The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: starlight on November 15, 2004, 12:42:12 pm

Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: starlight on November 15, 2004, 12:42:12 pm
I had a feeling Pat would be wanting to kill beef after that last remark.. of course, I was hoping maybe I'd be wrong.

In heaven without Molly would be pretty weird, no?

Maybe Ray'll prevent it...
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: cellardoor on November 15, 2004, 01:01:09 pm
Pat attempts to steal Ray's gun.
Ray kills Pat in self-defense
Pat goes to a special hell for arseholes.

I reckon.
I love Pat's reaction, so indignant, such a nugget!
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: CortJstr on November 15, 2004, 02:10:24 pm
Pat's on a rampage; hide the rollerskates!
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: V-Adore on November 15, 2004, 03:09:05 pm
I like how gosh-darn conciliatory Ray is about the whole thing -- he doesn't discard Pat's request out of hand, the way most of us would if asked by a fugitive to lend him a gun so he could shoot our best friend and such. He's working through it.

(It's also sort of nice to see Ray acknowledge somehow that Beef is his friend. This really doesn't happen all that often.)
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: CortJstr on November 15, 2004, 03:59:05 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
(It's also sort of nice to see Ray acknowledge somehow that Beef is his friend. This really doesn't happen all that often.)

Well he was willing to become Lung Brothers with him. And ain't nothin' more special than Lung Brothers.
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: slink on November 15, 2004, 04:12:48 pm
STAY OFF THE BEACH, PAT!
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: filas on November 15, 2004, 05:37:11 pm
okay.  i am a man and not a boy.  so i will admit that i was wrong.  i thought pat was going to be scared shitless when beef flipped on him way off beef's usual lines such as "well...uh...please don't say that pat .. . my dog .. is nice are you are not being so uh such as ..."
i thought Pat's regular thought would be to shoot/sue anybody that insulted him except in this case.  

just to reiterate:  ain't nothin' more special than Lung Brothers
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 15, 2004, 06:43:56 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I like how gosh-darn conciliatory Ray is about the whole thing -- he doesn't discard Pat's request out of hand, the way most of us would if asked by a fugitive to lend him a gun so he could shoot our best friend and such. He's working through it.

(It's also sort of nice to see Ray acknowledge somehow that Beef is his friend. This really doesn't happen all that often.)


Conciliatory? I took Ray's remark to indicate he needed something in return for sealing his best friend's doom. That seems more faciliatory to me...I would have hoped it would have taken more than a Hickory Farms Executive Sampler to buy a felony off Ray. Then again, it's not like he <needs> anything.
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: Nabubrush on November 15, 2004, 06:49:09 pm
Well, which part does Ray think is the worst? It's almost like it is the breaking the law that bothers him (shades of JP Friday). I kind of read it like Ray wasn't going to break out Tic Tac either way, but was offended that Pat didn't offer anything at all.
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: Steve Hogan on November 15, 2004, 07:12:51 pm
Sometimes beefstick comes before friendship.
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: Nabubrush on November 15, 2004, 07:16:35 pm
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Sometimes beefstick comes before friendship.

And the threat of Beef's stick is what started all of this.
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: V-Adore on November 15, 2004, 07:44:26 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I like how gosh-darn conciliatory Ray is about the whole thing -- he doesn't discard Pat's request out of hand, the way most of us would if asked by a fugitive to lend him a gun so he could shoot our best friend and such. He's working through it.

(It's also sort of nice to see Ray acknowledge somehow that Beef is his friend. This really doesn't happen all that often.)


Conciliatory? I took Ray's remark to indicate he needed something in return for sealing his best friend's doom. That seems more faciliatory to me...I would have hoped it would have taken more than a Hickory Farms Executive Sampler to buy a felony off Ray. Then again, it's not like he <needs> anything.

Well, what I meant was that he was at least attempting to come to some compromise with Pat or explain his noncompliance in a way other than "because you're an asshole and you want to kill Beef." I agree with Nabu in that I don't think Ray ever planned on giving Pat the gun anyway, but he's not exactly bringing the strong sack about it.
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: miles on November 15, 2004, 07:49:53 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
(It's also sort of nice to see Ray acknowledge somehow that Beef is his friend. This really doesn't happen all that often.)

Well he was willing to become Lung Brothers with him. And ain't nothin' more special than Lung Brothers.


Where's the link, man?
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: AugustWest on November 15, 2004, 07:53:05 pm
I didn't think Ray was being conciliatory, I thought he was being sarcastic.  I don't Pat could ever convince Ray to give him Tic-Tac in order to shoot Beef.
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: Choop on November 15, 2004, 08:00:17 pm
...again
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: AugustWest on November 15, 2004, 08:04:30 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
...again


Well, in Ray's defense, he didn't know that Pat intended to shoot Beef(mainly because Pat didn't intend to shoot Beef.)

Why do I get the feeling that we may be seeing Nice Pete soon?
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: arlucasinc on November 15, 2004, 09:02:16 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I didn't think Ray was being conciliatory, I thought he was being sarcastic.  I don't Pat could ever convince Ray to give him Tic-Tac in order to shoot Beef.


Really? You really don't think Ray will give him the gun? I totally wouldn't put it past Ray. I mean seriously. All Pat has to do at this point is say the magic words:

"Summer Sausage and Artificial Smoke Flavored Cheese."

Beef is bound for Heaven for sure. How is Molly going to react?
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: Silverberg on November 15, 2004, 09:11:10 pm
I think people are really underestimating Ray, here. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he is true blue; there's no way in hell that he'd sell out Beef for some beef.

I took his response to Pat in the last frame as a sarcastic remark.
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: CortJstr on November 15, 2004, 09:11:59 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
(It's also sort of nice to see Ray acknowledge somehow that Beef is his friend. This really doesn't happen all that often.)

Well he was willing to become Lung Brothers with him. And ain't nothin' more special than Lung Brothers.

Where's the link, man?

I thought about it but it seemed redundant. That would be like CJing Liquor Cabinet Taste Test. If somebody doesn't know the strip s/he should still be lurking.
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: Pedro Picasso on November 15, 2004, 10:12:05 pm
I was really hoping today would be something along the lines of:

Panel 1: Beef and Pat struggle.  Beef: "I'm telling you, stay away from my dog."

Panel 2: Pat stomps on Weldon crunching him.

Panel 3: "Welcome to hell, Pat.  Here is your 1982 Subaru Brat."

Dear heaven's!  I think I've just committed fan fic!

My Word!  An Aibo Master (http://www.engadget.com/entry/8389631216452518/)!
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: foolio on November 15, 2004, 10:19:08 pm
Does anyone else plan to try out the fantastic idea suggested in Panel 2?
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: Bozack on November 16, 2004, 12:22:52 am
Yeah, I think Ray is just messing with Pat. He learned the hard way last time, man. LUNG BROTHERS!
The greatest thing is Pat saying, "Oh, so you're gonna play THAT card, huh!" Like it's a massive breach of etiquitte not to want to break the law.
Title: Hickory Farms Executive Sampler - 11/15
Post by: miles on November 16, 2004, 02:23:21 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
(It's also sort of nice to see Ray acknowledge somehow that Beef is his friend. This really doesn't happen all that often.)

Well he was willing to become Lung Brothers with him. And ain't nothin' more special than Lung Brothers.

Where's the link, man?

I thought about it but it seemed redundant. That would be like CJing Liquor Cabinet Taste Test. If somebody doesn't know the strip s/he should still be lurking.


Oh, I know the strip.  I'm just lazy.  With a slow connection.