The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Nabubrush on October 28, 2004, 05:12:23 pm

Title: Reunion-type concerts
Post by: Nabubrush on October 28, 2004, 05:12:23 pm
I thought as sort of a welcome back to myself I would attempt to make a poll. It's good practice! Feel free to ignore it.

I went and saw the Misfits last week. As one of the local reviewers wrote, this concert featured the Misfits' original bassist, the Ramones' second drummer, and Black Flag's third vocalist. I thought it was a fun show, and I knew I wasn't really going to a Misfits show anyway, so I wasn't disappointed. It wasn't exactly a supergroup, but they did some Ramones songs and a couple of Black Flag songs too.

Heck, I saw the Eagles on their first reunion tour back in '95 or whatever, and they had the best-known lineup for that show, and we would have been better off just seeing Joe Walsh.

Somehow I screwed this up, so I guess I need more practice.

I fixed it.
Title: Reunion-type concerts
Post by: CortJstr on October 28, 2004, 05:40:39 pm
I said All of Them but with a *. I don't mind if a position that was transient in the band's first run (like the drummer) is a new person.
Title: Reunion-type concerts
Post by: Nabubrush on October 28, 2004, 05:56:18 pm
The poll was sort of just practice and a jumping-off point. It's just too dependent on the particular band.

I think it must make Jerry Only lose sleep knowing that if Glenn Danzig was back in the band they'd be playing to 50 times as many people.
Title: Reunion-type concerts
Post by: slink on October 28, 2004, 06:07:00 pm
It really all depends.
On the band in question, on whether there was new material which involved the new people and whether it rocked or not...

Generally, I despair of reunions, though the Pixies one I would for sure go and see. I guess because well, Frank couldn't get old - he always kinda was middle aged.
Title: Reunion-type concerts
Post by: Nabubrush on October 28, 2004, 06:11:35 pm
I was at work when the Pixies played their Portland show - hell and damnation!
Title: Reunion-type concerts
Post by: Gimpson on October 28, 2004, 06:15:45 pm
I enjoyed the 1997 Jane's Addiction reunion tour with Flea sitting in at bass, but I was never a big enough Jane's Addiction fan to be a purist about it.
Title: Reunion-type concerts
Post by: slink on October 28, 2004, 07:24:27 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
I enjoyed the 1997 Jane's Addiction reunion tour with Flea sitting in at bass, but I was never a big enough Jane's Addiction fan to be a purist about it.


Well, see I'd probably have rather seen that line-up then, than the original line-up playing currently, just because the new material really didn't interest me very much. Also, well I can never even remember the bassist name in Jane's... Perry, Stephen Perkins and Dave Navarro yep, but not the bassist. If I saw his name though...
Title: Reunion-type concerts
Post by: Nabubrush on October 28, 2004, 08:44:48 pm
Eric Avery, but I think that Jane's has pulled the pin again. I remember reading that recently.
Title: Reunion-type concerts
Post by: slink on October 28, 2004, 09:12:04 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Eric Avery, but I think that Jane's has pulled the pin again. I remember reading that recently.


Ah yes, of course.
I was reading not long ago that despite Jane's headlining Lollopalooza, Audioslave were the ones to see there, which I can believe.
Title: Reunion-type concerts
Post by: Gimpson on October 28, 2004, 09:20:18 pm
Quote from: "slink"
I was reading not long ago that despite Jane's headlining Lollopalooza, Audioslave were the ones to see there, which I can believe.


I was most looking forward to the Flaming Lips and the Polyphonic Spree.  The Lips cancelled their tour entirely to work on a new album when Lollapalooza got cancelled, but I did get to catch the Spree in Chicago.  Dang, that is a fun show to see.