The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: AugustWest on October 21, 2004, 01:35:03 pm

Title: Album Cover Challenge
Post by: AugustWest on October 21, 2004, 01:35:03 pm
I was pretty lousy at this (http://www.meish.org/files/albums/index.php?currDir=.), but I figured some of y'all could do better.
Title: Album Cover Challenge
Post by: slink on October 21, 2004, 02:29:47 pm
38 in all.

I was surprised at some of the ones that made it in there. I have only come across a few people who know of Radio Tarifa.
Title: Album Cover Challenge
Post by: Gimpson on October 21, 2004, 03:46:47 pm
If you're into tests, you may want to try this one (http://www.pbs.org/kcts/videogamerevolution/arcade/name/name_that_game.swf) on video game sound effects.  

I got 14 out of 18.
Title: Album Cover Challenge
Post by: CortJstr on October 21, 2004, 04:11:47 pm
For 32 I could name the artist, but for about 8 of them I didn't know the album.

And I'm pretty sure at least one of those (http://www.meish.org/files/albums/index.php?currDir=./album_cover_challenge_2&pageType=image&image=11.jpg) was a UK-only cover.
Title: Album Cover Challenge
Post by: AugustWest on October 21, 2004, 04:29:36 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
If you're into tests, you may want to try this one (http://www.pbs.org/kcts/videogamerevolution/arcade/name/name_that_game.swf) on video game sound effects.  

I got 14 out of 18.


14 for 18 also.
Title: Album Cover Challenge
Post by: AugustWest on October 21, 2004, 04:36:30 pm
24 I could name the artist, and all but about 4 of those the album too.
Title: Album Cover Challenge
Post by: slink on October 21, 2004, 04:40:54 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

And I'm pretty sure at least one of those (http://www.meish.org/files/albums/index.php?currDir=./album_cover_challenge_2&pageType=imageℑ=11.jpg) was a UK-only cover.


I certainly recognised that one, but couldn't even place artist on that one.
Title: Album Cover Challenge
Post by: CortJstr on October 21, 2004, 04:47:14 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

And I'm pretty sure at least one of those (http://www.meish.org/files/albums/index.php?currDir=./album_cover_challenge_2&pageType=imageℑ=11.jpg) was a UK-only cover.

I certainly recognised that one, but couldn't even place artist on that one.

Answer (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005NEUF/ref=m_art_li_5/104-5644510-8914333?v=glance&s=music).

I only knew it because that's the cover they use on the online radio statio (last.fm) I listen to.
Title: Album Cover Challenge
Post by: slink on October 21, 2004, 04:50:16 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Answer (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005NEUF/ref=m_art_li_5/104-5644510-8914333?v=glance&s=music).


Yea. Totally wouldn't have got that, having never really listened to them. Have seen it before though I think.

I got about 4 more just browsing through looking for the answer to that one. I guess I'm better at it than I expected...
Title: Album Cover Challenge
Post by: jough on October 21, 2004, 05:04:39 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
If you're into tests, you may want to try this one (http://www.pbs.org/kcts/videogamerevolution/arcade/name/name_that_game.swf) on video game sound effects.  

I got 14 out of 18.


I also got 14 out of 18.  I missed a couple that I had never even HEARD of but was surprised that I missed the Zelda one, since I played that ALL THE DAMN TIME.
Title: Album Cover Challenge
Post by: starlight on October 21, 2004, 09:17:48 pm
I recognised 21.. forgot how many I could name both the album and artist to... maybe most of them since I tried not to cheat, but y'know... heh.

One of those albums I actually sold on half.com... ahah.  the one pictured at the front for the eighth and last album challenge.
[edit again:  I just realised the covers change at the front of the challenges.. hah.  I meant the Stereolab one for the record)

---

My Quicktime didn't much like that second game though :\
I'm pretty sure I'd suck at it though since I didn't play enough games... mostly just racing ones.

[edit:  just got a friend to take it and out of all 9, he got 120... I'm making him give me more of the answers later.. geez]