The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: slink on November 05, 2004, 01:35:08 pm

Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: slink on November 05, 2004, 01:35:08 pm
This is how I want to go.
That is all.


OK, maybe not quite, but I like the idea of such a non denominational and unfussy method of disposal. I think I might end up burying myself. I'd want to be used as fertiliser for Pot, but no one would want to smoke it then... Despite the additional THC I could lend to it, just like Kieth's hair!
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: andalucia on November 05, 2004, 01:42:34 pm
This strip has got to be one of my new faves, although it shouldn't make me this happy to know to what extent I think like a depressed cartoon cat.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: Steve Hogan on November 05, 2004, 01:55:30 pm
I want to be flash frozen and shot into space.  Aliens will repair me and I will return to earth like "V'Ger" in STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE all giant cloudy and confused.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: Bozack on November 05, 2004, 02:11:50 pm
God, yes, this is a new classic. And A&Ws, dude! That place rules!
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: CortJstr on November 05, 2004, 02:15:50 pm
I want to be buried vertically with a tree planted over me.

I've been reading too much Dune.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: arkabee on November 05, 2004, 02:38:23 pm
i have not thought of an A&W restaraunt in too long.  my soul rejoices that they still exist if only in the comic strip world.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: wombat on November 05, 2004, 02:58:01 pm
It may be too late for me to get married in a donut shop like Nabu did, but if I could look forward to a funeral service half as beautiful as this, all is not lost.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: Nabubrush on November 05, 2004, 03:21:02 pm
After reading the strip, the one thing I definitely wantde was the lady exclaiming "Fuck THIS guy!" It's funny, because my wife and I were recently talking about the final resting place, and what was the least wasteful and most earth-friendly way to do it. If a person is buried (in say a cheap, untreated pine box), it seems like they would become 'fertilizer' quicker. I guess the by-products of cremation are maybe mostly good for the earth, too, or at least not harmful. But now I have to make sure to tell her to include the huge sassy black lady.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: Nabubrush on November 05, 2004, 04:39:21 pm
Your former avatar was something I enjoyed a great deal, but I guess it is your right to change it.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: V-Adore on November 05, 2004, 05:19:11 pm
Like all 21-year-olds everywhere, my current plans involve never dying. I hope that one day I can actualize this, perhaps through Science.

That said, the bowling-alley thing has potential if my plans fail and I do in fact shuffle off this mortal coil.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: CortJstr on November 05, 2004, 05:20:31 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
After reading the strip, the one thing I definitely wantde was the lady exclaiming "Fuck THIS guy!" It's funny, because my wife and I were recently talking about the final resting place, and what was the least wasteful and most earth-friendly way to do it. If a person is buried (in say a cheap, untreated pine box), it seems like they would become 'fertilizer' quicker.

My thoughts exactly. You can also have your ashed mixed into concrete and turned into seed reefs for coral.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: JorgeFabregas on November 05, 2004, 06:09:37 pm
This strip is one of the best Achewoods ever. Poetry.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 05, 2004, 06:37:26 pm
In Hawaii, we have these brand-new, really clean A & Ws that are sort of connected to Long John Silvers.

I like rootbeer floats.

I want my ashes sculpted into the shape of a hand giving the finger and then embedded into a clear bowling ball.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: Mantonio on November 05, 2004, 10:47:47 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Like all 21-year-olds everywhere, my current plans involve never dying. I hope that one day I can actualize this, perhaps through Science.

That said, the bowling-alley thing has potential if my plans fail and I do in fact shuffle off this mortal coil.


Being older and wiser at 26, I've lowered the expectations I have for Science. I'll be happy if Science allows me to live 150-200 years.

Also, the whole Death and Bowling element of this strip reminds me so much of Donny from The Big Lebowski.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: Silverberg on November 05, 2004, 11:10:27 pm
Lovely strip.

Does Beef always not have nipples?
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: Noah on November 06, 2004, 12:10:03 am
Yeah, it's always been that way. Only Ray has nipples.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: V-Adore on November 06, 2004, 06:24:10 pm
The fast-food stuff's been split off. 'cause, y'know, I have to at least pretend I'm modding around here.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: filas on November 08, 2004, 11:13:47 am
Quote from: "Mantonio"

Being older and wiser at 26, I've lowered the expectations I have for Science. I'll be happy if Science allows me to live 150-200 years.

Also, the whole Death and Bowling element of this strip reminds me so much of Donny from The Big Lebowski.


Mantonio, i feel as though i wrote this myself.  
what we need more of is Science, indeed.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: side_show on November 08, 2004, 04:41:57 pm
This is one of the best strips I've read in ages.  I laughed so hard.  I love inapropriate swearing so much.

True story:  in the technical rehearsal for one of the shows at the feminist theatre festival I just directed for, we had just set all the light and sound cues (with great difficulty and annoyance due to board glitches and a technician in training), and were about to run them.  As we were about to go, I loudly shouted: "LET'S PUT THIS BITCH IN THE GROUND!" There was a pause and dead stunned silence as all the other feminists stared at me, then everyone broke out into uncontrolable laughter.  This has since become my catch phrase of the moment.

Who says bitches don't have a sense of humour?
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: CortJstr on November 08, 2004, 05:33:18 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
True story:  in the technical rehearsal for one of the shows at the feminist theatre festival I just directed for, we had just set all the light and sound cues (with great difficulty and annoyance due to board glitches and a technician in training), and were about to run them.  As we were about to go, I loudly shouted: "LET'S PUT THIS BITCH IN THE GROUND!" There was a pause and dead stunned silence as all the other feminists stared at me, then everyone broke out into uncontrolable laughter.  This has since become my catch phrase of the moment.

Who says bitches don't have a sense of humour?

I know your pain. I was at the Feminist Majority on election night and made this mistake of yelling at the TV guy to "stop bitching about not having any numbers, just release the exit polls." Luckily the FM president had just left the room. Later their receptionist called an anchor a cock-tease when he started to call a state then didn't. Good times.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: slink on November 08, 2004, 05:36:51 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
"LET'S PUT THIS BITCH IN THE GROUND!"


Superb! If only our Canadianist feminist was there for that one!
That is all.
Title: Fuck THIS guy - 04 Nov '04
Post by: side_show on November 08, 2004, 05:41:09 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "side_show"
"LET'S PUT THIS BITCH IN THE GROUND!"


Superb! If only our Canadianist feminist was there for that one!
That is all.


I have no idea what you mean by this Slink.  I am confused.  And slightly dehydrated.