The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: AugustWest on September 16, 2004, 02:36:38 pm

Title: Strindberg & Helium
Post by: AugustWest on September 16, 2004, 02:36:38 pm
Hell! (http://www.strindbergandhelium.com/)
Title: Strindberg & Helium
Post by: andalucia on September 16, 2004, 05:58:54 pm
Awesome!

How did you come across this thing 'o radness?
Title: Strindberg & Helium
Post by: AugustWest on September 16, 2004, 06:24:20 pm
It was on Memepool (http://www.memepool.com).
Title: Strindberg & Helium
Post by: Pedro Picasso on September 16, 2004, 07:01:42 pm
I don't know.  It's not funny to me.  Maybe I don't know enough existentialists.  


Or... you know.. people.
Title: Strindberg & Helium
Post by: arkabee on September 16, 2004, 10:27:38 pm
ya know, i don't know who this strindberg fellow is/was, but that's hilarious.
Title: Strindberg & Helium
Post by: AugustWest on September 17, 2004, 02:19:33 am
He was a playwright, if I recall correctly.


I didn't really find it necessary to have an understanding of Strindberg or his works to enjoy the humor (although it perhaps would have added an extra dimension.)  I just enjoyed the absurd contrast between dark morose Strindberg and goofy li'l Helium.
Title: Strindberg & Helium
Post by: arkabee on September 17, 2004, 01:35:37 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I just enjoyed the absurd contrast between dark morose Strindberg and goofy li'l Helium.


absurdity is the irony of the 00's???

looking at that question makes me shudder, because i mean it absurdly, but then thinking about that makes my brane hurt.  i'm glad i didn't go into socioilogy.
Title: Strindberg & Helium
Post by: V-Adore on September 17, 2004, 02:04:27 pm
Yeah, I'm no big Strindberg buff, but I just enjoyed the interplay and the character dynamics, such as they are. Strindberg seems to be semi-accepting of this little pink puffball interfering in his life, which is heartwarming in a very strange way.

(The ending of "With Iron and Sulfur" gets me every time, even if it was a disappointment because I was hoping that Iron and Sulfur would be other little element-gnome-things to match Helium.)
Title: Strindberg & Helium
Post by: AugustWest on September 17, 2004, 02:10:52 pm
I liked the end of "At Home With the Kids" when Helium lies down on Strindberg's chest and says, "I'm dead too."
Title: Strindberg & Helium
Post by: arkabee on September 17, 2004, 03:09:20 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I liked the end of "At Home With the Kids" when Helium lies down on Strindberg's chest and says, "I'm dead too."


i'd dare to state, for the record, that the cuteness of Helium rivals that of Phillipe!
Title: Strindberg & Helium
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 17, 2004, 07:14:11 pm
Strindberg was pretty freaky. (http://www.extrapris.com/astrindberg.html)

More Freakiness (http://www.extrapris.com/inf3.html)