The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on October 14, 2004, 07:10:04 am

Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: jough on October 14, 2004, 07:10:04 am
Maybe Onstad will add the funny later.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on October 14, 2004, 07:17:35 am
Bless you Joe
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Acanthopagrus on October 14, 2004, 11:25:50 am
I like the way they have a conversation about dinner
while being obviously transfixed by the horrible porn that they are watching.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: filas on October 14, 2004, 11:35:54 am
i read white ninja comics.  a lot of them are funny for what you might call "face value."  i think this is one of those comics.  i mean, i liked it when i read it.  there's lyle watching brit porn for homework, it's just going on, and then teo and lyle carry on normal life as though there isn't foreign porn on the terebi.  i don't know that it is gonzo porn, but it's polite and some guy keeps yelling "oi!"  that's funny, dudes, sometimes these are my favs.  
plus, i got to send this link to my friend who has been in london for a few years and she was laughing (laughing via email, such a bittersweet way to enjoy her humor...i mean humour).  i'm sure that wasn't the intention behind the comic - so that some jerk could send some broad overseas the strip and they could guffaw - but eff it.  

another great comic was "louis, phone caw."  man that one stuck with me forever.  the far side was one of the greatest strips.  there's this run in the bay this weekend that called such as "run to the far side" and people dress up in such as far side characters and i don't completely understand...but on the banner underneath the name of the race was the legal print "the far side is a registered trademark of..."
Title: Re: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 14, 2004, 11:44:50 am
Quote from: "jough"
Maybe Onstad will add the funny later when he's done beating his wife.


*sigh*

Jough, there you go again ...  :roll:
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 14, 2004, 12:18:35 pm
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Bless you Joe


I for one gladly welcome our new Magical Sex Bloke Vol. 8 t-shirt masters
Title: Re: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: slink on October 14, 2004, 12:49:37 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

*sigh*

Jough, there you go again ...  :roll:


Yea, I have changed my mind about this... I was listening to Bill Hicks last night, the Chicago gig where some 'drunk cunt' starts heckling him, and he loses it... And I understand why.
I mean, if someone is performing on stage in front of you, you don't yell out 'you suck'. And posting to say 'well that was so not funny' is really not much better...

*sigh*


I liked it too anyway.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bozack on October 14, 2004, 03:40:14 pm
I found it hilarious. And topical, for me at least: there's a t-shirt at this place in St. Marks that has "OI! OI!" on it in big red letters, and then a white line drawing of a pair of running boots. Now, when I saw this, I decided I must have it, simply because a white American pseudo-Catholic art-student wearing a t-shirt that is at least a pro-English-Working-Class statement and at most some sort of hideous skinhead concoction, while living with a gay man and a Jew, would be something I could laugh about, alone, in the dark. However, fear of being seen as a massive Nazi was bothering me, until I started asking people what they thought, and soon learned that even my most socially conscious schoolmates have no idea what "oi" means, or why it, along with a pair of boots that might be stomping, might be bad.
What do you guys think? Nazi or Notse?
Title: Re: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: jough on October 14, 2004, 04:09:47 pm
Quote from: "slink"

I mean, if someone is performing on stage in front of you, you don't yell out 'you suck'. And posting to say 'well that was so not funny' is really not much better...


Well, it's not like I'm going over to Onstad's office and heckling him while he's working.  If you haven't noticed, this is a message board for the purposes of DISCUSSING and posting thoughts on the Achewood comic (as well as other sundry topics).

We've been over this before.  Onstad's posting here doesn't really change the purpose of the board, which is to discuss Achewood.  I'm not going to only post how great everything is when it really isn't so great, and no one here should let Onstad's presence bully them into praising an unsuccessful strip.

I don't complain or suggest that people are retarded when they post that they liked a really weak concept.  I just figure chacun à son goût and move on.

There have been better strips that used this exact premise (people talking casually about something mundane while watching something ridiculous on the tele - I'm sure CJ can provide links) and some of them were funny.  I didn't think this one was funny or interesting enough to be up to par with the rest of the Achewood canon.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Formica on October 14, 2004, 04:40:10 pm
It reminded me of the perfectly honest conversation about pornography (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06122003), to a degree. But mostly I'm just happy to see Lyle's gonzo exploits actually make it off the blogs and into the strip. Hell, it's just nice to see Lyle again. He is awesome.

Not the funniest, but not bad, either. As opposed to, say, Beef and his stupid fuck*ng asinine "such as" habit, whose use I believe could be used as a court defense for temporary insanity. "Your honor, as you can see from the alt text..."

This, naturally, will just cause 'stad to have an entire week of Beef using it at every oppurtunity, in every panel, until Achewood fandom is reduced to a slavering, violent mass firmly divided on the subject of Beef's pathetic (or quirky and charming, if you believe the filthy, craven lies of the unwashed) verbal idiosyncracy.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: V-Adore on October 14, 2004, 05:16:34 pm
This is just funny enough in concept that I'm willing to forgive it basically doing nothing with that concept. Also, "Magical Sex Blokes" is basically a hilarious title insofar as it conjures (npi) the image of Harry Potter gonzo porn.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Steve Hogan on October 14, 2004, 06:18:39 pm
DON'T A BLOKEAPHOBE
Title: Re: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: slink on October 14, 2004, 06:44:03 pm
Quote from: "jough"

Well, it's not like I'm going over to Onstad's office and heckling him while he's working.  If you haven't noticed, this is a message board for the purposes of DISCUSSING and posting thoughts on the Achewood comic (as well as other sundry topics).


I know, I know. I was just saying I've changed my mind after realising that Bill had every right to blow up when some woman yells that he sucks during a show is all. And I know that we need to be able to discuss the weaker ones. It's stupid if you just can't mention the bits you don't like...

I guess it just comes down to tact. Oh dear...
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: filas on October 14, 2004, 07:32:06 pm
Quote from: "Formica"

Not the funniest, but not bad, either. As opposed to, say, Beef and his stupid fuck*ng asinine "such as" habit, whose use I believe could be used as a court defense for temporary insanity. "Your honor, as you can see from the alt text..."

This, naturally, will just cause 'stad to have an entire week of Beef using it at every oppurtunity, in every panel, until Achewood fandom is reduced to a slavering, violent mass firmly divided on the subject of Beef's pathetic (or quirky and charming, if you believe the filthy, craven lies of the unwashed) verbal idiosyncracy.


woah.  personally i love it.  but what i really love is that it seems to be simply substituting "such as" in place of where normally "like" would be used improperly.  what a great way to clean up your language!  cleaning up dosn't sound like it would come from the unwashed.  ya big bologna.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: andalucia on October 14, 2004, 07:41:12 pm
Yeah, I've got no problem with the "such as", I don't especially notice it one way or another.  Worrisomely, this may be because it's close enough to a construction that could enter my vernacular, which does admittedly tend towards awkwardness in that manner.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Silverberg on October 14, 2004, 07:50:41 pm
What in the world is wrong with Beef saying "such as"? Some of you people are cah-razy.

EDIT: Oh, and the strip. It was pretty amusing, but nothing wonderful.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: slink on October 14, 2004, 09:25:03 pm
I noticed myself using 'such as' the other day. I can't work out if I use it often or not. I think so...
But then I use 'fortnight' and 'adieu' almost daily.

Ok, adieu not so much.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: starlight on October 14, 2004, 09:28:35 pm
I sent this strip to my mom (as I usually do) and she asked how many volumes there reallly need to be... I hadn't noticed and now I'm currently thinking of what could've been on all the previous volumes...

Still not entirely funny, but I accept it as a strip that was not a waste to read.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: filas on October 14, 2004, 11:20:12 pm
i think the people who don't find this funny are the people who sometimes aren't laughing at times when i'm lmao during a coen bros movie.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Franz. on October 14, 2004, 11:25:55 pm
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Bless you Joe


This post makes me happy in my feeling-place.

[ Franz. ]
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: jough on October 14, 2004, 11:34:38 pm
Quote from: "filas"
i think the people who don't find this funny are the people who sometimes aren't laughing at times when i'm lmao during a coen bros movie.


Well, I find most Coen Bros. movies to be very funny (the comedies, anyway) and I usually find Achewood funny.  Today's strip was not one of those usual times.

This strip relies on what I call the "McSweeney's Formula of Comedy" - which is to take a premise that may garner a chuckle (i.e. nicknames for Jesus, Attila the Hun's Favourite Novels, etc.) and then write the most predictable and mundane content around that premise.

That is today's strip in a nutshell.  I mean, I don't expect Achewood to be brilliant every day, but it's pretty telling when the strip is really lame and people make a belaboured post about how funny they found it, or how those who didn't find it funny didn't "get it" (what's there to get?  They are watching ridiculous british porn and talking about dinner.  Ha... ha?).
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: jough on October 14, 2004, 11:35:47 pm
Quote from: "Franz."
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Bless you Joe


This post makes me happy in my feeling-place.


Yes, it ties right in with today's non-punchline.

But who is Joe?
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Acanthopagrus on October 15, 2004, 12:15:26 am
I find it funny because it reminds me of the conversations I have had while watching porn. Everyone in the room glued to the tele, but then someone strikes up a mundane conversation which has nothing to do with what is going through everyone’s mind, and yet everyone seems to want to continue the conversation as if they are faking non-interest in the film.

But maybe it is just me and my warped friends/mind/sense of humor.

The strip is definitely not a classic, but I found it funny on a disturbing level. This is the level that I like finding things funny on.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: CortJstr on October 15, 2004, 12:36:56 am
I'm just terribly happy that they weren't put off of their food choice due to the porn as I thought that was the obvious joke. Anything involving "no sour cream" would've made me cry a little bit inside.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Formica on October 15, 2004, 12:38:13 am
Quote from: "filas"
woah.  personally i love it.  but what i really love is that it seems to be simply substituting "such as" in place of where normally "like" would be used improperly.  what a great way to clean up your language!  cleaning up dosn't sound like it would come from the unwashed.  ya big bologna.

I, for one, welcome our new lunchmeat overlords.

I do find it annoying, really, but by getting so overzealous in my anger regarding it, I bring my own humor for myself; a meta-joke of sorts.

Now take a shower, you filthy heathen.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bozack on October 15, 2004, 01:05:14 am
Quote from: "starlight"
I sent this strip to my mom (as I usually do) and she asked how many volumes there reallly need to be... I hadn't noticed and now I'm currently thinking of what could've been on all the previous volumes...


That's just the way of porn. Face it, we all knew where the boys weren't after the first volume.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: AugustWest on October 15, 2004, 02:42:17 am
I liked this strip.  The British pron is funny and the juxtaposition with the dinner conversation just improves it.  Also, it has Lyle.  Lyle is always funny.  You could have a strip of nothing but Lyle standing there drinking and it would be funny.  Well, maybe he'd need to flip you off or something.

To summarize:

1.  Strip funny
2.  British pron funny
3.  Lyle funny
4.  Lyle making obscene gesture extra funny
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Mr Trout on October 15, 2004, 02:58:33 am
I like the strip simply for the "Bless you" at the end. I would imagine the lady has just performed something especially pleasing, and this is said in an almost hushed tone.

Cracks me up evrytime I think of it now.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: ferocious j on October 15, 2004, 06:50:13 pm
This isn't the first conversation-over-porn strip we've seen, and I like the way they read.

I would also like to point out, merely for the record, that this time I was not the first one to point out jough behaving like an utterly blinkered asshole again.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: sailor on October 15, 2004, 08:47:42 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "Franz."
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Bless you Joe


This post makes me happy in my feeling-place.


Yes, it ties right in with today's non-punchline.

But who is Joe?


that would be you, dogg. that would be you.


"snazzle is a ephemeral vision of awe and wonder that envelopes the
visual
and auditory senses.  it is a constant swirl of color and sound that
responds to your touch, but has no density or texture for you to feel.
it
is, in a sense, chaos that revolves around us.  how we feel about it
depends on our desire to command and control it, or our choice to leave
it
to its own beauty."

wtf? i went to hit ctrl-c and hit v instead and the above phrase appeared.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: andalucia on October 15, 2004, 09:30:11 pm
Quote from: "sailor"

wtf? i went to hit ctrl-c and hit v instead and the above phrase appeared.


That is so, so rad.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Pedro Picasso on October 16, 2004, 04:16:23 am
Quote from: "jough"
But who is Joe?


In a way, aren't we all Joe?
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: jough on October 16, 2004, 05:19:42 am
Man, that is not even close to how you pronounce my name!
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: AugustWest on October 16, 2004, 05:33:03 am
Release your inner Joe!
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: sailor on October 16, 2004, 09:00:51 am
Quote from: "jough"
Man, that is not even close to how you pronounce my name!


ok. wassup, j-cough?
Title: this is somehow poetic
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 16, 2004, 02:24:37 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Man, that is not even close to how you pronounce my name!


Yo!

DOUGH

sounds like DOE

ergo

JOUGH

sounds like JOE

he-LLO?
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: wombat on October 16, 2004, 02:27:08 pm
He will always be Number One to me.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: V-Adore on October 16, 2004, 04:42:37 pm
If I ever meet Jough in person, I'm just going to call him "Fearless Leader" until either he tells me the correct pronunciation or kills me, whichever comes first.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: jay-ell on October 16, 2004, 07:13:16 pm
You just pronounce it any way you want and the good Lord will provide.  

Right?  RIGHT?
Title: Re: this is somehow poetic
Post by: Turbo Ninja on October 16, 2004, 11:43:33 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "jough"
Man, that is not even close to how you pronounce my name!


Yo!

DOUGH

sounds like DOE

ergo

JOUGH

sounds like JOE

he-LLO?


We went over this not too long ago, right?  A lot of words end in -ough but don't rhyme with Dough/Doe.  It could be Juff (Tough), Joff (Cough), etc.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 17, 2004, 12:13:46 am
Quote from: "Mr Trout"
I like the strip simply for the "Bless you" at the end.


Me too, me too. I am also a fan of the "such as"

This post is virtually content-free.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 17, 2004, 12:47:37 am
I pronounce it "Beeeeeyatch-uh."
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: jough on October 17, 2004, 12:53:18 am
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I pronounce it "Beeeeeyatch-uh."


That's pretty close, actually.
Title: Re: this is somehow poetic
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 17, 2004, 03:13:20 am
Quote from: "superock101"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "jough"
Man, that is not even close to how you pronounce my name!


Yo!

DOUGH

sounds like DOE

ergo

JOUGH

sounds like JOE

he-LLO?


We went over this not too long ago, right?  A lot of words end in -ough but don't rhyme with Dough/Doe.  It could be Juff (Tough), Joff (Cough), etc.


Or "Jow" (bough)

Or "Jew" (through)
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on October 17, 2004, 03:18:36 am
Concept:

A sad, mad person who cannot be happy has tried to tell you using INSANELY GOOD AND FINAL LOGIC WORTHY OF COLLEGE that he does not understand today's cartoon. That is his right. Can people please stop emailing me that he is a miserable barnacle on the hull of all that is good? I'm getting tired of that.

I already know,
/C
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: sailor on October 17, 2004, 08:39:23 pm
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Concept:

A sad, mad person who cannot be happy has tried to tell you using INSANELY GOOD AND FINAL LOGIC WORTHY OF COLLEGE that he does not understand today's cartoon. That is his right. Can people please stop emailing me that he is a miserable barnacle on the hull of all that is good? I'm getting tired of that.

I already know,
/C


Are you people really emailing 'stad to complain about jough or is this a joke? that's like complaining to the power company cuz you can't get laid.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 17, 2004, 08:48:17 pm
Quote from: "sailor"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Concept:

A sad, mad person who cannot be happy has tried to tell you using INSANELY GOOD AND FINAL LOGIC WORTHY OF COLLEGE that he does not understand today's cartoon. That is his right. Can people please stop emailing me that he is a miserable barnacle on the hull of all that is good? I'm getting tired of that.

I already know,
/C


Are you people really emailing 'stad to complain about jough or is this a joke? that's like complaining to the power company cuz you can't get laid.


"Seriously dude, brown it out a little! I need low light to hide my eczema!"
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: jough on October 17, 2004, 09:37:01 pm
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Concept:

A sad, mad person who cannot be happy has tried to tell you using INSANELY GOOD AND FINAL LOGIC WORTHY OF COLLEGE that he does not understand today's cartoon. That is his right. Can people please stop emailing me that he is a miserable barnacle on the hull of all that is good? I'm getting tired of that.

I already know,
/C


Is this referring to me?

I understand the cartoon alright.  I understand that it is not funny.

And are people really e-mailing you to complain?  

I swear, people, if you do not have anything productive to do I can assign you some work.  We've got a lot of it here.

-- J.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: andalucia on October 17, 2004, 09:53:41 pm
Yeah, I read that as Chris getting emails pertaining to Jough.  But then I assumed that I was just illiterate somehow, and moved on.  If that's actually the case, that's really strange and kind of amusing.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 17, 2004, 09:53:48 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Concept:

A sad, mad person who cannot be happy has tried to tell you using INSANELY GOOD AND FINAL LOGIC WORTHY OF COLLEGE that he does not understand today's cartoon. That is his right. Can people please stop emailing me that he is a miserable barnacle on the hull of all that is good? I'm getting tired of that.

I already know,
/C


Is this referring to me?

I understand the cartoon alright.  I understand that it is not funny.

And are people really e-mailing you to complain?  

I swear, people, if you do not have anything productive to do I can assign you some work.  We've got a lot of it here.

-- J.


Why are you sad and mad Jough? Is it because no one knows how your name is pronounced? Can we standardize on one?
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: palm trees on October 17, 2004, 10:37:45 pm
after loggin on after a small absence, i noticed this thread was 3 pages long. "oh" i thought, "everyone else must think it's as nut-bustingly funny as i did".

hmm.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: jough on October 18, 2004, 12:25:31 am
I am neither sad nor mad!  Chris is just pissy that I did not find this ONE PARTICULAR strip funny.

The next day's strip, while surely not a gut-buster, was at least weird and interesting enough to have been worth my time reading it (plus we got those nice drawings of Lou Reed and Leo DiCaprio).
Title: forgive me, this is all from memory
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 18, 2004, 05:10:05 am
Quote from: "jough"
I am neither sad nor mad!


One giraffe
Two giraffe
Red giraffe
Blue giraffe

Black giraffe
Blue giraffe
Old giraffe
New giraffe

This one has a little star.
This one has a little car.
My, what a lot of giraffe there are.

Yes. Some are red
And some are blue
And some are old
And some are new.

Some are sad
And some are glad
And some are very, very bad.

Why are they sad and glad and bad?
I do not know.
Go ask your Dad.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Formica on October 18, 2004, 04:10:19 pm
For the record, I will continue to address Jough as jefe, the traditional title for mexican ranchero landowners. I'd like to thank Tom Clancy for introducing me to this term.
Title: Re: forgive me, this is all from memory
Post by: AugustWest on October 19, 2004, 03:52:50 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "jough"
I am neither sad nor mad!


One giraffe
Two giraffe
Red giraffe
Blue giraffe

Black giraffe
Blue giraffe
Old giraffe
New giraffe

This one has a little star.
This one has a little car.
My, what a lot of giraffe there are.

Yes. Some are red
And some are blue
And some are old
And some are new.

Some are sad
And some are glad
And some are very, very bad.

Why are they sad and glad and bad?
I do not know.
Go ask your Dad.


Bobby, you have my eternal respect for preaching the gospel of the much beloved St. Theodore of Geisel.
Title: Re: forgive me, this is all from memory
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 19, 2004, 06:22:02 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "jough"
I am neither sad nor mad!


One giraffe
Two giraffe
Red giraffe
Blue giraffe

Black giraffe
Blue giraffe
Old giraffe
New giraffe

This one has a little star.
This one has a little car.
My, what a lot of giraffe there are.

Yes. Some are red
And some are blue
And some are old
And some are new.

Some are sad
And some are glad
And some are very, very bad.

Why are they sad and glad and bad?
I do not know.
Go ask your Dad.


Bobby, you have my eternal respect for preaching the gospel of the much beloved St. Theodore of Geisel.


For those of you wondering about who that is in my icon:

This one, I think, is called a Yink.
He likes to wink.
He likes to drink.
The likes to drink and drink and drink.
The thing he likes to drink is tequila ink.
The tequila ink he likes to drink is pink.
He likes to wink and drink pink tequila ink.
SO ...
If you have a lot of tequila ink
Then you should get a Yink, I think.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 20, 2004, 04:09:12 pm
At our house, we play out back.
We play a game called Ring the Gack.
Would you like to play this game?  Come down!
We have the only Gack in town.


I have a 17-month old.  I'll go toe-to-toe on the Suessisms with anybody.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 20, 2004, 04:12:38 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
At our house, we play out back.
We play a game called Ring the Gack.
Would you like to play this game?  Come down!
We have the only Gack in town.


I have a 17-month old.  I'll go toe-to-toe on the Suessisms with anybody.


This one here is called a Nook.
On his head he has a hook.
On the hook there is a book.
On the book is "How to Cook."

But a Nook can't read, so a Nook can't cook.
So what good to a Nook is a hook cook book!

It's scary how much of this I remember.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 20, 2004, 04:17:20 pm
My favorite is "Fox in Socks."

And when tweedle beetles battle with their paddles in a bottle and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles...
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Gimpson on October 20, 2004, 04:18:19 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I have a 17-month old.  I'll go toe-to-toe on the Suessisms with anybody.


Oh, It's like that? (http://www.newyorker.com/shouts/content/?040726sh_shouts)
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 20, 2004, 04:31:32 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
My favorite is "Fox in Socks."

And when tweedle beetles battle with their paddles in a bottle and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles...


I attended a David Byrne concert in the late 90's, and I swear he was wearing a thneed. (http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~cjermain/thneed.htm)

(http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~cjermain/thneed.jpg)
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Va on October 20, 2004, 04:41:29 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I attended a David Byrne concert in the late 90's, and I swear he was wearing a thneed. (http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~cjermain/thneed.htm)


I think I know what you're talking about.  We saw him at Music Midtown in Atlanta a few years back and he started the show in a cotton-candy pink suit made out of what looked like stuffed-animal plush fabric.  Then he changed into a kilt.  For his encore, he came back out in a "visible man" skin-suit and sang "Psycho Killer".
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 20, 2004, 04:44:28 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I attended a David Byrne concert in the late 90's, and I swear he was wearing a thneed. (http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~cjermain/thneed.htm)


I think I know what you're talking about.  We saw him at Music Midtown in Atlanta a few years back and he started the show in a cotton-candy pink suit made out of what looked like stuffed-animal plush fabric.  Then he changed into a kilt.  For his encore, he came back out in a "visible man" skin-suit and sang "Psycho Killer".


Yes, that is exactly what happened at our concert.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: AugustWest on October 21, 2004, 12:55:00 am
I would not, could not in a boat
I could not, would not with a goat
I will not eat them in the rain
I do not like them on a train
Not with a fox
Not in a box
Not with a penis
Not in a house
I do not like them here or there
I do not like them anywhere
I do not like green eggs and ham
I do not like them Sam-I-Am.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bozack on October 21, 2004, 12:58:39 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

I attended a David Byrne concert in the late 90's, and I swear he was wearing a thneed. (http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~cjermain/thneed.htm)

(http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~cjermain/thneed.jpg)


When I saw him at Bonnaroo, he was wearing a white, long-sleeve button-up shirt under a black cover-all. It was awesome.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: ndpatel on October 21, 2004, 07:34:17 am
i'm just not going to let this thread die.

for some reason, having the words 'magical sex blokes' at the top of the topic index is on point.

also on point: dr. suess was a raging asshole who hated kids. ask anyone who ever had anything to do with dartmouth. it's like their thing, or something. something comes up about dartmouth, they say they went there, and then they tell you dr. suess was a dick.

awesome.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 21, 2004, 03:49:07 pm
Quote from: "ndpatel"
i'm just not going to let this thread die.

for some reason, having the words 'magical sex blokes' at the top of the topic index is on point.

also on point: dr. suess was a raging asshole who hated kids. ask anyone who ever had anything to do with dartmouth. it's like their thing, or something. something comes up about dartmouth, they say they went there, and then they tell you dr. suess was a dick.

awesome.


Let me present to you Dr. Seuss Goes to War (http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/speccoll/dspolitic/)

(http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/speccoll/dspolitic/pm/11212cs.jpg)
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: jough on October 21, 2004, 04:55:38 pm
(http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/speccoll/dspolitic/pm/1942/20728acs.jpg)
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Formica on October 21, 2004, 06:04:27 pm
Ted Geisel was also very vocal in political cartoons during the run up to the war, an interventionist who felt the isolationist wing of Congress was both turning its back on the suffering of Europe and endangering the nation by ignoring the Nazi/Imperial threat:

(http://www.tfaoi.com/am/8am/8am205.jpg)

This is the only one I can find right now - there's alot more of them floating around out there somewhere.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 21, 2004, 09:07:19 pm
Quote from: "ndpatel"
i'm just not going to let this thread die.

for some reason, having the words 'magical sex blokes' at the top of the topic index is on point.

also on point: dr. suess was a raging asshole who hated kids. ask anyone who ever had anything to do with dartmouth. it's like their thing, or something. something comes up about dartmouth, they say they went there, and then they tell you dr. suess was a dick.

awesome.


Every creative genius I've ever known was a dick. And half the people out there have issues with children and the basic problem in most of them is a lack of patience or a disagreeable jealousy that any kid should have fun during childhood since theirs sucked rocks.

Dr Seuss was awesome as a creator of books and now he's dead. Getting fired up over other people's opinions regarding his personality is pretty silly.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: arkabee on October 21, 2004, 09:14:10 pm
Quote from: "ndpatel"

also on point: dr. suess was a raging asshole who hated kids. ask anyone who ever had anything to do with dartmouth. it's like their thing, or something. something comes up about dartmouth, they say they went there, and then they tell you dr. suess was a dick.

awesome.


i never knew dr. suess was a dick,
but i did know that robert frost didn't finish college there.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: jough on October 21, 2004, 09:21:59 pm
Robert Frost was a dick too.

There may be something to creative geniuses being dicks...
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 21, 2004, 09:32:31 pm
Arthur Fiedler was a dick who hated children. So was W.C. Fields.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: ndpatel on October 21, 2004, 09:57:51 pm
Quote from: "jough"
There may be something to creative geniuses being dicks...


is that why there aren't any good girl bands?

ZING!
Title: I don't really mean it, but opportunity just begs I say it
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 21, 2004, 11:07:36 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Robert Frost was a dick too.

There may be something to creative geniuses being dicks...


Being a dick to Onstad won't make your poetry any better, Jough ...
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Acanthopagrus on October 21, 2004, 11:24:04 pm
By being a dick, am I a genius?
Maybe it makes me a talentless c*ck.
Many have called me a cock,
whether they meant it or not
was it a reference to brilliance?
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 21, 2004, 11:27:42 pm
Quote from: "Acanthopagrus"
By being a dick, am I a genius?
Maybe it makes me a talentless c*ck.
Many have called me a cock,
whether they meant it or not
was it a reference to brilliance?


Comparing yourself to your member
Does not within you talent engender
So give up the facade
That you are your rod
You're taller, and likely less slender.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: CortJstr on October 22, 2004, 12:04:26 am
Just when we think we've hit the most wandering thread ever something like this comes along and crosses the line from mere wandering to some kind of teleportation.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: V-Adore on October 22, 2004, 12:22:50 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Just when we think we've hit the most wandering thread ever something like this comes along and crosses the line from mere wandering to some kind of teleportation.

Yeah, this thread is a force of nature. I locked it once (after Chris pulled the ol' passive-aggressive flip-off), but it got delocked, and now I figure I can't stop it. So continue on, you mad emperors! Bravely venture off-topic! Find new topics and then subvert them!
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Acanthopagrus on October 22, 2004, 12:23:04 am
Teleportation
Magical Sex Blokes and cocks
The wandering thread
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 22, 2004, 12:28:29 am
Quote from: "Acanthopagrus"
Teleportation
Magical Sex Blokes and cocks
The wandering thread


The subject is dicks
Whether seen on a sex bloke
Or as Dr. Seuss

(http://jerkcity.com/jerkcity2183.gif)
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: jay-ell on October 22, 2004, 12:57:41 pm
FREAKISH
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 22, 2004, 04:51:04 pm
an achewood/jerkcity crossover would be amusing.

ray: T BEEF I SLEEP-SHAT THE BED

beef: T RAY WHAT DO YOU THINK I CARE?

ray: HOW DO YOU THINK I MADE THAT AWESOME FRITATTA?

both: HUAGLAGLAGLAGLAG

lyle: WHOA WAIT DONT WASTE THOSE BLUMPKINS OH GOD MY FACE HUAGLAGLAGLAGLAG

phillipe: HERE COMES A SPECIAL BOY

lyle: ALL OVER YOUR FACE

phillipe: T LYLE I AM NOT GAY, I AM AN OTTER

all: COCKS
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Formica on October 22, 2004, 05:07:26 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
an achewood/jerkcity crossover would be amusing.

ray: T BEEF I SLEEP-SHAT THE BED

beef: T RAY WHAT DO YOU THINK I CARE?

ray: HOW DO YOU THINK I MADE THAT AWESOME FRITATTA?

both: HUAGLAGLAGLAGLAG

lyle: WHOA WAIT DONT WASTE THOSE BLUMPKINS OH GOD MY FACE HUAGLAGLAGLAGLAG

phillipe: HERE COMES A SPECIAL BOY

lyle: ALL OVER YOUR FACE

phillipe: T LYLE I AM NOT GAY, I AM AN OTTER

all: COCKS


genius
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 22, 2004, 08:44:16 pm
Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
an achewood/jerkcity crossover would be amusing.

ray: T BEEF I SLEEP-SHAT THE BED

beef: T RAY WHAT DO YOU THINK I CARE?

ray: HOW DO YOU THINK I MADE THAT AWESOME FRITATTA?

both: HUAGLAGLAGLAGLAG

lyle: WHOA WAIT DONT WASTE THOSE BLUMPKINS OH GOD MY FACE HUAGLAGLAGLAGLAG

phillipe: HERE COMES A SPECIAL BOY

lyle: ALL OVER YOUR FACE

phillipe: T LYLE I AM NOT GAY, I AM AN OTTER

all: COCKS


genius



Before there was Ray shitting the bed ...

Before there was Jerk City (http://www.jerkcity.com) ...

There was ...

SPACE MOOSE

(http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/shat_bed.gif)

Abnrmljstr: I love you
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Acanthopagrus on October 25, 2004, 07:27:03 am
Magical Sex Blokes!!!
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 25, 2004, 01:00:43 pm
Quote from: "Acanthopagrus"
Magical Sex Blokes!!!


That sounds suspiciously like our thread jumping the shark.
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 25, 2004, 01:01:32 pm
Whether you be bad sad or glad
Whether you be bad sad or glad
You've got to know that there's fun to be had
You've got to know that there's fun to be had
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 25, 2004, 01:10:55 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Whether you be bad sad or glad
Whether you be bad sad or glad
You've got to know that there's fun to be had
You've got to know that there's fun to be had


Rock over London
Rock on Chicago
Achewood: Bite my Rad Chilis

This thread is ready to be locked
Title: Magical Sex Blokes Vol. 8 - 14 October 2004
Post by: V-Adore on October 25, 2004, 02:19:46 pm
Far be it from me to refuse the entreaties of the Little People. (And the MB folks, too.)