The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Limmo on October 11, 2004, 05:46:14 am

Title: Christopher Reeve R.I.P.
Post by: Limmo on October 11, 2004, 05:46:14 am
CNN is reporting that Christopher Reeve went into a coma yesterday and just passed away at the age of 52.
Title: Christopher Reeve R.I.P.
Post by: Bozack on October 11, 2004, 05:59:31 am
Wow. I mean, I never was one of the people who saw him as an "inspiration to millions," but I donated to his foundation, and he seemed really cool.

So we've lost Derrida, Superman and Rodney Dangerfield? Richard, what's HAPPENING to me?
Title: Christopher Reeve R.I.P.
Post by: andalucia on October 11, 2004, 03:05:13 pm
Derrida's the only one that's actually made me sad, but damn, this whole atmosphere of moribundity is a little disconcerting.
Title: Christopher Reeve R.I.P.
Post by: Rodney Dangerfield on October 12, 2004, 10:43:11 pm
The nerve of this guy!  So you're telling me he had to kick off right after me and steal my thunder!?!

I get no respect, I tell ya, no respect!
Title: Christopher Reeve R.I.P.
Post by: jough on October 13, 2004, 02:03:48 am
Wow, assholes abound!

See ya!
Title: Christopher Reeve R.I.P.
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 17, 2004, 04:12:27 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Cracking his spine was the best career move dude ever made.  Sure one-upped Margot Kidder's turn at going toothless and crazy.

Later, Kal-El.


A little harsh but true. The role of Superman in the movies has been cursed since time began.
Title: Christopher Reeve R.I.P.
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 17, 2004, 04:30:50 am
I was thinking about Dean Cain. He was only on TV, I think, so he should be OK.
Title: Christopher Reeve R.I.P.
Post by: Choop on October 17, 2004, 05:24:46 am
Does Tom Welling get an automatic buy-out due to the fact that he's just Clark Kent and never Superman?