The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: AugustWest on September 21, 2004, 06:59:48 pm

Title: What I've been doing lately
Post by: AugustWest on September 21, 2004, 06:59:48 pm
The Floor Project. (http://frank.plagiarist.com/THE%20FLOOR%20PROJECT.htm)  Two rooms down, two rooms to go.  Then we start the bathroom.  Yikes.
Title: What I've been doing lately
Post by: andalucia on September 21, 2004, 07:52:18 pm
That is a real class act.
Bravo for the initiative.
Title: What I've been doing lately
Post by: V-Adore on September 21, 2004, 08:02:06 pm
Man, that's gorgeous. There are few things nicer to look at than a really good hardwood floor, and it looks like you're putting this one in beautifully. Bravo!

(Also, Patty's room is very nice. The bunkbed is cute.)
Title: What I've been doing lately
Post by: AugustWest on September 21, 2004, 08:07:06 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"

Question:  Doesn't look like you pulled the molding in any of the rooms, and I don't blame you for avoiding that mess.  Are you going to drop some half-inch quarter-round to cover your seams, or did you butt the parquet in nice and tight to the walls and call it good?


I'll be putting quarter round down.  I haven't mitered anything yet.  I'll be putting a T-strip down between rooms and I don't really care if they don't line up perfectly.

Quote
ALSO: I ran 750 sqft of pergo style flooring in the homestead last year-ish.  That I commiserate with your anguish on this project in no way precludes me from the following: HA-ha! </Muntz>


I did about 400 sq ft of pergo last year in our family room.  I thought it was pretty darn easy to lay.  Mine was the "floating" kind -- no glue.  Also did a vinyl kitchen floor at around the same time.

Quote
ALSO ALSO: Hairless arms pix plz!


We'll see.  It's growing back, but I'll shave 'em again.  It's preferable to pulling out gluey arm hairs for a week.
Title: What I've been doing lately
Post by: Va on September 21, 2004, 09:35:19 pm
Beautiful!