The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on September 03, 2004, 10:26:41 am

Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: wombat on September 03, 2004, 10:26:41 am
Va!  Just what you need!
Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: andalucia on September 03, 2004, 11:56:07 am
I don't get it.
Does this mean Achewood is going to fill up with infants like our board?
Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: JorgeFabregas on September 03, 2004, 12:49:17 pm
Except for the ODB, this comic borders on lame standard formula.

Hip-hop incongruity. T. hee.
Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: CortJstr on September 03, 2004, 12:50:52 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
I don't get it.
Does this mean Achewood is going to fill up with infants like our board?

Hey, Little Nephew likes to get with the ladies. If they don't take the proper precautions it ain't his fault.
Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: Bozack on September 03, 2004, 04:10:38 pm
Yeah, I thought this comic was vaguely lame until the alt-text. "On the lam" is AWESOME.
Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: jough on September 03, 2004, 04:32:13 pm
Have you never heard that expression before, Bozack?  It means to be evading justice, in hiding, etc.

This strip was "meh" but I do like the idea of spinner wheels for the stroller.
Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: arkabee on September 03, 2004, 05:42:46 pm
i liked the strip:
it helped add continuity of the butler in ray's life,
it helped to establish that ray has 'shloads of cash from more than
just selling his soul to the devil,
and it helps to "flesh out" more of ray's persona.

i mean, "someone who would invest in a company that makes bling-bling for babies" totally describes ray, to some extent, in a totally, yet just as accurate, different way than "someone that was 'possessed' by a bitter-yet-capitalistically-savvy shoe".

know what i mean?
Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: jough on September 03, 2004, 05:48:59 pm
Well, it's not like he's entirely un-business-savvy.  I mean, he DID receive a LARGE cheque.

I was disappointed, though, that when Waterbury spoke he said "check" and not "cheque."

Isn't the dude supposed to be English?

That is one of those details that would have made the strip funny/ier.
Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: V-Adore on September 03, 2004, 08:49:06 pm
I have to agree that the alt text of this strip basically makes it. Previously I was thinking "hey, why would you need to have a detachable ODB? If you don't want your kids exposed to him, or what?"

Kind of funny anyway, but man, the alt text kicks it up a notch. (BAM!)
Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: arkabee on September 03, 2004, 10:40:57 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I have to agree that the alt text of this strip basically makes it. Previously I was thinking
"hey, why would you need to have a detachable ODB?


*blink*



why would you _not_ want the action figure to come out of the vehicle?

stupid torso and arms, you get them out of the car and then shadowstorm won't fit and i'm not gonna risk breaking the rubber band in him so he's got to walk AGAIN! jeezus.  [1]

[1] great, now you people have me doing it too.
Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: Golfhaus on September 04, 2004, 01:28:11 am
Maybe I'm just out of the times, but is "krunked" a word that kids use these days? Previously, I'd only seen it in "Tha Billet!" and was able to dismiss it as Nephewspeak. Now, I'm not so sure.
Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: TALKYdude on September 04, 2004, 03:22:59 am
Yeah, my circle of friends has been saying "getting krunked up" and "let's get krunked" for a couple of years now. It started off as making fun of people who say that. Now we say it without a hint of irony.
I'm not sure if, at 24, I count as "the kids" or not.
Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: jough on September 04, 2004, 03:51:12 am
Krunk is a word that Conan O'Brien was trying to work into the lexicon in his early years.

It seems to have worked.
Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: AugustWest on September 04, 2004, 05:03:49 am
Jough is correct.  

Unless my drunken brain is playing vicious tricks on me, Conan made a transparent attempt to popularize "Krunk" as a new semi-naughty word early in his first season.

I guess it caught on as a neologism in the year 2000.
Title: 5" spinner rims for the stroller - 9-3-04
Post by: sjlimmer on September 04, 2004, 05:39:13 pm
Haven't we done this before? (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=12471#12471)

That said, how would one access the Jäger when drinking from one's leg?  Having the spout just above the ankle seems a little awkward to me, and less than worth the effort.  Now if the leg help Wild Turkey Rye...