The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jen on October 08, 2004, 04:53:21 pm

Title: what we need ... science
Post by: jen on October 08, 2004, 04:53:21 pm
Odd request. I started reading the strip about a week ago, and I was looking through the shirts for sale and fell in love with "What we need more of . . .is science." I bought it but I cannot find what story arc it's from, and frankly, its weird getting a shirt that I don't "get" fully.  I love the shirt on its own merits...mostly I'm just curious. Could any of you waste five minutes of your day and perhaps point me to the right story arc/date?
Title: what we need ... science
Post by: Limmo on October 08, 2004, 05:10:41 pm
Read this thread (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=256&highlight=science+shirt).
Title: what we need ... science
Post by: jen on October 08, 2004, 05:30:52 pm
Oh, just a snazzy catchphrase. That's cool.  Thanks.
Title: what we need ... science
Post by: Pedro Picasso on October 08, 2004, 06:40:32 pm
It is as you say.

One of the charms of the strip is the distinctive voices the characters have.  Their phrase constructions are as unique to them as Invader Zim's semi-random syllabic emphasis is to umm.. Zim.  The slogan has the same sound to it that Beef's in-strip shirts have.  "It is impossible to have a good day." etc.  There was also a Songfight contest with Achwood's science slogan.
Title: what we need ... science
Post by: arkabee on October 08, 2004, 08:49:20 pm
indeed.  i think onstadt's ability to have so many distinct voices, and especially now with the blogs, is impressive and distinctive itself.  so many webcomics' characters all sound very alike.