The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: dubnobass on October 10, 2004, 11:49:14 am

Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: dubnobass on October 10, 2004, 11:49:14 am
Has Arthur ever appeared in more than these (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052003) two (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09282004) strips?

Hello, by the way.
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: Choop on October 10, 2004, 03:43:28 pm
Welccome, and great avatar.

There's that (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11102003) strip, and maybe a couple more, but I'm not the resident archivist.
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: V-Adore on October 10, 2004, 04:15:37 pm
I don't recall Arthur showing up in any strips besides his brief appearances in the Secret Ice Cream Shop arc and his recent support-group appearance, no.

Also, welcome to the board! Always good to have new faces (er, new avatars) and new voices (er, new typing styles) about.
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: Silverberg on October 10, 2004, 07:54:55 pm
Arthur's only in three strips, which is probably a good thing. The "apple for a brain" one is great, but mostly because of Pat.
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: St_Zartan on October 11, 2004, 08:06:35 pm
dubnobass, your avatar makes me long for the time when I'd blow through weeks upon weeks happily playing Monster Rancher 2 (http://digilander.libero.it/Evildragoon/tiger.jpg).

Also, no - those star sunglasses, one would remember shit like that.
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: Chris Onstad on October 11, 2004, 10:23:18 pm
I drew Arthur a long time ago, and the stuffed elephant that Ray is holding in this strip:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03062002
was his toy. He was originally conceived of as retarded, and thought the elephant was his baby. I do not know why he evolved into the happiest member of Pat's anger management therapy group.
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: CortJstr on October 12, 2004, 03:11:34 am
Good job people. I'm glad that you can handling your own archive questions while I'm away.

I've still got a shitload of boxes to unpack, btw, but have to go to work tomorrow because the FDA is coming to inspect us Wednesday. Joy!
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: dubnobass on October 12, 2004, 08:15:44 am
Is Arthur.. not popular then?
I like him. He adds a touch of Elton John. Not that I'm a fan or anything, but the world needs more star sunglasses.

The avatar is a cat made to look like Doraemon (http://www.nephco.com/doraemon). The world needs more blue cats, too.
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 12, 2004, 01:26:19 pm
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
I drew Arthur a long time ago, and the stuffed elephant that Ray is holding in this strip:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03062002
was his toy. He was originally conceived of as retarded, and thought the elephant was his baby. I do not know why he evolved into the happiest member of Pat's anger management therapy group.


I believe there should be more mentally deficient characters in our collective consciousness. Besides Wesley Willis and the kid from Life Goes On, who is there?

Anyone who makes ad hominem attacks about anyone on this board or any sitting presidents is obviously not thinking outside of the box
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: Silverberg on October 12, 2004, 02:27:52 pm
I was literally held down by friends and forced to watch professional wrestling last night, during the course of which I learned that there is in fact a mentally retarded wrestler character among the ranks of the WWF. His name is Eugene.

Gods, I feel dirty.
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: V-Adore on October 12, 2004, 03:32:02 pm
Quote from: "dubnobass"
Is Arthur.. not popular then?
I like him. He adds a touch of Elton John. Not that I'm a fan or anything, but the world needs more star sunglasses.

The avatar is a cat made to look like Doraemon (http://www.nephco.com/doraemon). The world needs more blue cats, too.

I like Arthur, but only in small doses. He's like several of the recurring minor characters in that he seriously doesn't need a bigger role than he's getting, and I'd probably find him grating if he showed up constantly, but as a very occasional element of the universe he's fine. (Emeril and Spongebath are other good examples.)

Mind, this is in contrast to the recurring minor characters around whom I could tolerate an entire three-month story arc. Oh, where art thou, Lie Bot?
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: Silverberg on October 12, 2004, 03:40:29 pm
Lie Bot? Nah, we need some more Vlad. Also Andy, to a lesser extent.
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: V-Adore on October 12, 2004, 03:50:44 pm
I would not object to any rowbought-related content, really. It's all good.
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: jough on October 12, 2004, 04:28:25 pm
Quote from: "Silverberg"
I was literally held down by friends and forced to watch professional wrestling last night, during the course of which I learned that there is in fact a mentally retarded wrestler character among the ranks of the WWF. His name is Eugene.


It's funny you should mention that, because I saw something on one of those Hollywood Tabloid News shows about how the American Society for Retards (or whatever it's called) wanted to give this guy an award for being a positive role model for the retarded but he had to turn them down because HE IS JUST AN ACTOR and of course is not actually retarded.

I wonder how positive a role model they'll find him NOW, bitch?
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: CortJstr on October 12, 2004, 04:49:24 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "Silverberg"
I was literally held down by friends and forced to watch professional wrestling last night, during the course of which I learned that there is in fact a mentally retarded wrestler character among the ranks of the WWF. His name is Eugene.

It's funny you should mention that, because I saw something on one of those Hollywood Tabloid News shows about how the American Society for Retards (or whatever it's called) wanted to give this guy an award for being a positive role model for the retarded but he had to turn them down because HE IS JUST AN ACTOR and of course is not actually retarded.

I wonder how positive a role model they'll find him NOW, bitch?

This way they can just change his hairstyle and have him come back as Eugene's brother Nick, out for revenge on all those mean wrestlers who mocked him.

Apparently they also sell a t-shirt with his name written backwards and the tag on the outside.
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: Choop on October 12, 2004, 10:16:41 pm
Quote from: "Silverberg"
I was literally held down by friends and forced to watch professional wrestling last night, during the course of which I learned that there is in fact a mentally retarded wrestler character among the ranks of the WWF. His name is Eugene.

Gods, I feel dirty.


This is so wrong.

It's WWE.
Title: Appearances of Arthur
Post by: Silverberg on October 12, 2004, 10:31:23 pm
Does that mean that I've retained some vestiges of decentness?