The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Gimpson on October 12, 2004, 12:11:25 pm

Title: Maaaaaaaking love in a limo on an airplane - 12 Oct 2004
Post by: Gimpson on October 12, 2004, 12:11:25 pm
#####less Emeril makes me slightly uncomfortable.  

Also, paging Dr. Choop.  Choop, can you please report to this thread with a new avatar?

Is Beef heading home to see Molly, or do we get to see Beef getting down tomorrow?
Title: Re: Maaaaaaaking love in a limo on an airplane - 12 Oct 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 12, 2004, 01:22:55 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
#####less Emeril makes me slightly uncomfortable.  

Also, paging Dr. Choop.  Choop, can you please report to this thread with a new avatar?

Is Beef heading home to see Molly, or do we get to see Beef getting down tomorrow?


Maybe he is retrieving his woman to dance together.
Title: Maaaaaaaking love in a limo on an airplane - 12 Oct 2004
Post by: Silverberg on October 12, 2004, 02:41:58 pm
When I first read this strip, for some reason I didn't notice the fact that Beef has left in the last panel. Now that I have, I think it is awesome.

Emeril dancing is sort of weird, though.
Title: Maaaaaaaking love in a limo on an airplane - 12 Oct 2004
Post by: Acanthopagrus on October 12, 2004, 02:49:10 pm
At first, due to his comments in the first frame, I thought Beef would be heading for the dance floor. But after closer inspection and seeing his face in the sixth frame when they tenmen are singing about making love "in a limo on an airplane" etc. I think he got the horn and has left to seduce Molly.


One things for sure, he certainly didn't leave without finishing his drink.
Title: Maaaaaaaking love in a limo on an airplane - 12 Oct 2004
Post by: Steve Hogan on October 12, 2004, 02:49:32 pm
Should I be looking for The Tenmen's new album on Estrus Records?
Title: Maaaaaaaking love in a limo on an airplane - 12 Oct 2004
Post by: V-Adore on October 12, 2004, 03:28:32 pm
I want to see a dancing Emeril animation, yes. Also, Spongebath bringing his lawn chair out to sit on the dance floor is so righteous that there are barely words.

The lyrics put me in mind of TMBG's "Destination Moon," except about pr0n. I suppose I can't seriously object to that.
Title: Maaaaaaaking love in a limo on an airplane - 12 Oct 2004
Post by: V-Adore on October 12, 2004, 04:16:45 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I'm really digging the art that has come from Beef's little sojourn to The Smoke.  All evocative of a mood and shit.

Yes, the art is lovely. I've said in the past that I'm particularly fond of these sorts of shaded pieces -- Onstad composes darkness especially well and in a way that doesn't usually come out in the day-to-day strips. The last two strips have been absolutely top-notch artistically, which I appreciate a lot.
Title: Maaaaaaaking love in a limo on an airplane - 12 Oct 2004
Post by: walking contradiction on October 12, 2004, 10:34:40 pm
The man has taste.  I love the art-based strips, and even moreso I love Rickenbackers.  Keep up the good work, Chris.


first post...weeeeeeeeeeeeee[/b]
Title: Maaaaaaaking love in a limo on an airplane - 12 Oct 2004
Post by: sailor on October 13, 2004, 03:33:05 am
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Should I be looking for The Tenmen's new album on Estrus Records?


zing!
Title: Maaaaaaaking love in a limo on an airplane - 12 Oct 2004
Post by: ndpatel on October 13, 2004, 08:59:36 am
Quote from: "Silverberg"
When I first read this strip, for some reason I didn't notice the fact that Beef has left in the last panel. Now that I have, I think it is awesome.


also he's downed his beer. double trouble.