The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on October 28, 2004, 07:54:27 pm

Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 28, 2004, 07:54:27 pm
The subject says it all! Daler Mehndi (star of such wacky offbeat hits as "Tunak Tunak Tun" and "Bolo Ta Ra Ra Ra") is singing similar moon-man-language Punjabi hits at the Daughters of the American Revolution Constitution Hall (dar.org). Tickets start at $35 and are available at ticketmaster.com!

BE THERE OR BE A PARALLELOGRAM!

edit: the guy in my icon will be there too!
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Nabubrush on October 28, 2004, 08:41:42 pm
My brain just fell out.
Title: Re: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: wombat on October 28, 2004, 09:46:23 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"


edit: the guy in my icon will be there too!


Eek!  And this is supposed to encourage us to go?
Title: Re: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 28, 2004, 09:49:06 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"


edit: the guy in my icon will be there too!


Eek!  And this is supposed to encourage us to go?


Totally!

Fine, fine. I'll be going, and if I can get away with it, I'll wear this outfit again:

(http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/isosceles.jpg)

Because, let's face it, that's how Daler Mehndi dresses.
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Nabubrush on October 28, 2004, 09:54:16 pm
Look out! Matthew Perry is attacking!
Title: Re: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: CortJstr on October 28, 2004, 10:23:58 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
[crazy outfit]

Dude, do you work at Marrakesh on weekends or something?
Title: Re: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 28, 2004, 10:33:42 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
[crazy outfit]

Dude, do you work at Marrakesh on weekends or something?


Nah, I picked up that suit in Uzbekistan for a whopping $25. The nightclub you see is chiarOscuro (http://www.chiaroscuro-dc.com), where I used to work back in the day before I got otherwise occupied.
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: slink on October 28, 2004, 10:42:43 pm
I just get unnerved because I still cannot work out who it is I've known who looked just like the guy on your avatar...
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 28, 2004, 10:44:28 pm
Quote from: "slink"
I just get unnerved because I still cannot work out who it is I've known who looked just like the guy on your avatar...


The guy in my avater is Joey. You may recognize him from this commercial on TLC. (http://melkor.elder-gods.org/~jdanna/hackers.mov)
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: slink on October 28, 2004, 11:33:32 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

The guy in my avater is Joey. You may recognize him from this commercial on TLC. (http://melkor.elder-gods.org/~jdanna/hackers.mov)


TL-what-now?
I still swear I know him, or his doppleganger from somewhere... Goddamnit! It's more frustrating having just watched that trailer, 'cause now he reminds of the guy even more, but I just cannot remember who it was. Which inevitably means drugs were involved...
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Bozack on October 29, 2004, 04:04:45 am
I bought a Daler Mendhi tape at a Punjabi Deli at 3 am last week, for $2. It. Is. AWESOME.
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 29, 2004, 01:10:47 pm
Can't go to that show.  Have to give candy to trick-or-treaters at my whitebread far-flung suburban household.
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 29, 2004, 01:12:49 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Can't go to that show.  Have to give candy to trick-or-treaters at my whitebread far-flung suburban household.


On the 30th?
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 29, 2004, 01:19:10 pm
I honestly don't know if they're going to trick-or-treat Saturday or Sunday.  Yeah, Halloween is Sunday, but some people think it's inappropriate to trick-or-treat on a Sunday.
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 29, 2004, 01:25:06 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I honestly don't know if they're going to trick-or-treat Saturday or Sunday.  Yeah, Halloween is Sunday, but some people think it's inappropriate to trick-or-treat on a Sunday.


I think it's inappropriate to refuse the Daler because of stupid children.
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: arkabee on October 29, 2004, 01:34:52 pm
Quote from: "slink"
I just get unnerved because I still cannot work out who it is I've known who looked just like the guy on your avatar...


indeed.  he appears to be an amalgamation of someone a year older than me in high school who i hadly knew except for legends of his mishchiefness and thus could easily have developed a long hair and knife syndrome, and someone from my mispent college years who already had long hair and tendencies towards sharpness and easily could have walked off the peer of happiness into the harbor of despair later in life.

thus, it is an eerie preview of my death on a daily basis.
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 29, 2004, 01:42:15 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "slink"
I just get unnerved because I still cannot work out who it is I've known who looked just like the guy on your avatar...


indeed.  he appears to be an amalgamation of someone a year older than me in high school who i hadly knew except for legends of his mishchiefness and thus could easily have developed a long hair and knife syndrome, and someone from my mispent college years who already had long hair and tendencies towards sharpness and easily could have walked off the peer of happiness into the harbor of despair later in life.

thus, it is an eerie preview of my death on a daily basis.


Indeed, his high school mischief is beyond compare. But, he is near me, in the Washington, D.C. Area, so you probably have bumped into his archetype and not him, specifically. Although he did do production on the song in my sig.
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: CortJstr on October 29, 2004, 01:54:44 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Can't go to that show.  Have to give candy to trick-or-treaters at my whitebread far-flung suburban household.

"Far-flung"? Don't you live in Alexandria?
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 29, 2004, 02:06:17 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Can't go to that show.  Have to give candy to trick-or-treaters at my whitebread far-flung suburban household.

"Far-flung"? Don't you live in Alexandria?


He could live on the Mt. Vernon side of it. That's kind of far flung.
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 29, 2004, 02:12:42 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
"Far-flung"? Don't you live in Alexandria?


Nnnnnnnnnnope.  Moved to Centreville this summer.  We're closer to Leesburg than to the District, and that frightens me.
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 29, 2004, 02:14:31 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
"Far-flung"? Don't you live in Alexandria?


Nnnnnnnnnnope.  Moved to Centreville this summer.  We're closer to Leesburg than to the District, and that frightens me.


I used to go to high school there. You have my sympathies there. The children there are all hellions, fuck 'em and go to Daler.
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: wombat on October 29, 2004, 02:22:35 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I honestly don't know if they're going to trick-or-treat Saturday or Sunday.  Yeah, Halloween is Sunday, but some people think it's inappropriate to trick-or-treat on a Sunday.


Well, some people are certainly not getting any candy from me on Saturday.  What's the world coming to?
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: AugustWest on October 29, 2004, 02:32:43 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
"Far-flung"? Don't you live in Alexandria?


Nnnnnnnnnnope.  Moved to Centreville this summer.  We're closer to Leesburg than to the District, and that frightens me.


Centreville.... A real nice place to raise your kids up....
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Choop on October 29, 2004, 02:36:14 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
"Far-flung"? Don't you live in Alexandria?


Nnnnnnnnnnope.  Moved to Centreville this summer.  We're closer to Leesburg than to the District, and that frightens me.



Sorry, but that just sounds like places in a cartoon like the Simpsons to me.
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: CortJstr on October 29, 2004, 02:38:19 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
"Far-flung"? Don't you live in Alexandria?

Nnnnnnnnnnope.  Moved to Centreville this summer.  We're closer to Leesburg than to the District, and that frightens me.

Hey, I grew up in Ashburn and my family dragged me out to Leesburg for a year before I moved out on my own. And yeah, Leesburg sucks. But now I'm in Arlington and life it much happier.
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: jough on October 29, 2004, 02:57:41 pm
I've sold monorails to Brockway, Odgenville, and North Haverbrook...
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: slink on October 29, 2004, 03:41:04 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"

Sorry, but that just sounds like places in a cartoon like the Simpsons to me.


Most everywhere in America sounds like places in the Simpsons to me... But then half of them are!
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 29, 2004, 03:41:54 pm
I like to pretend it's in Quebec and pronounce it "Saun-tra-veele."
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 29, 2004, 03:57:45 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I like to pretend it's in Quebec and pronounce it "Saun-tra-veele."


The asshole waiter at Chez Marc in Manasshole does pronounce it like that.
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: CortJstr on October 29, 2004, 04:06:29 pm
Show some respect here people. Leesburg was the capital of the United States in 1812
Title: DALER MEHNDI - WASHINGTON D.C. - OCTOBER 30
Post by: andalucia on October 29, 2004, 06:07:58 pm
That fellow really must represent an archetype of some sort, because I know two more of them, one from my high school and one from here.