The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on October 25, 2004, 05:57:16 am
-
This one totally made me laugh out loud like a' idiot.
10% infant mortality rate indeed.
I do love these one-offs, as they make for good link fodder to send to people who have not been following THE STORY SO FAR.
-
Ha, yeah, this one was brilliant. Good show, good show.
-
agronomy!
hee
-
Teodor is awesome.
-
I've always thought that about Sierra Leone, actually. I'm glad it wasn't just me.
-
Teodor's gesturing at the flags is fairly precious, yes. A total one-off, but a clever one, and I certainly laughed.
I also really like using one's status as a "24-hour party person" to get geographic facts wrong. high quality.
-
I wish there was a porn star named Sierra Leone so that when a guy says he bukkake'd Sierra Leone it would sound like he bukkake'd the entire country.
Great strip.
-
I wish there was a porn star named Sierra Leone so that when a guy says he bukkake'd Sierra Leone it would sound like he bukkake'd the entire country.
Just one guy for the whole country? Damn. Whoever this guy is Lyle needs to get him under contract stat.
-
I've been wondering why the last fictional country, though. I mean, that's Gibraltar's flag alright, but it's not off the Brazilian Coast - it's south of Spain.
And of course no one calls it "BeLicious St. Coxx" except that 24 hour party person Chris Onstad. But I guess Gibraltar doesn't sound much like a porn star's name, and he wanted to use Gibraltar's interesting-looking flag (it reminds me of a castle in "Adventure!" for the Atari 2600).
But what about Burkina Faso?
(some still call it "Upper Volta")
LOCATION: Smack Dab in the midst of Africa
AMBITIONS: To not die from AIDS
-
Burkina Faso exists solely for the purpose of being stolen by Carmen Sandiego.
-
I've been wondering why the last fictional country, though. I mean, that's Gibraltar's flag alright, but it's not off the Brazilian Coast - it's south of Spain.
And of course no one calls it "BeLicious St. Coxx" except that 24 hour party person Chris Onstad. But I guess Gibraltar doesn't sound much like a porn star's name, and he wanted to use Gibraltar's interesting-looking flag (it reminds me of a castle in "Adventure!" for the Atari 2600).
But what about Burkina Faso?
(some still call it "Upper Volta")
LOCATION: Smack Dab in the midst of Africa
AMBITIONS: To not die from AIDS
The mediterranean is off the coast of brazil. How far is a subjective matter.
Personally I'm all for countries that sound like professional wrestlers and/or wrestling tag teams. Burkina Faso would fall under that, as well as:
Togo
Venezuela (has a pet snake)
Trinidad and Tobago
The United Arab Emirates
San Marino (fights in a cardinals' outfit, kind of like Father Belucci)
Brazil (terribly androgynous woman)
Lichtenstein (translation: "lick that stone")
-
Personally I'm all for countries that sound like professional wrestlers and/or wrestling tag teams. Burkina Faso would fall under that, as well as:
Togo
Venezuela (has a pet snake)
Trinidad and Tobago
The United Arab Emirates
San Marino (fights in a cardinals' outfit, kind of like Father Belucci)
Brazil (terribly androgynous woman)
Lichtenstein (translation: "lick that stone")
Good call. As a porn star Burkina Faso would have to be a hermaphrodite or transvestite or something.
You've now put terrible ideas in my head.
Jim Ross: What the?! That's The United Arab Emirates' music! They're in the ring, Arab Strap to Trinidad! Arab Strap to Tobago! Referee calls for the bell. But here comes Nepal and he's got the Triangle Choke on Trinidad! What the hell is going on here?!
-
Personally I'm all for countries that sound like professional wrestlers and/or wrestling tag teams. Burkina Faso would fall under that, as well as:
Togo
Venezuela (has a pet snake)
Trinidad and Tobago
The United Arab Emirates
San Marino (fights in a cardinals' outfit, kind of like Father Belucci)
Brazil (terribly androgynous woman)
Lichtenstein (translation: "lick that stone")
Good call. As a porn star Burkina Faso would have to be a hermaphrodite or transvestite or something.
You've now put terrible ideas in my head.
Jim Ross: What the?! That's The United Arab Emirates' music! They're in the ring, Arab Strap to Trinidad! Arab Strap to Tobago! Referee calls for the bell. But here comes Nepal and he's got the Triangle Choke on Trinidad! What the hell is going on here?!
If, as in G.I.J.O.E. the Movie, we could salvage cloneable DNA from conquerors of times past, I would love to have grudge matches between them. Genghis Khan versus Alexander the Great! Cyrus the Great versus Napoleon! Tamerlane versus Sargon of Akkad!
-
"Well, folks, we're back from commercial, and as you can see, Cote D'Ivoire has entered the ring... someone has seen fit to give them a microphone. (sarcastic) This will be a real treat."
"Stop whining, J.R.! These guys are here to bring us a little culture. Something YOU wouldn't know a whole lot about!"
-
"Well, folks, we're back from commercial, and as you can see, Cote D'Ivoire has entered the ring... someone has seen fit to give them a microphone. (sarcastic) This will be a real treat."
"Stop whining, J.R.! These guys are here to bring us a little culture. Something YOU wouldn't know a whole lot about!"
Cote D'Ivoire could dress like Idi Amin. "But wait -- what's this? Mauritus? Belize? They're entering the ring? And -- oh my God, it's ... SRI LANKA!"
-
I think that I should mention at this point that we have tragically overlooked French Guiana.
I would put my name behind any film starring French Guiana.
-
I think that I should mention at this point that we have tragically overlooked French Guiana.
I would put my name behind any film starring French Guiana.
As porn star or wrestler?
A French Guiana versus Guyana rivalry would be interesting.
Also "The Seychelles" would be excellent, either as tag team wrestlers or lesbian gangbanging twins.
-
As porn star or wrestler?
Would have to be porn star. I mean, Guiana just sounds too anatomical.
-
Micronesia: a little person luchador
Gibralter: would totally feud with The Rock.
Qatar: whose finishing move would of course be The Cutter
Canada and Samoa are out because half the people from there are wrestlers anyway.
I think Ivory Coast could work for a porn star.
-
Micronesia: a little person luchador
Gibralter: would totally feud with The Rock.
Qatar: whose finishing move would of course be The Cutter
Canada and Samoa are out because half the people from there are wrestlers anyway.
I think Ivory Coast could work for a porn star.
Now, names if cities are perfect for wrestlers.
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
THE THRILLA IN VANILLA
ULAAN BATOR vs. VLADIVOSTOK
FREE LIVE PERFORMANCE by adult film star DJIBOUTI
-
Geographic grudge matches are the bomb! We totally need to get Vic Damone and Kenny Blankensmith to do the commentating.
-
Geographic grudge matches are the bomb! We totally need to get Vic Damone and Kenny Blankensmith to do the commentating.
If only Gorilla Monsoon was still alive.
-
Geographic grudge matches are the bomb! We totally need to get Vic Damone and Kenny Blankensmith to do the commentating.
If only Gorilla Monsoon was still alive.
The sensual CAMEROON has BENELUX in a headlock!
-
French Guyana sounds more like a crooked lumberjack or something.
"Zee mounties, they will nevair catch French Guyana!"
-
French Guyana sounds more like a crooked lumberjack or something.
"Zee mounties, they will nevair catch French Guyana!"
Ultimately the Guyanas are defeated by Paraguay and Uruguay, the Guay Pride Movement.
-
Haha. You people make me laugh.
In the best way.
Love always,
[ Franz. ]