The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: ferocious j on November 11, 2004, 09:12:50 pm
-
I need to know how many people tried to email Philippe!@aol.com just now.
Also, what other uses Philippe might conceivably have for an "emergency" credit card. Because that's almost too adorable to stand.
-
I thought that Philippe didn't want to wear uncomfortable shirts any more.
Also, excellent facial expressions for Philippe.
-
OK, so Philippe really does need some instruction here. But, Teodor, the eyebrows. He's only five.
-
It bounced.
:(
-
Originally I had thought that the stuffed animals didn't age in the traditional sense. But then there was the strip with Teodor's parents (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10292003) which threw that out the window.
Considering who Philippe lives with I'd say the main reason he needs an emergency credit card is bail.
[edited to include the link]
-
heh, SmileBucks®.
That is precicely something Philippe would sign up for.
I must also chip in my appreciation for the facial expressions. The drawn out tension created with the multiple panels is hillarious.
-
Why is a five year old otter living with no achnowleged custodian and an emergency credit card while Mom is still living elsewhere and there's a stepdad?
*ahem*
Because he's an otter!!!
Jeeeeeez everybody, it's a comic strip! I just learnt to suspend my disbelief.
I probably would have left out that he had a credit card, but then he ran for President!!
-
Do services actually exist on the internets whereby you pay money to be subscribed to Spam mailing lists?
If so, God Bless Capitalism.
-
Do services actually exist on the internets whereby you pay money to be subscribed to Spam mailing lists?
If so, God Bless Capitalism.
Yeah, that mystifying setup was my favourite part of the strip.
-
question the basic setting of Achewood.
Infidel!!! Traitor!!!
-
Originally I had thought that the stuffed animals didn't age in the traditional sense. But then there was the strip with Teodor's parents (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10292003) which threw that out the window.
there are also several strips with ray and beef as young (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01272004) skaters. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01262004)
plus it was tina's birthday (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03012002) a couple times--still my favorite strip, because i think when i was in high school i definitely used the "come on, baby, it's a mustang!" line a few times.
wait, dude, aren't you the one that usually does this sort of thing? daaaaaaamn.
-
Originally I had thought that the stuffed animals didn't age in the traditional sense. But then there was the strip with Teodor's parents (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10292003) which threw that out the window.
there are also several strips with ray and beef as young (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01272004) skaters. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01262004)
plus it was tina's birthday (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03012002) a couple times--still my favorite strip, because i think when i was in high school i definitely used the "come on, baby, it's a mustang!" line a few times.
Yeah but Ray, Beef, and Tina are all real cats not stuffed animals.
-
Yeah but Ray, Beef, and Tina are all real cats not stuffed animals.
pwnd
i salute you, sir.
-
Hey, sometimes suspending all that disbeleif gets a little heavy, y'know.
::runs from angry villagers with torches, farm implements::
::angry villagers light farm implements with torches, rip Asherdan a few new ones::
-
I wonder if there had been messageboards during A.A. Milne's lifetime, would he have gotten all these questions?
"Is Pooh really a stuffed toy? If so, how does he eat the honey?"
-
I wonder if there had been messageboards during A.A. Milne's lifetime, would he have gotten all these questions?
"Is Pooh really a stuffed toy? If so, how does he eat the honey?"
Overanalyzing is half the fun. The nature of the the animals is like our version of "where is Springfield", "does the family understand the baby", or "so can the wrestlers not see the camera crew while discussing their evil plot"
-
"Is Pooh really a stuffed toy? If so, how does he eat the honey?"
The entire Pooh canon was a figment of Christopher Robin's imagination. Kinda like St. Elsewhere.
-
I dunno, I can suspend disbelief about the whole "how are the stuffed animals alive" thing, but I do wonder why precisely Philippe lives with them and not with his mother. It seems like the sort of thing that should have a diagetic explanation (and very well might in the Serializer strips, for all I know), so that's what I'm curious about -- I understand that the non-diagetic answer is "because he had to be written into the strip somehow," but that begs the question of "why establish a mother and not resolve her? Why not just have him order himself Speaker Sneakers? He has a credit card!"
-
Perhaps the guest strip wherein Philippe is cruelly treated by his mother had more shades of truth than we had previously thought, and he is not allowed by law to live with her.
Alternatively, she thought the time was right for young Philippe to go out into the world and make his fortune.
-
This is why Phillipe doesn't live with his mother. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03312003)
-
I suspect that Phillippe was picked up in a store by Onstad when he (Phillippe) was in full-on stuffed-animal mode. And Onstad is one of the few humans blessed with the knowledge that THEY'RE REALLY ALIVE
Also, I feel compelled to point out that Phillippe being only five didn't prevent him from getting his freak on with Ultra Peanut (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04092002).
-
she thought the time was right for young Philippe to go out into the world and make his fortune.
Male sea otters reach sexual maturity around 4-5 years of age. I'd assume they would be encouraged to leave their mother at around 1 or 2 years, so that she can get on with the business of raising more little otters.
That wouldn't mean that they are emotionally or intellectual mature, though--have you ever seen an otter when they're doing anything other than eating or sleeping? They are spazzes.
-
"Is Pooh really a stuffed toy? If so, how does he eat the honey?"
The entire Pooh canon was a figment of Christopher Robin's imagination. Kinda like St. Elsewhere.
Was it like a dream? Did he wake up one day and Patrick Duffy wasn't dead, but instead naked in his shower?
-
"Is Pooh really a stuffed toy? If so, how does he eat the honey?"
The entire Pooh canon was a figment of Christopher Robin's imagination. Kinda like St. Elsewhere.
Was it like a dream? Did he wake up one day and Patrick Duffy wasn't dead, but instead naked in his shower?
What's "Family Guy"?