The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Bozack on September 23, 2004, 06:56:28 pm

Title: Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
Post by: Bozack on September 23, 2004, 06:56:28 pm
Wow, this is a really great one, I think, that actually steals a few planned tracks from my own one, going out on Monday. MAHNA MAHNA!
Title: Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
Post by: jough on September 23, 2004, 07:54:44 pm
I guess mine got lost in the mail.
Title: Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
Post by: CortJstr on September 23, 2004, 08:21:38 pm
There were parts that I guess I didn't "get" like mclusky but it's got Animal on it. Animal! You can't go wrong with that. Just ask TMBG.
Title: Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
Post by: sjlimmer on September 23, 2004, 11:34:04 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I guess mine got lost in the mail.


I can't seem to find your address from the last round.  PM or email me with where to send your disc, and it will follow shortly thereafter.

Also, thanks for the positive vibes.  I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's mixes, too....
Title: Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
Post by: V-Adore on September 24, 2004, 01:38:25 am
I don't know if I messaged you an address, SJL. If not, no worries; it can wait until my CD comes out, which should be soon, schedule willing.
Title: Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
Post by: Flenker on September 26, 2004, 03:44:57 pm
got mine, and there are actually a couple tracks that were in strong consideration to be put onto mine, most noteably the Calexico song.  So that's always a plus, can't wait to hear the whole thing
Title: Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
Post by: Flenker on September 28, 2004, 05:48:13 am
listened to the whole thing, and overall, it's very enjoyable!!  I think the Magnetic Fields song on there is my current favorite song.  It appears that we have a similar taste in music
Title: Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
Post by: starlight on October 03, 2004, 07:50:35 am
Okay, I got it today (and an extra disc!  was that just for me or are others just not talking about that one?).  I just began to listen to them now though, so my only opinion is on the tracks from 1-5.  well, track 1 won't play at all (I'm not sure what's up with that).  I really like the ones I can hear so far though.... the Calexico one especially!

I may come back to talk about the rest, but I figured I should say something right-quick now to say I got them anyway.  :D
Title: Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
Post by: CortJstr on October 03, 2004, 01:56:42 pm
I also got the bonus disc, but I thought that was just his mix from the last round, which I didnt' participate in.
Title: Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
Post by: sjlimmer on October 03, 2004, 05:19:44 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I also got the bonus disc, but I thought that was just his mix from the last round, which I didnt' participate in.


Well, sort of.  The first time around, I sent out two discs to a few people (basically, those who sent me two), but everyone else got one.  Since I was expecting this round to be mostly the same partici#####, I sent the bonus disc from round 1 out to people who didn't already have it (except that I think I forgot Flenker...sorry.  PM me if I did).  Does that make any sense?  If anyone wants any of the mixes I sent, just let me know....

Quote from: "starlight"
well, track 1 won't play at all


I'm really sorry about that.  I didn't listen to all of the copies I burned to make sure they came out ok.  If you're really curious about that song, I could probably arrange something.....
Title: Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
Post by: starlight on October 03, 2004, 11:49:59 pm
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Quote from: "starlight"
well, track 1 won't play at all


I'm really sorry about that.  I didn't listen to all of the copies I burned to make sure they came out ok.  If you're really curious about that song, I could probably arrange something.....


Thanks.. I was just going to go search on soulseek later today, but if ya can make an mp3 out of it.... I'll go with that option... if it's not too much trouble.

I finished listening to them all by the way -- that's the only one that wouldn't play.

My fav tracks were the Calexico, Magnetic Fields, Frank Black & The Catholics, The Church, Franz Ferdinand (well, I have the album.. heh), The Shins, Zero 7, Sun Kil Moon (again, have the album... it's my fav track off it though!), TMBG, and well, the Muppets one off the first mix

Love and Rockets, T-Rex, The Lucksmiths, Sing-Sing, The The, Pixies (of course), BRMC, and Depeche Mode ones off the other mix.

Yay!
Title: Take the Chickens Away- SjLimmer's disc
Post by: Flenker on October 04, 2004, 05:22:13 am
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
(except that I think I forgot Flenker...sorry.  PM me if I did)


PM Sent