The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: arkabee on October 14, 2004, 09:28:07 pm

Title: such as
Post by: arkabee on October 14, 2004, 09:28:07 pm
i vote yea.  affectation is 9/10's of the law.
Title: such as
Post by: jough on October 14, 2004, 09:32:29 pm
Not only is it acceptable, but to me it is preferable to "like."
Title: such as
Post by: V-Adore on October 14, 2004, 09:40:51 pm
Indeed. I am too prone to strange linguistic tics myself to not grant Beef his with a modicum of grace.
Title: such as
Post by: St_Zartan on October 14, 2004, 10:31:38 pm
APPARENTLY TWO BILLION RED CHINESE CAN BE WRONG

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU GUYS
Title: such as
Post by: Bozack on October 14, 2004, 11:50:34 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
APPARENTLY TWO BILLION RED CHINESE CAN BE WRONG


Quote from: "Jed Eckert"
Well, who *is* on our side?

Quote from: "Col. Andy Tanner"
Six hundred million screamin' Chinamen.

Quote from: "Darryl Bates"
Well, last I heard, there were a billion screamin' Chinamen.

Quote from: "Col. Andy Tanner"
There were.
Title: such as
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 15, 2004, 12:40:59 am
Next poll: Are Roast Beef's suicidal tendencies acceptable?
Title: such as
Post by: AugustWest on October 15, 2004, 02:55:26 am
I vote Hells yeah!
Title: such as
Post by: jough on October 15, 2004, 04:15:42 am
Ash, love your blog. ;)
Title: such as
Post by: Bozack on October 15, 2004, 07:09:18 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
The wrong crowd found it so I had to tailor the message for 'em.


I'm imagining a bunch of surly teens in leather jackets, hanging around outside your blog, sizing up browsers for cash.
Title: such as
Post by: Mantonio on October 15, 2004, 03:38:50 pm
Beef wouldn't be such as a unique character if he didn't use the phrase "such as" all the time.
Title: such as
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 15, 2004, 05:49:35 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Actually, I blew security (loose lips sink ships!) and it resulted in some wanker at work such as* a CSV-gal finding it.  Couldn't have that stuff floating around the work empire.


Comma-Separated Values??