The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Limmo on October 01, 2004, 05:13:56 am
-
I'm glad to see Paul F. Weisz get the credit he's deserved all along.
-
He looks much friendlier out of costume, really.
Also, anyone out there with the requisite close grease access care to try a Chicken :) and let us know how this particular taste explosion works out?
-
That 30 September strip didn't last long, eh?
Glad to see T-adore writing one of his funniest blog lines (is that the first mention of the blogs in the strip?).
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, CHRIS
We'll have to send you something made of Leather.
-
Never mind all that culinary C-list nonsense - at long last, I know that someone at Achewood Estates supports Modern Catholic Architecture.
I FELT SO fuck*ng ALONE BEFORE
P.S. SIGN MY GUESTBOOK????/ WE SHOULD START AN ONLINE PETITION
-
What counts as "modern Catholic architecture," though? And is the emphasis on "modern" or "Catholic?" While I entirely respect modern Catholic architecture, my general thought is that it's not truly superior to the classical cathedral period -- but hey, compared to the Protestants...
(Note to Protestants: I still love you. You just tend to build kind of boring churches, at least around here. YAMV.)
-
The inspiration for Paul F. Weisz
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0740535/
-
I don't know if I can reconcile Jimmy James and the slumber-snortin', gummy ol' lip-smackin' proprietor of that terrible shop.
I mean, I can see it, but it's just not right.
-
How about Milton of Office Space?
Ah, Stephen Root. Arguably the greatest character actor working between 1997-2002.
-
How about Milton of Office Space?
Ah, Stephen Root. Arguably the greatest character actor working between 1997-2002.
You're absolutely correct, if by "1997-2002" you mean "Ever".
HAPPY THIRD ANNIVERSARY CHRIS!
Thank you for all your wonderful work. We wish you continued success.
Now go get back to work.
-
Happy three, Onstad. I've now been with it for almost half its run.
On the subject of Stephen Root, what I really liked about O Brother Where Art Thou was that Mr. Root was basically playing an old-timey version of Jimmy James. Sort of.
And when the hell do I get my NewsRadio DVDs?
-
How about Milton of Office Space?
Ah, Stephen Root. Arguably the greatest character actor working between 1997-2002.
Hey, Dodgeball was just this year you heathen.
That Chicken :) needs some breadsticks on the side. If you you're going to a KentuckyTacoHut you need to make full use of all their offerings.
-
I think "Super-Secret Ice Cream Man played by Paul McRae" would have been better. But then very few of us would have gotten it.
-
The image of Paul playing the Super Secret Ice Cream Man should not be as hilarious as it is. Damn you, Mayor del Vaca! Daaamn you!!!
(Imagine here that I am shaking my fist to the heavens.)
... anyway, I should have said this before, Chris: congrats on three years of this crazy thing. It is a great thing that you have done.
-
I think "Super-Secret Ice Cream Man played by Paul McRae" would have been better. But then very few of us would have gotten it.
Man, that for sure would have made my week.
I would very very much like to believe that Paul's absence has, in fact, been due to his committments to super-secrecy and ice cream elsewhere.
-
I have been around since this strip. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02052002)
Who can beat that? I know *somebody* here can.
Besides O, that is.
-
I have been around since this strip. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02052002)
Who can beat that? I know *somebody* here can.
Besides O, that is.
Me too. But we already had the Lileks->Achewood conversation.
Of course it took me like another 8 months of reading the strip/board before I actually posted anything. You people were intimidating.
-
This was my introduction to Achewood that stuck:
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02072003
I'd read it about a year earlier based on someone's blog entry but I read the first few strips and wasn't amused, so I passed on it.
After the "Six Kinds of Nasty" strip I started reading backwards a little, got hooked, and started over at the beginning of the archives.
-
Whenever Lileks linked to Achewood from the Bleat was when I got in.
-
Whenever Lileks linked to Achewood from the Bleat was when I got in.
I got hooked when Ken Layne linked to this (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05202003) strip. I heard Howard Huge sold Duke that cocaine.
-
Early 2002, when he had the fanart page linked in the lower-right. I'm almost positive I heard about it from K. Thor Jensen (http://www.shortandhappy.com/). He did fanart and two of the guest strips.
Whatever happened to that fanart, anyway?
-
Whenever Lileks linked to Achewood from the Bleat was when I got in.
I got hooked when Ken Layne linked to this (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05202003) strip. I heard Howard Huge sold Duke that cocaine.
I think Mr. Layne linked several, but I think it was that one that finally convinced me to spend almost four hours of my former employer's time reading the archives from the beginning.
And that is why your Sprint PCS wireless service is so expensive.
-
Whenever Lileks linked to Achewood from the Bleat was when I got in.
I got hooked when Ken Layne linked to this (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05202003) strip. I heard Howard Huge sold Duke that cocaine.
I think Mr. Layne linked several, but I think it was that one that finally convinced me to spend almost four hours of my former employer's time reading the archives from the beginning.
And that is why your Sprint PCS wireless service is so expensive.
Good thing I got Verizon, then.
-
I was referred on Ted Barlow's recommendation. (http://tedbarlow.blogspot.com/2003_05_04_tedbarlow_archive.html#94013067) I actually started reading at the beginning, as he suggested.
-
I moved into a house with a bunch of kids i didn't know that had a cheap room for rent in late 2002, and the first day i was there i noticed achewood vol. 1 on the coffee table. The whole next week i kept getting busted for reading the archives at work. I reccomend it to anyone i know who has half an idea of what the internet is.
THREE YEARS!!! IT IS A LOVE STORY!!!
-
Merry, happy 3rd.
I can't remember when I found Achewood. At one point I was sure it was during Beef and Ray's road trip, but I think it must have been before that...
Anyway, I dig it... verily. And my mom still treasures her books, as do I mine.
A toast for Achewood is a good thing. Thanks.
-
I moved into a house with a bunch of kids i didn't know that had a cheap room for rent in late 2002, and the first day i was there i noticed achewood vol. 1 on the coffee table. The whole next week i kept getting busted for reading the archives at work. I reccomend it to anyone i know who has half an idea of what the internet is.
THREE YEARS!!! IT IS A LOVE STORY!!!
Sailor you get another gold star.
-
Yay to 3 years!
Well, I've been reading since, I think, sometime in '02 cause I remember wearing an achewood special girl shirt when I had a special night that xmas... ahah.
I recall it was linked on Elftor which I completely forgot about after it stopped updating as often, so yay to achewood sticking! heh.
The first strip I saw was the one where philippe gets the Emeril eyebrows (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10282002).
[edited: found the link... so yeah, Oct. 02. quite awhile longer than I thought]
-
My first strip was Teodor acusing Ray that he didn't know what the internet was, followed by Ray dancing and singing his internet song.
Yeah, I came pretty late to the table, but I have since read the archives and loved close to every bit of them. Here's to another spiffy year.
Rock over TCP/IP, rock on XML.
-
Mine was the simple question of rad. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06282002) And rad it was.
-
Mine was "My goodness, what a terrible car crash!" It made me laugh evilly.
-
I think mine was "Ass in your #####." Or thereabouts.