The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: cellardoor on November 12, 2004, 08:56:31 am

Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: cellardoor on November 12, 2004, 08:56:31 am
Do it Beef! Do it!
It's about time Pat got a slap.
Perfect of Beef to only now get wound up.
I think Weldon and Beef might end up as a semi-permanent fixture.
Plus, salad as a "reward". Hahaha, I hate you Pat, I really do.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: foolio on November 12, 2004, 10:32:55 am
It's good to see Beef actually take a stand for once.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Steve Hogan on November 12, 2004, 01:44:01 pm
Trust Beef to get totally bonded to a thing made out of plastic and circuit boards.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: CortJstr on November 12, 2004, 02:01:52 pm
Weldon! Pat . . . is . . . fine!
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: arkabee on November 12, 2004, 02:21:43 pm
this may be the best strip ever.

except that i don't want to think about "fluff my hog" any more.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: V-Adore on November 12, 2004, 03:07:54 pm
The rewriting of this insult is totally Beefian -- I like his refinement of the statement without actually saying anything to clear up the whole "fluff my hog" thing. Also, Pat being hit can never be a bad thing, I think.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Formica on November 12, 2004, 05:10:18 pm
Awesome
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Gimpson on November 12, 2004, 05:18:31 pm
Damn, I just love Furious Beef.  He doesn't show up all that often, but when he does, he's golden.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Mantonio on November 12, 2004, 05:23:56 pm
Awsome! Way to show some long choad, Beef.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: jough on November 12, 2004, 06:01:57 pm
Beef is finally going to take the out the rage that has been building up inside of him on Pat.  Pretty soon Beef will be fuck*ng Pat up the ass, calling him "Molly," and asking "Is it safe?  Is it safe?"
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Nabubrush on November 12, 2004, 06:46:39 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Beef is finally going to take the out the rage that has been building up inside of him on Pat.  Pretty soon Beef will be fuck*ng Pat up the ass, calling him "Molly," and asking "Is it safe?  Is it safe?"

Yowch. I think the point was already made with 'fluff my hog', wasn't it?

And by that I mean the point of disturbing the reader, not the point of the specific action.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: miles on November 12, 2004, 06:49:47 pm
Beef wants blood
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Bozack on November 12, 2004, 09:02:57 pm
Yeah, Pat saying "Come along." and Beef physically shaking him is the Greatest Thing.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Pedro Picasso on November 12, 2004, 09:18:05 pm
I keep coming back to this strip.  It's so .. fuck*ng .. funny.  That world.  It's a harsh world to live in.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: ferocious j on November 12, 2004, 09:23:18 pm
It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one.  I've re-read this strip at least seven or eight times today, which is way more than usual.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: AugustWest on November 12, 2004, 09:35:24 pm
I can't decide who's goofier -- Pat for thinking the metal and plastic dog is somehow filthy like a real dog (can be) or Beef for being so emotionally attached to the metal and plastic dog.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Silverberg on November 12, 2004, 09:39:30 pm
When in doubt, always assume Pat's being the bigger asshat.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Formica on November 12, 2004, 10:30:04 pm
Quote from: "Silverberg"
When in doubt, always assume Pat's being the bigger asshat.

Moreover, Beef's attachment to his metal-and-plastic USB device is easy to look past; he's lonely, slightly schitzophrenic, got hella depression, and a technology nut. Becoming attached to his device-cum-pet seems not only reasonable in his circumstance, but predictable.

Indeed, it might because of that very attachment that, whereas in the past Beef would gladly put up with PAt's assholiness, Beef's inner anger at Pat for being the supreme dickhead that he is finds a channel in his disregard for the Sony branded artificial companion.

Let's just hope Beef never gets a RealDoll.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: arkabee on November 12, 2004, 10:53:51 pm
Quote from: "Formica"

Let's just hope Beef never gets a RealDoll.


i imagine beef burying the realdoll, and the police being called as Pat watches from a balcony in some insane rehash of the rear window.

monday's strip: i forsee pat killing either beef or the dog.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Formica on November 12, 2004, 10:57:06 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
monday's strip: i forsee pat killing either beef or the dog.

Mein gott, it's all a setup to get Beef and Molly in heaven again.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: filas on November 12, 2004, 11:15:43 pm
YEAH BEEF, YEAH!!!![/b]

Quote from: "Bozack"
Yeah, Pat saying "Come along." and Beef physically shaking him is the Greatest Thing.


this is really on point, i sort of took Pat' demeanor for granted and thought Beef was just mad about the dog, which he is, but there is a point just before the 1st hog fluff where Pat gets condescending towards Beef, not just the dog.  

"...a world where the only activity that exists is tasting my hog."
wow.  i'm not trying to live in that world

i'm not sure Pat will try to mess with Beef or Weldon.  i mean, i think he's pretty scared of Beef, maybe too scared to do anything about it.  I mean, Pat doesn't see this side of Beef too often, if ever, so he's gotta be thinking 'who knows what this crazy ass will do to me?'  plus i could see ray getting pretty upset with pat for it, and Mr. Smuckles is not a good person to have as your enemy.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: filas on November 13, 2004, 11:37:41 am
say. . . can anybody help me with this?
i've had a problem following Pat's character development.  when did he turn from one of the dirtiest dudes in town to a strait-laced prick?  he acts like he never held it down with the trio smoking squares or saying stuff like "it was real mellow, dig."

also, on the "talkin about bonin" strip - i love that ray isn't speaking in the last panel, just repeating the bonin' move.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: V-Adore on November 13, 2004, 05:20:24 pm
Quote from: "filas"
say. . . can anybody help me with this?
i've had a problem following Pat's character development.  when did he turn from one of the dirtiest dudes in town to a strait-laced prick?  he acts like he never held it down with the trio smoking squares or saying stuff like "it was real mellow, dig."

also, on the "talkin about bonin" strip - i love that ray isn't speaking in the last panel, just repeating the bonin' move.

I think it was a gradual progression after the "... Boned?" strip, (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02262002) which is sort of the first glimpse we see of Pat having a personality besides 'dirtiest dude.' I could definitely see him becoming more brittle as Ray proves repeatedly unable to learn and not make fun of him about his tastes; Pat seems very much like the sort of person who would be reactive about his dickishness to me.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: jen on November 14, 2004, 02:17:54 am
so have any of you ever woken up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, terrified as you come to the realization that you spend way too much of your life analyzing and overanalyzing an online comic strip about talking animals/toys?

character development?
for the love of
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: V-Adore on November 14, 2004, 02:36:06 am
Man, why waste time reading (and waste money buying merchandise for) something you don't think about?

Besides, I enjoy thinking about things. It is useful and interesting.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: slink on November 14, 2004, 03:54:02 am
Quote from: "jen"
so have any of you ever woken up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, terrified as you come to the realization that you spend way too much of your life analyzing and overanalyzing an online comic strip about talking animals/toys?


Yes. That's what worries me...

Not death, war, famine, communism and pestilence (the five hossmen...).
For what it's worth, I like having something more mundane to think about.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Silverberg on November 14, 2004, 06:22:42 am
Quote from: "jen"
so have any of you ever woken up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, terrified as you come to the realization that you spend way too much of your life analyzing and overanalyzing an online comic strip about talking animals/toys?

character development?
for the love of


Nope. Onstad's a fuck*ng excellent storyteller.

Next question?
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: AugustWest on November 14, 2004, 06:31:56 am
Please tell us what we should be analyzing and overanalyzing.

I, for one, would really like to know.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Va on November 14, 2004, 04:19:10 pm
What's with people de-lurking just to make snide comments?  Hey "jen", if that's how you feel, why the hell are you posting here?
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: arkabee on November 14, 2004, 04:25:24 pm
Quote from: "filas"

i'm not sure Pat will try to mess with Beef or Weldon.  i mean, i think he's pretty scared of Beef, maybe too scared to do anything about it.  I mean, Pat doesn't see this side of Beef too often, if ever, so he's gotta be thinking 'who knows what this crazy ass will do to me?'  plus i could see ray getting pretty upset with pat for it, and Mr. Smuckles is not a good person to have as your enemy.


i can't imagine Pat being capable of seeing anything from anyone else's point of view.

Quote from: "jen"
so have any of you ever woken up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, terrified as you come to the realization that you spend way too much of your life analyzing and overanalyzing an online comic strip about talking animals/toys?

character development?
for the love of


no, i have not, since no, i do not.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Nabubrush on November 14, 2004, 06:41:57 pm
Quote from: "jen"
so have any of you ever woken up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, terrified as you come to the realization that you spend way too much of your life analyzing and overanalyzing an online comic strip about talking animals/toys?

character development?
for the love of

It appears that you joined to ask someone to find the source of the line "What we need more of . . . is science" - maybe you should not throw stones at the folks who post here to discuss the literature that is Achewood. I, for one, think it is no more unusual to discuss the character development of Pat than it is to discuss that of the Old Man, Raskalnikov, or I don't know, Luke Skywalker. Or, for that matter, Snap, Crackle, and Pop.

However, there is room in this forum for 'foils' if you know what I mean. Just be careful.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: sailor on November 14, 2004, 07:20:33 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I, for one, think it is no more unusual to discuss the character development of Pat than it is to discuss that of the Old Man, Raskalnikov, or I don't know, Luke Skywalker. Or, for that matter, Snap, Crackle, and Pop.



I ve actually been curious about snap, crackle and pop.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: slink on November 14, 2004, 08:56:16 pm
Quote from: "sailor"

I ve actually been curious about snap, crackle and pop.


Clearly all about drugs.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 15, 2004, 12:51:17 am
I thought that they were gay.

A trio of gay elves serving me breakfast and singing songs would make <My> day.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Mr Trout on November 15, 2004, 05:22:43 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I thought that they were gay.

A trio of gay elves serving me breakfast and singing songs would make <My> day.


Stop polluting the memories of my childhood friends!



I actually have a 3 foot tall prop box of Rice Crispies along with a 3 foot tall cutout of Pop. This was in my dorm in college, and I must say, many obscene things were done with the cutout in the name of humor.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Gimpson on November 16, 2004, 02:57:40 pm
I was just browsing the archives, and I had completely forgotten that Pat has a perfectly good reason (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11202002) to distrust AIBOs.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: arkabee on November 16, 2004, 07:55:48 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
I was just browsing the archives, and I had completely forgotten that Pat has a perfectly good reason (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11202002) to distrust AIBOs.


good find.  that would explain his reaction to beef's little buddy.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: CortJstr on November 16, 2004, 08:21:33 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "Gimpson"
I was just browsing the archives, and I had completely forgotten that Pat has a perfectly good reason (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11202002) to distrust AIBOs.

good find.  that would explain his reaction to beef's little buddy.

This is what I get for not CJing things (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=28652#28652).
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Gimpson on November 16, 2004, 08:23:52 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
This is what I get for not CJing things (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=28652#28652).


Damn...  It appears I should still be lurking.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: CortJstr on November 16, 2004, 09:01:35 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
This is what I get for not CJing things (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=28652#28652).

Damn...  It appears I should still be lurking.

Or you could just committ every post to memory. Actually that would be a good idea for everybody.

Come on, people. I want to see SNPP (http://www.snpp.com) levels of fan geekery around here. Let's go!
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: CortJstr on November 16, 2004, 09:49:43 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
That link just yanked the emergency stop cord on my productivity bus, CJ.

Shucks.

Actually if you look carefully I'm a contributor on 4 or 5 of the capsules. Usually for the TV Guide synopsis.
Title: 12-11-04 The only activity that exists is tasting my hog
Post by: Nabubrush on November 19, 2004, 05:11:13 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
That link just yanked the emergency stop cord on my productivity bus, CJ.

Shucks.

Actually if you look carefully I'm a contributor on 4 or 5 of the capsules. Usually for the TV Guide synopsis.

I have spent a lot of time there, and I know, somewhere deep down in the animal part of my brain, a knowledge of your connection was hiding.