The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: arkabee on September 30, 2004, 10:38:47 pm

Title: Lost on ABC
Post by: arkabee on September 30, 2004, 10:38:47 pm
granted i only get ABC and UPN, but i find i am totally spellbound by Lost.
Title: Lost on ABC
Post by: CortJstr on September 30, 2004, 10:41:16 pm
I heard glowing reviews after the 1st episode. I TiVo'd last night's but haven't watched it yet. Will I be crazy behind already? Considering who created the series I fear I will be.
Title: Lost on ABC
Post by: jough on September 30, 2004, 10:45:19 pm
Is Lost another convoluted game show, like Survivor or The Apprentice (which I must admit I watch faithfully every week)?
Title: Lost on ABC
Post by: arkabee on September 30, 2004, 10:47:04 pm
cortjstr, no, i don't think you will be too lost, no pun intendended.

jough- no, it is the show about the plane that crashes and the survivors try to survive.

all the previews made me say "meh" but it's actually, rilly rilly compelling.  great acting, great plot, great drecting, etc, etc.
Title: Lost on ABC
Post by: arkabee on September 30, 2004, 10:48:42 pm
here's a synopsis of episode 1:
http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/episodes/2004-05/1.html
Title: Lost on ABC
Post by: CortJstr on September 30, 2004, 10:57:43 pm
Actually it looks like they're rerunning the entire 2-hour pilot this Saturday at 8. I'll just TiVo that.

Jough, Lost was created by the same guy as Alias, if that helps any.
Title: Lost on ABC
Post by: V-Adore on September 30, 2004, 10:59:11 pm
I haven't seen it, but it sounds pretty good. On the other hand, it's got Dom Monaghan, who is inexplicably an Internet sex god (despite looking like a chimp repeatedly hit in the face with a cast-iron frying pan and then stretched out) and whom I can't look at without giggling anymore. My life is a sadness.
Title: Lost on ABC
Post by: jough on September 30, 2004, 11:07:16 pm
Oh, so it is acted by people pretending to be lost.

For a second there I thought they really crashed a plane and then the survivors got to fight over who got to... survive...

Prime time TeeVee disappoints yet again.
Title: Lost on ABC
Post by: arkabee on September 30, 2004, 11:14:21 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Oh, so it is acted by people pretending to be lost.

For a second there I thought they really crashed a plane and then the survivors got to fight over who got to... survive...

Prime time TeeVee disappoints yet again.


dissapoints whom?

not me, as you could tell if you were paying attention rather than trying hard to be dour, since i'm so undissapointed with Lost as to be Appointed.