The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: arkabee on September 30, 2004, 09:44:28 pm

Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: arkabee on September 30, 2004, 09:44:28 pm
is roast beef napping, fallen down drunk, or depressed again (still)?
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on September 30, 2004, 09:47:17 pm
That is just what he was doing when Molly got home. Lying on his side, kind of napping. That is the truth.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: arkabee on September 30, 2004, 09:49:26 pm
Quote from: "c_onstad"
That is just what he was doing when Molly got home. Lying on his side, kind of napping. That is the truth.


it seems a lot more difficult to make idle conjecture when the other person in the room actually knows.

stop knowing, and idly conjecture.

he looked more "napping" then anything, but i'd think he'd be drunk to say that to his gf while prone on the floor for fear of kicks to his tender area.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on September 30, 2004, 09:50:45 pm
No, he was just napping. He is a weird guy, he would say things like that.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: wombat on September 30, 2004, 09:52:02 pm
Why monotremes?  The only monotreme I ever knew was perfectly inoffensive.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: CortJstr on September 30, 2004, 09:52:39 pm
It is a pretty normal pose for a cat but the last time we saw Beef that way (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12102003) he was about to kill himself. It's one of those, "oh yeah, they aren't human, I forgot" moments.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: arkabee on September 30, 2004, 09:56:22 pm
well, he does look absolutely adorable with his paws folded up like that.

i wonder if the stuffed animals ever have a moment where they say to themselves, "awe, isn't beef adorable.  i bet he'd like a whiskas treat."?

also, does molly even have breasts?  and don't cats and most other mammals have like a eleventy nipples?  anthropomorphizing gets confusing.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on September 30, 2004, 10:03:20 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
don't cats and most other mammals have like a eleventy nipples?  anthropomorphizing gets confusing.


YOU'RE TELLING ME
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: jough on September 30, 2004, 10:10:00 pm
Maybe if Beef eats some leftover riblets he can puke on the outlet and kill himself again.

SAT TIME, KIDS:
RIBLETS are to RIBS what CHICKEN McNUGGETS are to CHICKEN
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on September 30, 2004, 10:11:45 pm
Jough that last comment was not funny. Maybe try to do better?
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on September 30, 2004, 10:12:06 pm
I was like, "meh."
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: jough on September 30, 2004, 10:13:02 pm
Quote from: "c_onstad"
Jough that last comment was not funny. Maybe try to do better?


I was thinking the same about yesterday's strip.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on September 30, 2004, 10:15:12 pm
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone, particularly people who pretend that they're English."

-Bill Cosby
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: jough on September 30, 2004, 10:16:04 pm
Quote from: "c_onstad"
I was like, "meh."


I guess I struck a nerve (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=24605#24605).
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on September 30, 2004, 10:17:14 pm
So you admit that you are not from England, and all that "favourite" stuff is posturing to help you sell your poems?
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: jough on September 30, 2004, 10:18:22 pm
I'm Irish, not English.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: arkabee on September 30, 2004, 10:18:58 pm
this would be cooler with hot chixxors and a jello-filled mud-wrestling ring.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on September 30, 2004, 10:24:17 pm
You're not Irish. You're from New Jersey. Everybody can tell, we are not fooled by those "favourites" and "colours." You probably look like a Ramone.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: arkabee on September 30, 2004, 10:26:18 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Why monotremes?  The only monotreme I ever knew was perfectly inoffensive.


but do they tip well?
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: jough on September 30, 2004, 10:28:00 pm
Hey, I'm not the one who refuses to show his face.  

As it happens, I live in the Philly area.  Haven't ever lived in NJ although of course I drive through it to see the Ugly Ocean or visit NYC.

Anyway, I hate to be the one to say this, but let's try to keep it on topic.  

I think the topic is "this strip is better than yesterday's but is still luke-warm."
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on September 30, 2004, 10:29:37 pm
Showing your baby picture isn't exactly a strong assertion of bravado or confidence in your current looks.

Today's strip is good! I stand by it.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on September 30, 2004, 10:33:11 pm
There is a picture of me on the upcoming Vol I, for all the stalkers.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: Bozack on September 30, 2004, 10:37:18 pm
I like the strip.

I find this completely freaking insane. It's like every time in a comic, when Batman fights Superman.

BATMAN CANNOT FIGHT SUPERMAN, BECAUSE HE IS BATMAN AND SUPERMAN IS SUPERMAN. THIS CANNOT BE.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: CortJstr on September 30, 2004, 10:43:08 pm
Seeing jough vs. Onstad reminds me of the Star Trek where there were two Rikers and they totally didn't get along because they were too much like each other.

God I'm a geek. And in danger of having my account deleted by an angry jough. But that's pretty much a constant fear.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: jough on September 30, 2004, 10:44:23 pm
It's the software's fault.  They make it easier to delete accounts than to edit or delete posts.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on September 30, 2004, 10:53:54 pm
Who is afraid of a mop-headed tyke with root access? Stand up, people. Be not afraid. The mop-headed tyke shall not darken another tomorrow.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: V-Adore on September 30, 2004, 10:57:29 pm
This is funny in concept, but... I dunno. It feels very off to me, and it feels very forced and out-of-character. Also, Beef is pretty blatantly stoned or otherwise not quite in his right mind. Meh. I dunno, it would be funny if I didn't know these characters, but...

also it is strange when they are animals (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01142004)

(Mod note: Chris, Jough, play nice or I will be forced to consider going all Pat-style on people's asses. Well, not Jough's ass. But asses nonetheless.)
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on September 30, 2004, 10:59:24 pm
That is EXACTLY what V-Adore posts about every single strip where people haven't previously either gushed or hated. Way to stay on-model, V! I'm not sure...dunno...meh...maybe.

LOVE
/C
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: jough on September 30, 2004, 11:01:40 pm
This is true.  V is an admin here with all of the powers of Jough other than root or access to the backend database.  I'm still unsure what would happen if V were to exact her moderly-powers on me... if I were censored because I was a prick, would I not revenge?

However, since we tend to love V here as we would a plucky kid sister, I don't know what sort of retribution is in store for Mr. Onstad for making fun of her basically to her family.

I mean, what do you say to someone you invite over to dinner who tells the woman of the house that her child is ugly?
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: V-Adore on September 30, 2004, 11:01:43 pm
Look, someone has to be ambivalent. I can clarify if you like, but I find something faintly sad about this all.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on September 30, 2004, 11:02:47 pm
It is your disposition. Where are the happy people?

The aisles of Arby's are too crowded with angels tonight. The aisles of Arby's, are too crowded with angels.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: V-Adore on September 30, 2004, 11:09:38 pm
I'm saaaaad that I'm locking this thread.
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: AugustWest on October 01, 2004, 01:29:20 am
So this is all about retribution, eh?
Title: he gave you babies from his weiner 09-30-2004
Post by: jough on October 01, 2004, 05:21:42 am
This thread sure gets a lot of traffic for being locked.

How many friggin' moderators do we have now?