The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: andalucia on October 19, 2004, 12:37:31 pm
-
Who's Lisa Popeil?
Also, seeing a lys outside of the context of separatist graffitti is disorienting.
-
Well Ron Popeil is a semi-famous infomercial guy from RonCo. He did stuff like the chicken rotisserie with the clear door. Hence the title of her book being "But Wait, There's More!" Her 2nd book will probably be called "Now How Much Would You Pay?"
-
I'll bet she has great tips on making julienne fries.
-
One of Frank Zappa's live albums has a surprise guest appearance by Lisa Popeil. If memory serves, she recites a poem about how being rich means she can buy bigger boobs. Or something.
That's all.
Update: "Lisa's Life Story" on You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore vol.6.
-
PinkStainlessTail beat me to it with the Lisa Popeil reference, but I'd like to add: good god, after about a minute of that song, I'm ready to strangle her.
-
Lisa Popeil has also sung background lyrics on most of "Weird Al" Yankovic's albums since 1984's Weird Al in 3-D, on which she sang the background vocals for "Mr. Popeil," a tribute to her father sung in the style of The B-52's.
I need a Vegematic!
I need a Pocket giraffeerman!
I need a handy appliance
That'll scramble an egg while it's still inside its shell!
(Operators are standing by.
How does that make you feel?)
Help me.
Mr. Popeil!
I wanna shine some pennies!
I wanna mend some leather!
I wanna Krazy-Glue my head to the bottom of a big steel girder!
(Please, no C.O.D.'s.
Don't miss out on this deal.)
Ah, help me.
Mr. Popeil!
And now you can learn to sing like her too, with the amazing Total Singer Voiceworks™ Method! (http://www.popeil.com/)
Order today!