The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: PinkStainlessTail on November 02, 2004, 09:53:22 pm

Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on November 02, 2004, 09:53:22 pm
I have also told lies like this.
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: andalucia on November 02, 2004, 09:57:42 pm
Brutal.
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: Gimpson on November 02, 2004, 10:00:47 pm
When my girlfriend asks me what I had for lunch I usually just tell her that she does not want to know.  

Damn, I love "less than 50% sodium by volume".
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: Nabubrush on November 02, 2004, 10:05:44 pm
Now I'm all self-conscious to post some of the stuff I am thinking about the comic, because Chris is here.


I am sad for Beef. Chicken thighs in white gravy, straight out of the box. And his eyes . . .
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: wombat on November 02, 2004, 10:48:28 pm
Oh woe, he's lying in that position again.  That position that might be normal if he were really just a cat, but that is in fact so terribly heartbreaking.
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: CortJstr on November 02, 2004, 10:50:55 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Damn, I love "less than 50% sodium by volume".

Totally. I eat a lot of frozen dinners because I'm lazy and suck at cooking and they're all like this. Boston Market is the worst.
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: Formica on November 02, 2004, 11:01:47 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Damn, I love "less than 50% sodium by volume".

Yes, very awesome.

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Now I'm all self-conscious to post some of the stuff I am thinking about the comic, because Chris is here.

omgwtfbbqlol

Criticize, dude. He lurked for days before revealing himself to us; I'm sure he's seen far worse than what this strip could elicit, besides.
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: filas on November 02, 2004, 11:03:24 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Oh woe, he's lying in that position again.  That position that might be normal if he were really just a cat, but that is in fact so terribly heartbreaking.


i know.  on the floor next to the electrical sockets.  again.  

oh, hey, i didn't know you were going to call just now.  
at applebee's and also with tina

man, when's the last time RB's coded or hacked into some big corp?

voted!
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: Nabubrush on November 02, 2004, 11:10:35 pm
Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "Nabu"
Now I'm all self-conscious to post some of the stuff I am thinking about the comic, because Chris is here.

omgwtfbbqlol

Criticize, dude. He lurked for days before revealing himself to us; I'm sure he's seen far worse than what this strip could elicit, besides.

Your attribution was incorrect. Also, you misread my post. I wasn't looking to criticize. I was actually just going to idly wonder if the drawing that Chris was having difficulty with was the drawing of the chicken thigh on the box. Also, that part that is in italics may indicate that you are choking.
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: walking contradiction on November 02, 2004, 11:52:02 pm
Quote
TUESDAY: STRIP AROUND 1PM PDT, IT'S TAKING ME LONGER THAN I THOUGHT TO DRAW THIS ONE OBJECT


It is a lovely box, do you not agree?
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: Formica on November 03, 2004, 12:11:28 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Your attribution was incorrect. Also, you misread my post. I wasn't looking to criticize. I was actually just going to idly wonder if the drawing that Chris was having difficulty with was the drawing of the chicken thigh on the box. Also, that part that is in italics may indicate that you are choking.

D'oh. I cut and paste, which contributed to the misattribution. I am sorry.

I am curious, though: why would you feel uncomfortable asking if the box was the reason the strip was delayed? It seems like a perfectly reasonable curiousity. I assumed incorrectly, though I remain curious.
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: Nabubrush on November 03, 2004, 12:59:27 am
Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Your attribution was incorrect. Also, you misread my post. I wasn't looking to criticize. I was actually just going to idly wonder if the drawing that Chris was having difficulty with was the drawing of the chicken thigh on the box. Also, that part that is in italics may indicate that you are choking.

D'oh. I cut and paste, which contributed to the misattribution. I am sorry.

I am curious, though: why would you feel uncomfortable asking if the box was the reason the strip was delayed? It seems like a perfectly reasonable curiousity. I assumed incorrectly, though I remain curious.

It's just this mysterious hold that Chris has over me. Is more of a sickness, really.

Actually, I didn't want my curiosity to be mis-perceived as criticism, and also I am more willing to have everyone else on this board waste their time reading my mundane post than I am for Chris to squander valuable funny-making time.
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: palm trees on November 03, 2004, 03:00:13 am
this strip nearly made me cry.
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: V-Adore on November 03, 2004, 04:02:49 am
This is such a sad thing.

Wombat is very right about the pose; it really takes me a minute to realize that being curled up like that is a totally normal thing for a cat to be doing, such as would not make me terrified or uncomfortable if I came home and saw my cat doing it, but for a human (and thus for Beef) makes me want to scoop him up and give him a hug. It's a strange guideline as to just how much we anthropomorphicize these characters, I suppose.
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: Mr Trout on November 03, 2004, 04:09:25 am
I love the fact that "Quality" on the box is trademarked. It struck me in a really funny way.
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: CortJstr on November 03, 2004, 04:11:38 am
Quote from: "Mr Trout"
I love the fact that "Quality" on the box is trademarked. It struck me in a really funny way.

There needs to be a tiny "Serving Suggestion" since I doubt there's actually a lemon wedge in there. Those misleading bastards
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: Turbo Ninja on November 03, 2004, 02:59:31 pm
Alright, I'll ask:

Chris, was it the box of chicken thighs that took you longer than expected?

Because it was totally worth it.  Little nuance-y things like that are what makes Achewood (the strip, not the place) what it is.  I spent more time looking at that single panel than reading the entire balance of the strip.  Thank you for your perseverance.
Title: Welcome to Hell!
Post by: Howdy Moody on November 03, 2004, 10:35:05 pm
Looks like Roast Beef is on his way to getting another 82 Subaru Brat!
H.M.
Title: Nov 02-CLIK
Post by: Chris Onstad on November 04, 2004, 08:32:19 am
Yes, at about five minutes to noon I decided to draw a fairly detailed box of chicken thighs in white gravy, and that sort of thing usually eats up an extra hour.