The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: foolio on October 13, 2004, 07:25:26 am

Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: foolio on October 13, 2004, 07:25:26 am
First p0st!!

I hope Molly and Beef don't break up. I think this is Beef's one chance; if he loses her he'll never get any for the rest of his life.

That shit be asinine yo
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: jough on October 13, 2004, 07:29:22 am
Nice use of the little mexican tilde (or whatever that hat above the n is called).  Ñice thread title, chief.

Also, Beef's continual use of "such as" just never fails to crack me up.  Very nice.

I do hope Beef and Molly do not split up, even though she can be pretty harsh and not understanding of the pain that is R. Beef's life.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: ndpatel on October 13, 2004, 09:05:41 am
janet, the girlfriend who could only ever complain. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03262002)

anyway, has molly ever been this angry before? she seems more like the crying in the freezer passive aggressive type.

edit: after almost one year, i have posted enough to be upgraded to "dr. kisses." fuck*ng SWEET.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: jough on October 13, 2004, 10:11:25 am
Quote from: "ndpatel"

edit: after almost one year, i have posted enough to be upgraded to "dr. kisses." fuck*ng SWEET.


It's just a matter of time before someone, whom you thought loved you, shoots you.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: filas on October 13, 2004, 11:03:11 am
i'm pretty sure you can't get moussaka at the movie theaters that i go to.  dang, beef just pay for the soda and molly quit henpecking!  c'mon beef, we know you've got balls -- you hacked into yahoo!
no, but really, i think the only way for this relationship to continue is if we all go back and read the strips where molly and beef first meet and remember what drew them together.
it's the spare change program!!!  that is the solution to their relationship problems.  spare change.  and rooster ding-dongs.
or maybe if we all clap our hands together real loud then tinkerbell will wake up and help them.
anyway i'm not posting the link to the strips.  do it yourself, lazies, just jump to the arc.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: Steve Hogan on October 13, 2004, 12:43:43 pm
Chris Onstad is well aware that when couples settle down into relationships the show jumps the shark.

Keep heaping misery on 'em!  Comedy gold!
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: CortJstr on October 13, 2004, 01:10:13 pm
Why not just get the regular size that barely fits into a cupholder like everybody else? Come on, Beef. Everybody knows that fountain drinks are the crappiest incarnation of beverages but who's going to shop around for drinks from a drive through?

And dammit man, specify crunchy! They've started charging extra for soft shells. Don't get ripped off further.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: arkabee on October 13, 2004, 01:11:11 pm
a dollar forty-nine for a small diet pepsi IS assisinine!!  especially when Beef is trying to save money to be able to afford a place for him and Molly AND keep payments on grandma k's trailer which is a Familial Commitment he had Before Molly.

Geeze, Molly _sure_ wants to move so badly, as she keeps nagging Beef about, so badly that she gets mad at him for not wanting to spend 50 cents more for 118 ounces less.

however, i do not approve of sneaking in hot dishes to movie theatres.  keep the casseroles a home people.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: Gimpson on October 13, 2004, 01:18:56 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Why not just get the regular size that barely fits into a cupholder like everybody else?


I'm going to be very pissed the first time I spill an entire Tub O' Soda because I've forgotten to specify that I want my drink in a medium cup instead of the Monster Size that won't fit anywhere in my car.  

Do Beef and Molly just fight all the time, or do we only see them when they're fighting?
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 13, 2004, 01:18:57 pm
Beef will buy a new pair of underwear for every day of the year, but he won't buy his girl a diet Pepsi.  Sheesh.  Priorities, man.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: V-Adore on October 13, 2004, 02:05:14 pm
There are many things that are heartbreaking about this strip, but perhaps the biggest of them is that we have no resolution on the Tenmen incident. What happened there?
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: St_Zartan on October 13, 2004, 02:26:36 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
...we have no resolution on the Tenmen incident. What happened there?


The jam session was awesome. A lot of people met the band.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 13, 2004, 02:49:02 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
...we have no resolution on the Tenmen incident. What happened there?


The jam session was awesome. A lot of people met the band.


It really whipped a snow leopard's ass.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: cashlock on October 13, 2004, 03:04:12 pm
Why shouldn't they break up?  I think it would be pretty awful dating someone like Beef.  

I know they like each other, but if they are unhappy, maybe it's time to move on. If Molly can't live with Beef's eccentricities, and Beef can't learn to communicate, where is this thing going?  The break up could be good for Beef.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: Silverberg on October 13, 2004, 03:29:01 pm
Maybe Beef does need to drop Molly. I liked her at first, but she's just been a raging bitch recently.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: Va on October 13, 2004, 04:26:07 pm
They seemed to get along better in heaven (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03132003).  Maybe they should just kill themselves.  Or hang out with Ray more and wait for him to shoot them.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: sailor on October 13, 2004, 04:29:38 pm
I'm all for noy paying for soda at a place such a a restaurant but if you are hitt'in taco bell, i mean dude. well i might not do that either. I know i would never take a lady to a taco bell.

and there is hella scrambles up in here. we are getting so popular.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: V-Adore on October 13, 2004, 04:39:41 pm
Quote from: "Va"
They seemed to get along better in heaven (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03132003).  Maybe they should just kill themselves.  Or hang out with Ray more and wait for him to shoot them.

This presumes that Heaven still exists, which is not necessarily a safe assumption. That said, though, they did seem to be happier there; maybe it was the lack of material concerns? (I can buy this easier than simply "they didn't know each other well enough to hate each other," since most of their squabbles appear to be over money.)
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: jough on October 13, 2004, 05:27:48 pm
It sounds like T-Bell was Molly's idea, since she's the one annoyed when they are refused service (and probably not for the first time).
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: ferocious j on October 13, 2004, 06:27:11 pm
The dismayed look on Ray's face in the last panel does not bode well.  I'm just sayin'.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: CortJstr on October 13, 2004, 06:35:47 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Do Beef and Molly just fight all the time, or do we only see them when they're fighting?

Hey, drama is entertaining. Do you really want to see a strip of them hanging out watching Arrested Development or something?

Quote from: "va"
They seemed to get along better in heaven. Maybe they should just kill themselves. Or hang out with Ray more and wait for him to shoot them.

The Ray plan should work. But if they killed themselves they'd just end up in hell. But then I wonder how that would affect their relationship.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: Choop on October 13, 2004, 06:43:35 pm
It's not up to Ray.


It's up to the roller skates.

How soon you all forget.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: Franz. on October 13, 2004, 08:19:53 pm
Quote from: "Silverberg"
Maybe Beef does need to drop Molly. I liked her at first, but she's just been a raging bitch recently.


Yeah, I think so too. I found her rather boring at first, but I tried to keep an open mind, and waited to figure her out. Well, now I think I have, and she is a bitch.

Quote from: "foolio"
I think this is Beef's one chance; if he loses her he'll never get any for the rest of his life.


I don't know about that. I think Beef always thought he wouldn't get any before because he never had. Maybe without her he would have a new found confidence with which to get fresh with the fine ladies.

But that is rather unBeeflike.

[ Franz. ]
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: cashlock on October 13, 2004, 08:45:17 pm
How is Molly is bitch?  Isn't she pretty tolerant considering Beef's personality...

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09302004

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09012004

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02182004
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: andalucia on October 13, 2004, 09:24:17 pm
CJ, someone's edging himself into your niche.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: filas on October 13, 2004, 10:13:56 pm
Quote from: "cashlock"
How is Molly is bitch?  Isn't she pretty tolerant considering Beef's personality...


cashlock, i have examined your evidence and i agree and disagree.  i mean, i don't think molly's a bitch, really, she is just such as a criticizer.  plus, i think beef is pretty tolerant, too, he just always has something sarcastic to say.  isn't that better than "yes, dear..."?  i mean, who wants that?  

"sounds like it would just keep me from wearing that shirt" -- that was hilarious and i wish molly would appreciate that stuff more.  even though it seems like beef isn't listening i'm sure he is (although this was a late night fight so everybody's grumpy).

look, we all know beef is not going to "drop" molly or make any rash moves like that.  i think he'd rather just such as avoid the conflict.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: Franz. on October 13, 2004, 10:28:57 pm
Exactly. Beef is hilarious and deserves someone who loves him for it, and too often, Molly just doesn't get the joke. But then again, Onstad is good enough at this that he's not going to make a perfect little world for his characters.

[ Franz. ]
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: cashlock on October 14, 2004, 03:34:26 am
Quote from: "Franz."
Onstad is good enough at this that he's not going to make a perfect little world for his characters.


Agreed.  Both have their problems.  I just didn't think it was all Molly.

Also, if Beef was any different he wouldn't be as awesome of a character.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on October 14, 2004, 03:43:39 pm
The thing about Molly, is that unlike the other characters, there's nothing inherently funny about her. She's basically there to be Beef's girlfriend.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: Bozack on October 14, 2004, 05:34:18 pm
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
The thing about Molly, is that unlike the other characters, there's nothing inherently funny about her. She's basically there to be Beef's girlfriend.


I dunno, she has a rapport with Beef that I think works really well. As Beef usually plays straight man to Ray, Molly gets to play straight to Beef's insanity.

But maybe I just have a crush on a cartoon cat. IT HAPPENS, ON THE INTERNET.
Title: I would like one side order of jalapeņos 10/13/04
Post by: CortJstr on October 15, 2004, 12:29:55 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
As Beef usually plays straight man to Ray, Molly gets to play straight to Beef's insanity.

But maybe I just have a crush on a cartoon cat. IT HAPPENS, ON THE INTERNET.

That is true. For a while I felt that Teodor was the everyman or voice of normalcy but Molly seems to fill that role even better. That similarity would also explain why people keep thinking she'll leave Beef for him.