The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on October 03, 2004, 11:31:56 pm

Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: V-Adore on October 03, 2004, 11:31:56 pm
Okay, I've recently returned to a brief hiatus to find most of the debate threads still open, albeit apparently rapidly burning themselves out. In that vein, I'm going to summarize my thoughts by setting a few brief community "ground rules." Breaking them will not result in a ban but may result in my locking threads. Note that these are my rules, not August's (or Jough's or JL's) and thus TMMV.

Anyway, as follows:

1) The Achewood board is for discussion of Achewood and related phenomena, including the blogs, Ray's Place, Serializer strips, merch, and other para-Achewood phenomena. All discussion that is not about Achewood does not belong here -- chuck it somewhere else. I will move threads if necessary.

2) Threads are allowed to wander, but if a thread gets too dominated by off-topic discussion, I will likely split or move it. This applies to anything that I can split or move without destroying the thread totally.

3) Everyone is allowed to like or not like a given strip/blog entry/whatever -- this is an open forum for opinions, and all opinions from "this strip was worse than Hitler" to "my soul was made one with God through the mercy and love of this strip" are totally valid and should be accepted. Disagreements are allowed.

4) GODDAMN IT, PEOPLE, KEEP IT CIVIL. This is not the place for ad hominem attacks on other board members, and I will lock threads that get into flaming. Disagree with others' opinions all you like, but if you start slinging shit about other people, get the hell out. No, you're not required to like everyone on the board -- but keep it civil. (Exceptions will be made for really obvious jokes.)

5) Basic standards of community membership apply to this board. If you never contribute to the community aside from yelling at us, this isn't your community; please leave, or you may be escorted out. Basically -- don't be a dick. This is the only rule that bears the possibility of getting you banned pending consideration.

6) Everyone is equivalent in standing. There's nobody on the board who is an acceptable harrasser or an acceptable target of harrassment. Harass  actions, not people, please.

Okay, now, let's play nice around here. I'd like to welcome all our newbies and recently delurked and hope you can have a good time.

-- V, Your Co-Mod
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: AugustWest on October 04, 2004, 12:29:48 am
What she said.
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: jough on October 04, 2004, 02:05:29 am
I will stand by V and JL's admin decisions.

All sounds fair to me.
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: Pedro Picasso on October 04, 2004, 02:41:10 pm
You guys all suck.  Screw You!
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: wombat on October 04, 2004, 02:43:00 pm
Pedro's momma wears army boots.

(Why is that an insult, anyway?)
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: jough on October 04, 2004, 03:32:28 pm
So is the "stick it to the man" behaviour learned or is it passed on genetically?
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: jay-ell on October 04, 2004, 04:50:01 pm
For the sake of all that is good and holy, I pray every day that it's not genetic.  

Straighten up there, soldier!
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 04, 2004, 06:55:07 pm
How are these different than the policies already in place? I mean, come on, it's mostly common sense. The need for this kind of thing pisses me off.  When people act up, cut them off at the knees the first time and ban them the second. Using your mod powers will do more faster than assembling letters into words and words into numbered sentences.

Laws exist for law-abiding citizens. Police and PYITA Prisons exist for the others.

Put the double-nut beatdown on people incapable of maintaining personal standards minimally equivalent to the standards of the community and you'll find the community generally maintains it's standards. Go soft and it all goes to shit.
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: V-Adore on October 04, 2004, 07:30:50 pm
They're not really different, actually -- they're just policies that I had previously assumed were commonsensical, but the recent kerfuffle highly implies that they somehow weren't. This doesn't so much represent a policy change so much as it represents "look, I deliberately posted this, you can't claim ignorance or 'community standards,' STFU."

So, yeah, CYA.
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: ferocious j on October 04, 2004, 07:56:00 pm
R I S O T T O
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: doomglobe on March 07, 2005, 08:32:45 am
R I S O T T O
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: pmcd9 on March 07, 2005, 09:21:14 am
R I S O T T O
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 07, 2005, 02:32:15 pm
Р И С О Т Т О
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: Max on March 07, 2005, 07:55:12 pm
T R I - S O O T
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: AugustWest on March 07, 2005, 09:10:39 pm
My dog has no nose.
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: V-Adore on March 07, 2005, 09:13:34 pm
That's awful, August! How does he smell?
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: AugustWest on March 07, 2005, 09:24:00 pm
Terrible.
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: V-Adore on March 07, 2005, 09:50:00 pm
ba-DUM
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 08, 2005, 02:23:11 pm
Yeah, well, my dog has no legs.
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: pmcd9 on March 08, 2005, 03:15:55 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Yeah, well, my dog has no legs.


What do you call him?
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 08, 2005, 03:17:42 pm
Well, originally we weren't going to give him a name, because he doesn't come when we call him anyway.

But then I named him Cigarette, because every day I take him out for a drag.
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: slink on March 08, 2005, 03:53:50 pm
I have lost all faith in humanity...
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: pmcd9 on March 08, 2005, 04:10:40 pm
Quote from: "slink"
I have lost all faith in humanity...


I don't know the punchline to that one.

~Paul
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: AugustWest on March 08, 2005, 04:56:28 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "slink"
I have lost all faith in humanity...


I don't know the punchline to that one.

~Paul


It's "W in 2004!"
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: Max on March 08, 2005, 07:24:04 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Yeah, well, my dog has no legs.


My dog also has no legs.  And brass balls, too.

We call him Sparky.
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: CortJstr on March 08, 2005, 07:54:55 pm
Remember when this forum started and puns were a bannable offense?
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: jough on March 08, 2005, 08:12:34 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Remember when this forum started and puns were a bannable offense?


They still are.
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: slink on March 08, 2005, 08:34:45 pm
Quote from: "jough"

They still are.


Nope. I still can't find your cleverly concealed pun there.
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: doomglobe on September 10, 2005, 07:50:15 pm
this forum was once alive. it was once a vehicle for communication. Now it is like a perfect swiss man, sitting on a cubic leather seat, smoking an unforgivingly perfect joint.  there is no joy in that. shame on all of you.
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: jough on September 10, 2005, 08:29:01 pm
Doomglobe,

And yet you still come here... why?
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: V-Adore on September 10, 2005, 08:51:06 pm
Seriously. You know where the door is; don't hurt your ass on the way out.
Title: V's Official Mod Policy Re: Debates and On-topicness
Post by: pmcd9 on September 10, 2005, 10:02:42 pm
Quote from: "jough"
And yet you still come here... why?

Quote from: "vadore"
Seriously. You know where the door is; don't hurt your ass on the way out.

You obviously don't recognize a parting shot when you see it.

So sorry to see you go Doomie.

~Paul