs and stuff.


I misunderstood the nature of thread splitting.  I thought you could just kind of, you know, airlift out the part about stoniness and keep the blog part going.  I'll sit in the corner now and be quiet.  

Oh wait, no I won't:

Quote from: "jough"
With $50 he could buy ten votes in Southern Cuh-lee-FORN-ya.


What are you trying to imply here, Jough?  That we Southern California types sell votes?  That we are merely corrupt stooges whose precious Constitutional rights can be pawned away for something as minor as a $5 bill?  You are wrong, sir!  Wrong!

Unless if you know anyone at CAA who can read my script.  Then I'll vote for whoever you want.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 01, 2004, 06:46:06 pm
wrong thread
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: jough on September 01, 2004, 07:28:16 pm
Oh man, how does that even HAPPEN?

I will have to ask my constituents.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: V-Adore on September 01, 2004, 07:51:11 pm
I'm not sure I trust Philippe with fifty bucks. I suspect Bad Things will happen.

Nice Pete's book is really heating up, though.

(Also, I am going to leave the dope-music conversation in the thread. I may airlift it out later when I'm not feeling so bucolic.)
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: CortJstr on September 01, 2004, 07:52:51 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm not sure I trust Philippe with fifty bucks. I suspect Bad Things will happen.

Possibly Emeril-related things. Maybe he'll trick out the Sex Bicycle. That would be awesome.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: andalucia on September 01, 2004, 10:11:33 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Possibly Emeril-related things.


That was my first assumption as well.  
There seems to be a fair bit. (http://search.looksmart.com/p/browse/us1/us317834/us317900/us286984/us572567/us572608/)
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Mantonio on September 02, 2004, 01:03:28 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
All I got's to say is, even a blind pig finds the occaisonal acorn (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=22540#22540) occasionally.


Hey!  I ain't blind, just near-sighted.  Also, I guess I'm more of an ass than a pig.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: AugustWest on September 02, 2004, 01:21:32 am
I say Phillippe's 50 bucks just supports my theory that Ray knows he's being taken and goes along as a graceful way to share his jack with his friends.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: arkabee on September 02, 2004, 05:33:29 pm
so,

ray is like the cool uncle that i never had?
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: V-Adore on September 02, 2004, 07:09:08 pm
I'm not sure how to integrate the whole "Ray buying a frog from Japan" thing into this. Assuming he wasn't lying to Philippe (which would imply that he's bluffing), he seems to be making a genuine effort to win at frog-jumping, which seems strange. How self-aware is Ray? He's obviously aware of his nobless oblige to some extent, but one wonders.

Also, this blog made me picture a frog ambulance, which would be sort of like a rabbit ambulance except with the strobe lights all mounted like frog eyes on the sides.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: Bozack on September 02, 2004, 07:17:46 pm
Teodors post is amazing. The best thing I can say about myself...
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: CortJstr on September 02, 2004, 08:42:38 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm not sure how to integrate the whole "Ray buying a frog from Japan" thing into this. Assuming he wasn't lying to Philippe (which would imply that he's bluffing), he seems to be making a genuine effort to win at frog-jumping, which seems strange. How self-aware is Ray? He's obviously aware of his nobless oblige to some extent, but one wonders.

But it is Philippe he's dealing with. Had Ray one he probably only would've said the bet was for like 2 cents or something.
Title: Blogs. Week of August 30, 2004.
Post by: andalucia on September 02, 2004, 09:03:49 pm
Teodor really is awesome.  He's definitely become one of my favourite-er characters since the blogs started.