The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Pedro Picasso on September 24, 2004, 09:32:26 pm

Title: Spamusement
Post by: Pedro Picasso on September 24, 2004, 09:32:26 pm
It's not a discussion of new Achewood strips, sure.  But there aren't any new Achewood strips, so I present to you: Spamusement (http://www.spamusement.com)!  Spam subject lines rendered pictorally as only a guy with a computer could.  Few things in life make me laugh hard anymore.  This is one of them.

What has made you guys actually laugh till it hurts in the last couple of weeks?
Title: Spamusement
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 25, 2004, 12:01:15 am
This is really strange. I didn't read the whole post or the tag on the site, I just started clicking and they were so not funny I was about to post a WTF....

Then I read they were Spam subjects and went back and lo and behold, now they are funny.

Weird. I'll never understand what makes things funny. This is a crackup though.
Title: Spamusement
Post by: V-Adore on September 25, 2004, 12:36:25 am
Some of it is just the subject lines themselves. "Hide your license plate, Grover?" What the hell?

(Also, this should probably be in A&E, but it's sad and quiet in here, so I'll permit it. For NOW, Picasso. For now.)
Title: Spamusement
Post by: slink on September 26, 2004, 02:05:58 am
I came upon this the other day through del.icio.us but it didnt' really grab me. What it reminded me of, and made me laugh more is Exploding Dog.
This is the I always remember - http://www.explodingdog.com/january2/warning2.html
Title: Spamusement
Post by: arkabee on September 26, 2004, 02:44:19 pm
*clap*clap*clap*

yay for things to amuse my widdle brane!!!
Title: Spamusement
Post by: Pedro Picasso on October 02, 2004, 05:31:17 pm
Ladies and gentlemen, due to punishment, I bring you the Nigerian Bank Scam Monologue (http://www.zefrank.com/request/index_better.html) on a web page in quicktime format.

Misspellings and bad grammar are intact.  It's beautiful.  It's brilliant.  It's a pretty good followup to a thread I should have put elsewhere in the first place.