The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on October 11, 2004, 07:23:10 am

Title: Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
Post by: jough on October 11, 2004, 07:23:10 am
I don't know how long this has been changed from the originally posted cover but anyway here's a link to the amazon.com cover image, which looks nifty:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0975380869.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Also, this is what the little image would look like if they were selling it at 99% off:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0975380869.01-ATVPDKIKX0DER._PE99_PI_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
Title: Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
Post by: andalucia on October 11, 2004, 03:06:16 pm
I don't think I'd read the book if I saw it in a store without prior acquaintance with Achewood.
Title: Re: Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
Post by: arkabee on October 11, 2004, 03:20:14 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Also, this is what the little image would look like if they were selling it at 99% off:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0975380869.01-ATVPDKIKX0DER._PE99_PI_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg


????

amazon "auto" sets up for 99% off for merchandise?  i'm confused.
Title: Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
Post by: V-Adore on October 11, 2004, 03:42:05 pm
As an Achewood fan, I think this is a fairly nifty cover. If I were a non-fan, I think I might find it a little too "busy" without actually giving me much real information about the strip; it would catch my eye, though, which is probably half the battle.

(The strips chosen seem fairly arbitrary, though. What's up with the "born with armpit hair" bit?)
Title: Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
Post by: Limmo on October 11, 2004, 07:31:19 pm
I don't know, I just think Onstad's got a Guns 'N Roses  (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000000OQY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg)fixation no one's noticed yet.
Title: Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
Post by: jough on October 11, 2004, 07:52:16 pm
Yeah, I was going to mention that but I didn't want to be accused of calling him a plagiarist or something.
Title: Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
Post by: Limmo on October 11, 2004, 08:02:21 pm
I thought it would be funny to Photoshop various Achewood character faces into the cover of Appetite for Destruction.  Then, after about two minutes of looking through the archives, I realized how hard it would be to find strips where any character's face is viewed entirely from the front.
Oh well.
Title: Achewood Book - Cover from Amazon.com
Post by: sailor on October 12, 2004, 03:41:48 am
Quote from: "Limmo"
I thought it would be funny to Photoshop various Achewood character faces into the cover of Appetite for Destruction.  Then, after about two minutes of looking through the archives, I realized how hard it would be to find strips where any character's face is viewed entirely from the front.
Oh well.


This is the shit that makes us all just not want to go on...