The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: andalucia on October 14, 2004, 07:53:19 pm
-
Egad, didn't think I'd have to be the one to start this thread, try to think up witty poll options, etc.
I got these CDs a couple of days ago, and I'm listening to The Death Sound now, on account of I forgot A Nice CD For A Man Or A Lady at my friend's place last night.
However, both are super rad: "Les Os" made me happy, since I saw the Unicorns two weekends ago and conversed with an Unicorn after the show about said song. I also particularly respect "Israelites" as a mix opener: I used it as such after your first mix introduced me to Mr. Dekker. As I have come to expect, lots of stuff I already love (the Handsome Family! Townes van Zandt!) plus many things that I shall now have to look into.
bravo, etc.
ALSO, as I now have a computer again, my CDs are in postproduction, with the making of the cover art, and the addressing of shoddy home-made envelopes. The mix's title is "Be Kind, Rewind" and it is ever so indie.
-
I put "Les Os" on my last mix, too!
it's one of my fav. tracks after "Tuff Ghost"
Since I didn't trade with this person (not to be mean; just didn't ask!), I cannot take the poll though. it does sound promising :D
*random*
-
I got this as well as another CD (starlight's?) but since I just moved I haven't had a change to listen to them. But I will weigh in shortly. Probably next week.
-
as well as another CD (starlight's?)
If it's from 'Amber' then it's from me (I think? there aren't any others on here who traded are there? well, most likely not in Houston, Tx :D) ...I think I may have put my SN on the actual disc in marker, but I was so distracted that night, I forgot.
-
I got this today, and it makes me happy. I'm not familiar with most of the bands on it, so this is really sort of like a musical gift to me, yay!
Starting and ending Death Sound with two versions of "Some Velvet Morning" was absolute genius, incidentally. Much rad was brought.
-
Was one of the versions of "Some Velvet Morning" by Firewater?