The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: TALKYdude on September 08, 2004, 08:42:59 am

Title: Tubby Tabby Terrorizes Throne! 9/8 04
Post by: TALKYdude on September 08, 2004, 08:42:59 am
Jesus, Ray has a tall door. The "London Morning STAR" isn't very convincing looking. He should add color just to that panel, maybe.
All in all, kind of an anticlimax. I almost wish he'd just dropped the storyline, instead of closing it this way.
Title: Tubby Tabby Terrorizes Throne! 9/8 04
Post by: andalucia on September 08, 2004, 12:21:24 pm
Agreed about the anticlimax, but I assumed that his door just might perhaps be from the human world or something.  For some reason.
Title: Tubby Tabby Terrorizes Throne! 9/8 04
Post by: arlucasinc on September 08, 2004, 12:21:37 pm
I kinda feel the same way.

I also think that Waterbury leaving might possibly be the saddest thing.

Also, Ray's in deep shit as far as future parties are concerned.
Title: Tubby Tabby Terrorizes Throne! 9/8 04
Post by: AugustWest on September 08, 2004, 01:07:03 pm
I disagree.  Ray's confrontation with Waterbury could be played up a little more, but I loved the Fleet Street tabloid.  Poor ol' Ray's harmless kink gets internationally outted.
Title: sadness
Post by: filas on September 08, 2004, 02:38:15 pm
i've sort of seen this coming for a while, and i was dreading when it would actually happen.  i like waterbury.
i thought ray would be more conflicted about being deceived but more importantly losing such a great butler.  i mean, he doesn't seem that mad at waterbury, but he doesn't ask him to stay or try to offer waterbury money to stay.
i guess we'll see next time ray posts.
"kicked me on the face
Title: Tubby Tabby Terrorizes Throne! 9/8 04
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 08, 2004, 06:32:21 pm
Randy Ray Rejoices as Rounded Rump Ruins Rum-Raisin Roulade.

This should have been the thread title.

Waterbury was awesome but had "temporary character" written all over him.




Och, Waterbury, we hardly knew ye!

a pound for a tabloid? That's pricey!
Title: Tubby Tabby Terrorizes Throne! 9/8 04
Post by: V-Adore on September 08, 2004, 07:07:40 pm
This feels just a smidgen like an anticlimax, but I'm hoping there's a jumping-off point here for a further storyline -- Ray attempting to salvage his reputation, perhaps. Or inadvertently totally not salvaging it.
Title: Tubby Tabby Terrorizes Throne! 9/8 04
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 08, 2004, 07:09:58 pm
Ray hasn't really demonstrated a huge need to salvage reputation in the past...I mean, usually he just moves on to the next thing.
Title: Tubby Tabby Terrorizes Throne! 9/8 04
Post by: Formica on September 09, 2004, 09:01:10 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
This feels just a smidgen like an anticlimax, but I'm hoping there's a jumping-off point here for a further storyline -- Ray attempting to salvage his reputation, perhaps. Or inadvertently totally not salvaging it.
Or Lyle seeing the potential for profit and having some kind of SaniSluts/Mash Video crossover fest for his next gonzo shoot.
Title: Waterbury Possibilities
Post by: FizzgigMcarthur on September 15, 2004, 04:11:50 am
Man, think of the possibilities Waterbury could have had if he stayed with the strip! In one of the only Internet comics to have Blogs for individual characters, a undercover spy would be the best character to tests out bits with a multidimensional character unlike all other cartoon characters. But i guess it couldn't have lasted for long.