The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Turbo Ninja on October 22, 2004, 11:02:40 am

Title: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: Turbo Ninja on October 22, 2004, 11:02:40 am
What are the odds that two people (cats) you know would have a letter/clarification printed in the same issue of Playboy?

And do cats read Human Playboy?
Title: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on October 22, 2004, 12:59:04 pm
Ray apparently reads a shit load of magazines. The bag should not be that big for a normal person.
Title: Re: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: andalucia on October 22, 2004, 01:22:50 pm
Quote from: "superock101"
And do cats read Human Playboy?


Ohh no I don't think I like any direction that that line of thought could take.
Title: Re: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on October 22, 2004, 01:38:46 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "superock101"
And do cats read Human Playboy?

Ohh no I don't think I like any direction that that line of thought could take.

Well Ray did ask for photos of the human females who wrote into Ray's Place . . .
Title: Re: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: slink on October 22, 2004, 03:30:37 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "andalucia"

Ohh no I don't think I like any direction that that line of thought could take.

Well Ray did ask for photos of the human females who wrote into Ray's Place . . .


This makes me think of any episode of Family Guy where Brian is dating a human woman...
That is all.
Title: Re: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on October 22, 2004, 04:17:59 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "andalucia"

Ohh no I don't think I like any direction that that line of thought could take.

Well Ray did ask for photos of the human females who wrote into Ray's Place . . .

This makes me think of any episode of Family Guy where Brian is dating a human woman...
That is all.

IIRC that was Brian Wallows Peter Swallows
Title: Re: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: Turbo Ninja on October 22, 2004, 04:53:33 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "andalucia"

Ohh no I don't think I like any direction that that line of thought could take.

Well Ray did ask for photos of the human females who wrote into Ray's Place . . .

This makes me think of any episode of Family Guy where Brian is dating a human woman...
That is all.

IIRC that was Brian Wallows Peter Swallows


CortJstr, unrivaled in the art of cartoon recall.  I only hope those powers continue to be used for good instead of evil.
Title: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: jough on October 22, 2004, 05:13:55 pm
That's why we refer to bringing up reference to comics and cartoons using the transitive verb, to CortJstr or just to CJ for short.
Title: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: Turbo Ninja on October 22, 2004, 05:33:21 pm
I knew CJ's Achewood recall is without peer in all the realm, but I didn't know it extended to cancelled/re-animated (ha!) animation.  He's like the Ken Jennings of TOUAMB.
Title: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on October 22, 2004, 06:25:38 pm
Quote from: "superock101"
I knew CJ's Achewood recall is without peer in all the realm, but I didn't know it extended to cancelled/re-animated (ha!) animation.  He's like the Ken Jennings of TOUAMB.

The problem with being the best is that every young punk with a search engine and too much free time wants to challange me. I'm like that ping pong playing cowboy in Farside.

Also, I need to reread the 2004 strips before I get stumped on one. It's hard work being a verb.
Title: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: Turbo Ninja on October 22, 2004, 06:48:51 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

The problem with being the best is that every young punk with a search engine and too much free time wants to challange me. I'm like that ping pong playing cowboy in Farside.

Also, I need to reread the 2004 strips before I get stumped on one. It's hard work being a verb.


Ah, but you can't use a search engine to find the underlying themes or pictoral content.  A Google search on "stuttering todd squirrel achewood" yields exactly zero results, but I bet you'd be quick on the draw like a hoss named McGraw with a satisfying strip or five.

And again, CJ illustrates his point by making reference to a cartoon.  You, sir, have mastered your idiom.
Title: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on October 22, 2004, 06:55:21 pm
Quote from: "superock101"
Ah, but you can't use a search engine to find the underlying themes or pictoral content.  A Google search on "stuttering todd squirrel achewood" yields exactly zero results, but I bet you'd be quick on the draw like a hoss named McGraw with a satisfying strip or five.

And again, CJ illustrates his point by making reference to a cartoon.  You, sir, have mastered your idiom.

Argh (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01062004)! Linkage (http://images.google.com/images?q=Quickdraw+McGraw&hl=en&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0) overload (http://www.google.com/search?q=idiom%20holy%20grail%20lancelot&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=iw)!
Title: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: Silverberg on October 22, 2004, 07:38:16 pm
Excellent strip.

earrAP

earrrrr-AP-AP-AP

Ptoo-ah
Title: Re: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: slink on October 22, 2004, 11:37:45 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

IIRC that was Brian Wallows Peter Swallows


Indeed, though I was also thinking of the one where he falls for Lois, and I thought there was another one where he at least dated, or considered dating... But I'm insanely tired.
Oh, and it's Peter's Swallows... Just for sanity's sake!
Title: Two knuckleheads, three delights (22 Oct 2004)
Post by: Franz. on October 25, 2004, 04:15:44 am
Now, this is good. Ray is going to figure out what's going on, and I am interested to see him talk to Beef about it.

I am curious to see how Ray handles his best friend's girl troubles.

Oh, and, "nervous-puke." Haha.

Ich bin ein [ Franz. ]