The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Franz. on November 08, 2004, 02:17:25 pm

Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: Franz. on November 08, 2004, 02:17:25 pm
Dear Mistah Onstad

Does the spaghetti tank contain built-in bra-style support, or must one bring one's own? Sales (well, one sale, actually) depend on the answer to this question.

Thanking you, you most venerable of graphic artists and comedic authors, &c, &c,

[ Franz. ]
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: AugustWest on November 08, 2004, 02:31:04 pm
I understand what this post is about now, but I must say that at first it was invoking some interesting visuals.  A tank full of spaghetti, held up by support system composed of bras.
Title: Re: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: andalucia on November 08, 2004, 05:00:52 pm
Quote from: "Franz."
Does the spaghetti tank contain built-in bra-style support...?


Do they usually?  That sounds deeply unpleasant.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: Nabubrush on November 08, 2004, 05:02:16 pm
They don't have underwires or anything, but they do often have padded cups built in.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: V-Adore on November 08, 2004, 05:02:26 pm
I've only seen built-in "bra-style support" in, like, tank-style swimsuit tops; if they make regular tank tops that way, I haven't seen them, and I agree that it seems fairly pointless and uncomfortable in a garment where you could just wear a bra underneath (unlike swimsuits, where you can't). Man, make it strapless if you have to.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: Nabubrush on November 08, 2004, 05:06:31 pm
Obviously I don't have any personal wearing type of experience (and it wouldn't be helpful if I did) but my wife swears by these. So I guess it's maybe a case-by-case basis type thing.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: CortJstr on November 08, 2004, 05:35:14 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I've only seen built-in "bra-style support" in, like, tank-style swimsuit tops; if they make regular tank tops that way, I haven't seen them, and I agree that it seems fairly pointless and uncomfortable in a garment where you could just wear a bra underneath (unlike swimsuits, where you can't). Man, make it strapless if you have to.

My SO has camisoles that have built ins. And those look an awful lot like tank tops to my untrained eye.
Title: Re: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: Chris Onstad on November 08, 2004, 09:41:06 pm
Quote from: "Franz."
Does the spaghetti tank contain built-in bra-style support, or must one bring one's own? Sales (well, one sale, actually) depend on the answer to this question.


The spaghetti tank does not have any interior lining or support. You can find more information at the manufacturer's website: http://www.americanapparelstore.com/4311.html

Thanks for asking.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: ndpatel on November 08, 2004, 10:33:46 pm
girl clothes are mysterious and wonderful.

thank you for your time.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: V-Adore on November 09, 2004, 12:03:01 am
Camisoles I guess I can also see, although my personal camisole experience has not involved such contraptions; speaking from my experience, this whole "built-in bra" thing only happens on clothes for which it would be impossible or pointless to wear an additional bra (swimwear, lingerie). Tank tops, for all of their difficulties in this regard, are bra-capable.

Has your lady friend considered strapless bras, Franz.? They do work wonders.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 09, 2004, 12:35:39 am
Well, this is a spaghetti-tank though. You would have to wear a strapless bra, although I have noticed also the young ladies now often wear these bras with clear straps that although shiny are a lot less noticeable.

Mostly, I'm just in this discussion because I dig boobs.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: ndpatel on November 09, 2004, 12:57:55 am
an unrelated, but personally hilarious story:

when i was a young lad, my friends and i would often travel to a movie theater some 30 minutes away in oak creek.

there, it seemed, the fashion was for young ladies to see how many spaghetti straps they could wear at any given time--five tank tops, three brightly colored bras, maybe some loose hanging straps just to make up numbers.

even though they were wearing more clothes than the ladies we usually hung out with, we found these strap-adorned harlots to be the bee's goddamned knees.

so don't knock the bestrapped. at one point in 1997, in oak creek, wisconsin, i wanted to go out with them.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: AugustWest on November 09, 2004, 03:25:59 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Mostly, I'm just in this discussion because I dig boobs.


Dude, how many times are you going to tell us that you're a Republican?
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 09, 2004, 05:38:10 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Mostly, I'm just in this discussion because I dig boobs.


Dude, how many times are you going to tell us that you're a Republican?


Until you all acknowledge the Boob Mandate.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: AugustWest on November 09, 2004, 05:51:13 am
Acknowledged -- the boobs won.  That doesn't make 'em right.  They're still boobs.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: Franz. on November 09, 2004, 06:09:45 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Has your lady friend considered strapless bras, Franz.? They do work wonders.


Yeah, but it's my understanding that they're quite uncomfortable, depending on one's breast size. (My experience in the field of having breasts is limited to never.)

Personally, I don't mind visible bra straps when a girl is wearing such an item. I think it's kind of like being able to see the top of the panties above the jeans. It's a sexy suggestion, fashion faux pas be damned.

As for my question, though, I guess I just don't know the difference between a camisole and a tanktop, although my girl sometimes wears tank-looking-tops that have, while not a bra cup, a separate internal elastic lining for her breast region. Regardless, I am ordering a Philippe for America one in the morning, when I hope to be sober enough to read the digits on my credit card.

(Oh, and as an aside, V-Adore, thank you for properly punctuating my username. I have just finished tending bar for fourteen hours straight [sic], my feet are contemplating mutiny, my right frontal lobe is already asleep, but that made me laugh.)

In any case, I remain, as ever, your most humble servant, and desire as pleasant a sleep for you as I expect I am about to enjoy, &c, &c,

[ Franz. ]
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: V-Adore on November 09, 2004, 06:13:52 am
The difference between a camisole and a tank top is basically that a camisole is an item of lingerie -- that is, an undergarment -- and a tank top is an item of outerwear. Thus, you can wear a bra under a tank top (and probably should), but wearing a bra under a camisole is mildly strange and sort of redundant.

That said, hey, at the end of the day it's your lady friend's tank top. If she prefers to wear it as an undershirt (or, hell, if she prepares to wear it on her head and dance), it's all good.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: Franz. on November 09, 2004, 06:15:22 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
That said, hey, at the end of the day it's your lady friend's tank top. If she prefers to wear it as an undershirt (or, hell, if she prepares to wear it on her head and dance), it's all good.


Hear, hear.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: CortJstr on November 09, 2004, 06:30:09 am
Quote from: "Franz."
Personally, I don't mind visible bra straps when a girl is wearing such an item. I think it's kind of like being able to see the top of the panties above the jeans. It's a sexy suggestion, fashion faux pas be damned.

When its a thong that is known as "whale tail"

I am all for female board members wearing their achewear in non-standard ways and providing pictures.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: ndpatel on November 09, 2004, 07:12:34 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"

When its a thong that is known as "whale tail"


if i were still in college i would enjoy going up before the social science committee and proposing a phd thesis on the correllation between the emergence of low rise jeans and the sudden popularity of camera phones.
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: Bozack on November 09, 2004, 07:52:14 am
Quote from: "ndpatel"

if i were still in college i would enjoy going up before the social science committee and proposing a phd thesis on the correllation between the emergence of low rise jeans and the sudden popularity of camera phones.


I like to think I'm carrying on this spirit. Next week, I'll be turning in an 8-page semiotic analysis based entirely on the internet meme of doing a Lynndie (http://badgas.co.uk/lynndie/).
Title: The Spaghetti Tank and its relative bra-ness
Post by: andalucia on November 09, 2004, 12:40:13 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
I like to think I'm carrying on this spirit. Next week, I'll be turning in an 8-page semiotic analysis based entirely on the internet meme of doing a Lynndie (http://badgas.co.uk/lynndie/).


Good lord, that's awfully reminescent of, oh, all the assignments I have to do in my capacity as a cultural studies major.  
As for the underwear above ##### phenomenon, I am mortally opposed to it, as it is a stylistic choice imposed by idiots on the entire girl-##### market, as said ##### are now nigh on inescapable.