The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: jough on September 16, 2004, 06:35:55 pm

Title: RIP Johnny Ramone
Post by: jough on September 16, 2004, 06:35:55 pm
Hey Ho!  RIP!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=529&e=2&u=/ap/20040916/ap_en_mu/obit_ramone
Title: RIP Johnny Ramone
Post by: CortJstr on September 16, 2004, 06:46:37 pm
I think I've heard Blitzkrieg Bop 6 times already today.

Kind of sad that it was just a couple days after the huge 30th anniversary party.
Title: RIP Johnny Ramone
Post by: andalucia on September 16, 2004, 08:30:23 pm
Yeah, I heard this morning.
Tragic how the younger generation is becoming desensitized to Ramone-deaths.
Title: RIP Johnny Ramone
Post by: CortJstr on September 16, 2004, 08:38:46 pm
How many Ramones were there, anyway? I know for a while there was a lot of turnover. And I sadly still haven't heard any of Joey's solo stuff.
Title: RIP Johnny Ramone
Post by: jough on September 16, 2004, 09:50:58 pm
Well, this is the third Ramone death in the past two years, but they've had about a dozen members off and on over the years, so there are still plenty to go.

Which member will befall the Ramone curse next?  C.J.?  Doug?
Title: RIP Johnny Ramone
Post by: slink on September 17, 2004, 10:31:11 am
Quote from: "jough"

Which member will befall the Ramone curse next?  C.J.?  Doug?


Well, if only for that rap...
I think it's three down in total. Four possibly.
But at what point is it like all the Beatles dying and leaving Paul McCartnet as their sole spokesman?
Title: RIP Johnny Ramone
Post by: Limmo on September 17, 2004, 04:00:45 pm
Quote from: "slink"
But at what point is it like all the Beatles dying and leaving Paul McCartnet as their sole spokesman?


Paul McCartnet is not the only Beatle left.  There's also Ringgo Star.
Title: RIP Johnny Ramone
Post by: slink on September 17, 2004, 06:48:26 pm
Quote from: "Limmo"

Paul McCartnet is not the only Beatle left.  There's also Ringgo Star.


Well, yea, I know, but... What, Octopusses Garden?
I doubt Ringo Starr will ever actually die.
Title: RIP Johnny Ramone
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 17, 2004, 07:10:57 pm
What about Peet Bess? And some people still count Bryan Epsteen and even Bill Lee Preston too....
Title: RIP Johnny Ramone
Post by: AugustWest on September 17, 2004, 07:17:55 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
What about Peet Bess? And some people still count Bryan Epsteen and even Bill Lee Preston too....


Hasn't Byron Epstine been dead for almost 40 years?
Title: RIP Johnny Ramone
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 17, 2004, 07:30:45 pm
Oh, too true. I was thinking more about the rest of the Beatles thing- along the lines of the 75 or so remaining Ramones.
Title: RIP Johnny Ramone
Post by: Limmo on September 17, 2004, 11:54:15 pm
Don't forget Stoort Sutklif.
Title: RIP Johnny Ramone
Post by: CortJstr on September 18, 2004, 01:10:42 am
I don't know why but I just now realized that the 3 Ramones that died were all originals. Tommy is the only one left.