The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: CortJstr on October 26, 2004, 03:10:53 pm

Title: Be Kind, Rewind - Andalucia's disc
Post by: CortJstr on October 26, 2004, 03:10:53 pm
I'm actually going to recuse myself from voting on this one. Just because it appears that for our musical tastes to be any more different would require one of us to be from another species with a different bone structure in the inner-ear. I'm guessing this is why she didn't comment on my disc.

Also, what's with the guy having an orgasm at the end of track 14?
Title: Be Kind, Rewind - Andalucia's disc
Post by: V-Adore on October 26, 2004, 03:22:36 pm
I haven't listened to it yet (been indulging my musical monomania lately, sadly enough), but I shall soon. In any event, I should note -- the packaging is minimalist-lovely, and I like the irony of the "rewind" title on a CD.

More later.
Title: Be Kind, Rewind - Andalucia's disc
Post by: jough on October 26, 2004, 03:48:06 pm
I too find the packaging to be very nice.

And no, I have not listened to it yet but it is cued up for today's playlist.
Title: Be Kind, Rewind - Andalucia's disc
Post by: CortJstr on October 26, 2004, 04:27:40 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I haven't listened to it yet (been indulging my musical monomania lately, sadly enough), but I shall soon. In any event, I should note -- the packaging is minimalist-lovely, and I like the irony of the "rewind" title on a CD.

Did everybody get a swirly painted circle on their "case"?

I also found it funny because I just watched Bubba Ho-tep this weekend and after the credits Elvis says, "Be kind, rewind. Oh that's right, this here is a DVD, you don't have to do that no more."
Title: Be Kind, Rewind - Andalucia's disc
Post by: andalucia on October 26, 2004, 09:18:10 pm
You're very diplomatic, CJ.  As for Patti Smith, well, she's just avant-garde.  Or something.  But I love her just the same.
Title: Be Kind, Rewind - Andalucia's disc
Post by: starlight on October 26, 2004, 09:45:02 pm
Hm... wow, I'm quite curious about this (I like weird stuff.. well, to a degree -- it's at least good for a one off)... bet it's too late to ask for a copy?

...and I bet my mix was realllly bad since no one even made a thread about it yet *ahem*  hahah.
Title: Be Kind, Rewind - Andalucia's disc
Post by: CortJstr on October 26, 2004, 09:54:06 pm
Quote from: "starlight"
...and I bet my mix was realllly bad since no one even made a thread about it yet *ahem*  hahah.

I'm getting to it, I swear. I have your two discs and Bozak's two to listen to still. Anda's was only 1 disc and that's all I had time for today so she got skipped to the front of the line.

I also still owe you a CD. I might actually have a chance to burn it tonight.
Title: Be Kind, Rewind - Andalucia's disc
Post by: starlight on October 26, 2004, 11:23:33 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "starlight"
...and I bet my mix was realllly bad since no one even made a thread about it yet *ahem*  hahah.

I'm getting to it, I swear. I have your two discs and Bozak's two to listen to still. Anda's was only 1 disc and that's all I had time for today so she got skipped to the front of the line.

I also still owe you a CD. I might actually have a chance to burn it tonight.


Okay, okay... just wanted to be sure mine wasn't forgotten about without being *too* annoying... or did I fail on that subtlety? ;D

By the way, the one with the achewood art on it is the one I made specifically for the trade.. the other was just what I already made previously for someone (before I got ambitious... was just going to give one in the beginning... heh).

Anyway, I look forward to receiving yours!

[/slightly-offtopicness]