The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Acanthopagrus on September 28, 2004, 07:50:50 am

Title: Eggs and Testicles. 28th Sept 2004
Post by: Acanthopagrus on September 28, 2004, 07:50:50 am
It is good to see Nice Pete once again.
Especially when Arthur is in the room.
Title: Eggs and Testicles. 28th Sept 2004
Post by: starlight on September 28, 2004, 08:01:57 am
...and Pat!

...I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Nice Pete being back... it's a mixed emotion.
Title: Eggs and Testicles. 28th Sept 2004
Post by: pubdoggy on September 28, 2004, 08:57:45 am
Aaaaarthur is pretty much gonna perish at Pete's paws.
Title: Eggs and Testicles. 28th Sept 2004
Post by: Mantonio on September 28, 2004, 01:27:16 pm
Quote from: "pubdoggy"
Aaaaarthur is pretty much gonna perish at Pete's paws.


That's too baaaaaad!
Title: Eggs and Testicles. 28th Sept 2004
Post by: andalucia on September 28, 2004, 01:27:32 pm
Quote from: "pubdoggy"
Aaaaarthur is pretty much gonna perish at Pete's paws.


Dear lord, I hope so.  I have always failed to find Arthur the least bit entertaining.  I am much more enthusiastic about the return of Nice Pete.
Title: Eggs and Testicles. 28th Sept 2004
Post by: V-Adore on September 28, 2004, 02:11:13 pm
Arthur was funny in his previous brief incarnations, but I'm not sure I like the idea of his being a recurring character. It would be sort of like Onstad starting blogs for Emeril and Spongebath.

I give him about a 75% probability of being dead, dead, dead by the end of the storyline. Very messily, no less.

(Also, Nice Pete apparently has tremendous powers of perception if he can actually see individual ova from an external view. I mean, I know it's a metaphor, but when I take my brief and harrowing foray into Nice Pete's viewpoint, I picture it with the ova and/or testicles suspended in air, like a particularly reproductively-focused Magic Eye picture.)
Title: Eggs and Testicles. 28th Sept 2004
Post by: St_Zartan on September 28, 2004, 03:19:24 pm
One of the things I enjoy most about Nice Pete is that he genuinely seems to try to get along and be accommodating and genial - he's never actually harmed or even threatened any of the cast, as far as I can remember, and for all we know, the Super Secret Ice Cream Shop was just that - but he's so hopelessly and irredeemably fucked-up that even his best and most honest efforts end up, well, like the damn Death Sound.

Check out the next-to-last panel; he's squinting, he realizes that he's expected to see something apart from the obvious, he looks for it, he finds it, he opens his damn mouth, and blam - (I second V-Adore's idea of his seeing "ova and/or testicles suspended in air").

That and his weblog.
Title: Eggs and Testicles. 28th Sept 2004
Post by: jough on September 28, 2004, 05:37:59 pm
See, I thought the "funny part" was that he saw them as "alive people."

Yuk yuk yuk.
Title: Eggs and Testicles. 28th Sept 2004
Post by: Golfhaus on September 28, 2004, 08:54:01 pm
Quote from: "jough"
See, I thought the "funny part" was that he saw them as "alive people."


Me too... as if it was a flaw. "Well, they seem like okay people, but they're not... dead..."
Title: Eggs and Testicles. 28th Sept 2004
Post by: beetle on September 30, 2004, 06:11:46 am
I'm also not cool with Nice Pete showing up again.

I'm still completely rattled from that month of fearing for Philippe's life.
Title: Eggs and Testicles. 28th Sept 2004
Post by: Acanthopagrus on October 01, 2004, 12:46:57 am
oh come on people.
is there anything funnier than http://www.achewood.com/?date=04032003
or
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04082003

and the secrete icecream shop was gold.
Are you afraid that one of your special cartoon friends will soon be spending some time with "No-No" and "Trouble Man"?

Nice Pete is just misunderstood, and a murderer, a cold blooded murderer.