The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bozack on October 15, 2004, 07:16:11 am
-
Okay, this is good.
Ray bought wax figures of Matt and Ben. And is going to build a basketball court, just so he can pose them in some sort of creepy monument to their hetero love. Ray bought Matt and Ben DOLLS, and is now PLAYING with them.
I get the feeling that Nice Pete would either really like the Matt and Ben dolls, or would attack and destroy them.
-
I'm reallly creeped out by this whole idea.... hah
-
Why Ray, why?
I think the introduction of Nice Pete to Matt and Ben is a necessity.
-
Perhaps Lyle could use them for something
-
Suddenly, with the Lyle mention, I am now reminded of those Realdoll's (http://www.realdoll.com/) in relation to Matt and Ben... ew... creepy porn!
-
This is rad.
Particularly the hand motions Ray employs to explain things.
-
Meh. Making fun of Affleck and Damon is just too easy.
-
The panel of the Damon and Affleck dolls staring out at us just creeps my shit out. Blame the Uncanny Valley, or perhaps the rarity of human faces in Achewood.
-
I saw some of those figures in Vegas. CREEPY.
If they're made of wax and he puts them out by the pool, won't they melt?
-
Seems like Ray's doing some soul-searchin'. What is a real friend? Why doesn't he have a best bud? Maybe he's real shook up by Molly and Beef's relationship being kind of on the rocks. I dunno, man. Maybe I'm readin' too much into it.
I like this strip.
-
I like the incongruity of this strip. But it looks like Ray got snookered by the Tussaud people, because those are obviously figures of a young Lou Reed (check out the cover of "Rock and Roll Animal") and Leonardo DiCaprio.
Ray's explanation about "why Damon and Affleck" is great, though. But T, FRIENDS! And then T-Adore gets to hug Ray and tell him that he is rad.
And yes, making fun of Affleck and Damon is all too easy, and really is venturing into Kevin Smith's territory. Was "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" on cable last night or something?
That whole story about them being friends is crap anyway. They shared the same publicist who thought it would be good idea to promote them as old friends when Good Will Hunting came out. They really can't stand each other. Just wait, one of those wax figures is going to be straight out SHOVING the other in order to get the ball, before wrestling each other to the ground and playing a game of "Roman Emperor." Affleck will obviously be the "bottom."
-
Further evidence:
(http://achewood.plagiarist.com/images/ReedLeo.jpg)
-
Aw, man, touché!
-
Ray, you are just gonna scare Philippe with that shit and he's busy trying to get presidented.
-
One wonders if there will be any payoff to the wax figures or if they'll just disappear from the characters' collective memories.
-
jough, that is some spot-on free-image association. i mean, it might be one of those "switch the heads on new wax bodies" deals. i can't tell you how many times i went to get a statue of marge and it looked just like jimmy carter.