The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on October 20, 2004, 11:34:04 am

Title: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 20, 2004, 11:34:04 am
because "like she needs a hot shovel" or "slick dirtle" are too obviously mugging for kitch-title status
Title: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: andalucia on October 20, 2004, 12:06:04 pm
Aw, man, what an awesome strip... more pretty cars.
I especially like the barely-discernable (on my monitor) background on the last panel.
Title: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: AugustWest on October 20, 2004, 01:04:30 pm
That Onstad, he sure do like to draw cars!

I liked the headrest detail in Ray's Escalade.  I also liked the background in the last panel.  

Also Beef is just Beef.  Touching how worried he is about Molly.
Title: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: arlucasinc on October 20, 2004, 01:47:58 pm
I liked everything except that steering wheel. It's all floating out in the middle of nowhere.

As we say in Blawnox, "What's up wit 'at?"

Thank god for the last panel. Or I would have had no clue what's going on in the first panel.

Achtung Baby was a nice touch.
Title: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: Gimpson on October 20, 2004, 02:26:09 pm
I must have the brightness or contrast set up weird on my computer at home.  These dark strips always look completely different on my work computer than they do at home.
Title: Re: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: palm trees on October 20, 2004, 02:44:20 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
because "like she needs a hot shovel" or "slick dirtle" are too obviously mugging for kitch-title status


thank you. i was pained loading the page, waiting for "The Slick Dirtle - 10/20/04". if nobody had posted, i was gonna call Achtung Baby, but too late.
Title: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: Chris Onstad on October 20, 2004, 07:03:06 pm
Quote from: "arlucasinc"
I liked everything except that steering wheel.


Artwork Intentionally Left Bad™

Once in a while I like to make an impossible steering mechanism and see if people catch on, a la panel five in:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04242002
Title: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 20, 2004, 07:16:49 pm
It made me laugh. The Colander was also a nice touch.

My favorite part about the motorcycle strip is that Ray is riding side-saddle.
Title: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: jough on October 20, 2004, 07:30:01 pm
Yeah, I couldn't quite make out the first panel.  I thought it was a tunnel to the right, but I spent too much time trying to discern it.

I laughed extra hard at the "Achtung Baby" reference because I actually had an argument with a girl as we were separating our CD collection as to which copy of AB was whose.  I pretty much always handle my discs by the edges and so I knew that the one in better shape was mine.  We argued about it for a bit before I noticed that one copy (the one that was all scratched up) was from BMG, and I had never belonged to BMG, so it had to be hers.

Tou-fuck*ng-ché

But yes, this is a perfectly reasonable discussion between two best friends on the possibility of one of said friends moving in with a sweetheart.
Title: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 20, 2004, 07:39:37 pm
I once lost my mom's cassette copy of Achtung Baby. That is all.
Title: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: wombat on October 20, 2004, 08:48:11 pm
Those don't look like the seats inside of any car I have ever been in.  But I'm guessing this just reveals what a low-class existence I lead in comparison to a cartoon cat.
Title: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: slink on October 20, 2004, 08:57:12 pm
Totally dig this one. Good one to come home to.
I just love any strip with cars in now, as they are always so cool.

If I had money, Chris, I'd get you to do a painting featuring a car so I could swipe it from eBay.
Title: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: evan on October 20, 2004, 09:59:47 pm
Doesn't Beef already live with Molly?
Title: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: slink on October 20, 2004, 10:36:18 pm
Quote from: "evan"
Doesn't Beef already live with Molly?


You know what I meant...
Title: Vrooo - 10/20/2004
Post by: palm trees on October 21, 2004, 12:12:40 am
Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
Quote from: "arlucasinc"
I liked everything except that steering wheel.


Artwork Intentionally Left Bad™

Once in a while I like to make an impossible steering mechanism and see if people catch on, a la panel five in:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04242002


the only reasonable response to seeing that for the first time is to do this (http://users.ox.ac.uk/~wadh2041/impossibleshit.JPG)