The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Nabubrush on October 29, 2004, 11:07:46 pm

Title: New book reviewed
Post by: Nabubrush on October 29, 2004, 11:07:46 pm
I won't quote from it because I don't know if that's a cool or uncool thing to do, but I do hope that this helps sales and all that. Actually, I will point out one tiny quote:

Quote from: "Alan David Doane"
. . . no lessons are learned.

That simply isn't true. I probably wouldn't have Achewood raise my kids, but there's some solid info in there. Hell, the strip they reprint is a learning experience in and of itself!
Title: New book reviewed
Post by: CortJstr on October 29, 2004, 11:53:26 pm
The beginning of that review was almost uninteligible but towards the end it was clear he liked it. So that's nice.

I wonder if there will be personalized versions or if I'll just get it from Amazon.
Title: New book reviewed
Post by: jough on October 30, 2004, 05:51:12 am
Where may this review be found?

And yeah, it's okay to reprint a review as long as you attribute the source.
Title: New book reviewed
Post by: V-Adore on October 30, 2004, 05:52:50 am
Quote from: "jough"
Where may this review be found?

Linked to on the top of Achewood.com -- should be obvious once you're looking for it.
Title: New book reviewed
Post by: Nabubrush on October 30, 2004, 03:03:00 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Where may this review be found?

And yeah, it's okay to reprint a review as long as you attribute the source.

Sorry about that; I actually sort of assumed that most people here had already read it.
Title: New book reviewed
Post by: CortJstr on October 31, 2004, 03:31:40 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I wonder if there will be personalized versions or if I'll just get it from Amazon.

My question has been answered. Apparently Chris will only sell personalized ones, for regular you must buy it elsewhere. Although I'm not sure if personalization is worth $22 ($35 vs. $13.97 @ amazon). I think it was only $10 on the self-published volumes.

Also, did the Volume 4 ads just start to appear or am I just not observant lately?
Title: New book reviewed
Post by: Choop on October 31, 2004, 05:05:49 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The beginning of that review was almost uninteligible but towards the end it was clear he liked it. So that's nice.

I wonder if there will be personalized versions or if I'll just get it from Amazon.


CJ, didja think 'Stad would link to the review if it weren't in his favor?

Just a question.
Title: New book reviewed
Post by: jough on October 31, 2004, 05:13:48 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "jough"
Where may this review be found?

Linked to on the top of Achewood.com -- should be obvious once you're looking for it.


Well, TODAY it is.  I guess you missed my subtle point: someone reading this thread three months from now will not know what the hell we're talking about.

Here 'tis:

Achewood Vol. 1 Review (http://www.comicbookgalaxy.com/101904_review.html)

Jesus, people.  Do I need to explain how message boards work?
Title: New book reviewed
Post by: Bozack on October 31, 2004, 07:35:13 am
JOUGHS RULES FOR MESSAGEBOARD PLAY:
Title: New book reviewed
Post by: Nabubrush on October 31, 2004, 04:07:44 pm
One way message boards work is that things occur, and the people who are there for them get that insider knowledge, and then in 3 months people who show up to read the boards have no idea what happened, and therefore feel excluded, while the other people are part of the in crowd. I want to be part of the in crowd, dammit!

Sorry about not linking.
Title: New book reviewed
Post by: V-Adore on October 31, 2004, 04:25:23 pm
Oh, see, and here I had assumed that Jough had actually been unable to find the review link, not merely asking a rhetorical question to prod someone to post a link for perpetuity.

I'm glad the link got posted, but yes, I'm really not sure that being hyper-intelligible in the future is a major goal for this MB. If somehow all records on the Earth are wiped out besides this one, the cockroach archeologists of the future will be so screwed.
Title: New book reviewed
Post by: Nabubrush on October 31, 2004, 04:32:27 pm
They'll certainly wonder about the contingent pressing for legal ghost bikes.
Title: New book reviewed
Post by: AugustWest on October 31, 2004, 05:34:39 pm
That's OK, we can all come back and post from Heaven and EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO THEM.