The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Turbo Ninja on September 13, 2004, 09:03:28 pm

Title: This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
Post by: Turbo Ninja on September 13, 2004, 09:03:28 pm
I wonder how many surreptitious murders Beef orchestrated before it got too difficult.
Title: Re: This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
Post by: Mantonio on September 13, 2004, 09:07:32 pm
Quote from: "superock101"
I wonder how many surreptitious murders Beef orchestrated before it got too difficult.


Gosh, it makes you think he might be hanging around Nice Pete too much.
Title: This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
Post by: V-Adore on September 13, 2004, 09:20:28 pm
The fact that this thread is not named "A Boy Named Cassandra" makes me sad inside. What is today's youth coming to?

I like the subdued black background.
Title: This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
Post by: arkabee on September 13, 2004, 09:39:16 pm
empty cup of rum = cool phrase.  it's almost a koan.  how can it be a cup of rum if it is empty? the cup keeps the properties of what it held even when it no longer holds that which it held before and is now known as.

2- very good strip.  it is like old achewood wherein you only get to see part of what is going on and it is the blank slate that makes it so very interesting.
Title: This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
Post by: Bozack on September 13, 2004, 10:51:13 pm
Upon reading this comic, I ripped off the "Harry and the Potters" shirt I was wearing, and put on one of my Cash shirts. I can't belive I forgot.
This also marks the one-year anniversary of that time I got a job on the day Johnny Cash died.
Damn, man, I''m totally gonna put on his American albums at the computer lab later tonight.
Title: This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
Post by: andalucia on September 14, 2004, 12:08:43 am
Man.
I also cannot believe that it was a year ago I donned the black armband for dear Mr. Cash.
Guess I second the move to go put on one of the American albums.
Title: This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
Post by: V-Adore on September 14, 2004, 12:54:59 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Upon reading this comic, I ripped off the "Harry and the Potters" shirt I was wearing, and put on one of my Cash shirts. I can't belive I forgot.

I am not sure which part of this is the awesomest.

(Should really buy myself an H&tP T-shirt for the incoming birthday. Whee!)
Title: This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
Post by: Choop on September 14, 2004, 04:11:59 am
In memory of Johnny Cash's passing a year ago today, I donned my Wigu "Not a doctor" t-shirt which I recieved a year ago today with which I then promptly attired myself.

In other news, I lost at trivia tonight (my team did). We were in first place going into the final wager question, risked it all and missed. Oh, well. No $10 in "Bar Bucks" for me. Maybe next week.

edit: A year ago today I (my team) won in trivia. $30 in "Bar Bucks" which paid for beer the following week (there's a gestation period on the gift-certs).
Title: This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 14, 2004, 01:13:53 pm
I would have named this thread "Three Ho-Ho's, a flashlight and an unpaid parking ticket."  But that's just me.
Title: This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
Post by: Turbo Ninja on September 14, 2004, 01:25:55 pm
I used the Empty Cup of Rum phrase because I thought it fit the mood of the strip.  There's a time for TEH FUNYEST LINE and there's a time for honoring the memory of Johnny Cash.  'Stad used the strip for the latter so it seemed right to use the thread title for the same.
Title: This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
Post by: andalucia on September 14, 2004, 06:04:41 pm
Yeah, I agree with superrock on this one.
Even if he IS in my fort.
Title: This empty cup of rum, 9.13.04
Post by: V-Adore on September 14, 2004, 11:11:55 pm
That's an entirely fair judgment call, yeah. A memoriam thread seems only reasonable, all things considered.