The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: CortJstr on September 27, 2004, 08:41:26 pm
-
If my SO were posting this she would vote frickin' awesome but it's a little mellow for my tastes. She's going to be spinning this disc pretty often.
-
I also went with "Decidedly Awesome" but only because the package contained no additional goodness.
-
And did Flenker include Poly Spree? Maybe I just didn't notice. I couldn't read that damn index card hardly.
Agreed. How about posting a tracklist here, because there's a couple I can't really make out either.
-
yeah, sorry about the track listings.... My printer is not agreeing with my these days, and I thought the index cards would be alright. Silly me, I forgot about my handwriting. here's a tracklisting for everyone:
1. (sound clip from Napoleon Dynamite)
2. The Faint - Glass Danse
3. Les Savy Fav - Daily Dares
4. Yo La Tengo - Sugar Cube
5. The Shins - New Slang
6. The Polyphonic Spree - Hold Me Now
7. Belle and Sebastian - I'm a Cuckoo
8. Of Montreal - A Dreamy Day of Daydreaming of You
9. Aloha - Let Your Head Hang Low
10. American Football - Never Meant
11. Daniel Johnston - Davinare
12. Matt Pond PA - Measure 5
13. The Mountain Goats - Sail On
14. Iron and Wine - Sunset Soon Forgotten
15. American Analog Set - Dr Pepper
16. Cub Country - O Great Telephone
17. Mojave 3 - Billy Oddity
18. Calexico - Fallin Rain
19. Death Cab for Cutie - A Lack of Color
20. Kind of Like Spitting - All Else Failed
21. Bright Eyes - Messenger Bird Song
22. M Doughty - Train to Chicago
23. The Weakerthans - My Favourite Chords
I was toying around with making the title something to do with manic depression, because the cd starts off upbeat, then gets decidedly less so. Also, my apologies for not being too flashy. My creativity does not lie in the cd case layout field.... My next one will be better, promise
-
Man, you weren't kidding around about the CD being indie. I put this in and wandered around my neighbourhood for the duration and I wholeheartedly dug it; many thanks. My computer should be fixed by Tuesday so I'll be able to get CDs out sooon I hope.
The Shins song made me happy since the previous night I'd fallen asleep on my friend's couch while listening to them. Of Montreal was great, too, since they played here last week and I missed them. (Apparently they had to spend some time explaining that they, in fact, had no connection to the city proper). Lots of rad stuff, and very well put together as a mix.
Ooh, also the Weakerthans song was neat to hear-- "My Favourite Chords" was my fave song of theirs when I saw them play way back in the day, at the dawn of the new millenium.
-
I still haven't gotten my copy yet; this is probably a problem with my college's absolutely hideous mailroom system, though, so I'm sure it'll be rectified in time. Besides, this way I get the anticipation factor.
-
Ooh, also the Weakerthans song was neat to hear-- "My Favourite Chords" was my fave song of theirs when I saw them play way back in the day, at the dawn of the new millenium.
Dang, when I saw them, they didn't play it!!! It's my favorite song of theirs, one of my favorite songs of all time. This was a few years ago in Minneapolis. I'm glad to find someone else who has at least heard of them, I've only ran into a few. I guess since they're from Canada and you're from Canada... I also missed Of Montreal when they played here, I was totally bummed.
And V-Adore, I promise your cd was sent out at the same time as the others, and I haven't gotten it returned back to me for an incorrect address or anything... Hopefully it'll get there soon!
-
Wow.. no, I haven't asked for this mix, but know 7 of the songs and 17 of the bands, so it greatly intrigues me (hm.. even two of the bands are on my last mix) :D
I like The Weakerthans a lot, too. I was so happy when I found the album in the record store over here.
-
And V-Adore, I promise your cd was sent out at the same time as the others, and I haven't gotten it returned back to me for an incorrect address or anything... Hopefully it'll get there soon!
Oh, I trust entirely that it's not your fault. My college recently totally decentralized and reorganized the mail system, is the thing, and thus a lot of mail has taken a while to get routed to the right box and such. Besides, I haven't checked by Friday; it might be there already.
-
Wow.. no, I haven't asked for this mix, but know 7 of the songs and 17 of the bands, so it greatly intrigues me (hm.. even two of the bands are on my last mix) :D
I like The Weakerthans a lot, too. I was so happy when I found the album in the record store over here.
well if you're interested in receiving a mix, PM me, and I can get one on the way!!