The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Jay! on November 18, 2004, 11:28:19 am

Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: Jay! on November 18, 2004, 11:28:19 am
I have attempted to create a new thread in keeping with the customs and practices of this messageboard.

The first post in a new strip thread was tempting, like a beautifully-wrapped and mysteriously-scented package, and I was unable to resist it.

So, I guess my big question on this strip is:  is Beef's speech pattern in the last panel representative of a return to his normal reticence, or has he crossed through his anger into an open plateau of matter-of-fact badassedness?
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: cellardoor on November 18, 2004, 01:17:22 pm
He's though the "gramma barrier" and living clean on the other side.
Of course, there's a world of guilt coming his way but I also foresee a reunion with Molly.
Beef has finally done it!
All I hear now are choral voices carrying me to sweet, sweet paradise.

its like there is music coming out my ears

Hurrah!
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: Steve Hogan on November 18, 2004, 01:33:06 pm
Quote from: "Roast Beef"
I live in your poolshed now.


(http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/kato_kaelin.jpg)
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 18, 2004, 01:49:01 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"

Of course, there's a world of guilt coming his way but I also foresee a reunion with Molly.


So Molly returns to the trailer and gets attacked my Gramma?
Or Pat, thinking Beef lives there?

I'm still hoping Onstad works the tragedy angle.
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: sensate on November 18, 2004, 02:18:59 pm
Haha. Brilliant, Bobby. Sounds like Pat, who will have his world rearranged by an offscreen Gramma K. who thinks he's Beef. Achewood karma, here we come!
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: arkabee on November 18, 2004, 02:29:13 pm
hoooray!
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 18, 2004, 02:46:41 pm
Quote from: "sensate"
Haha. Brilliant, Bobby. Sounds like Pat, who will have his world rearranged by an offscreen Gramma K. who thinks he's Beef. Achewood karma, here we come!


That would be the perfect tragedy too. Pat, through his wrath and avarice, comes to a terrible fall from grace at the hands of the once-jester and sometimes-villian Gramma K.
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: palm trees on November 18, 2004, 03:12:54 pm
beef and punctuation? 's been a while.
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: CortJstr on November 18, 2004, 05:02:38 pm
Quote from: "palm trees"
beef and punctuation? 's been a while.

You have no idea how stong the urge is to go backwards through the archives to find out exactly how long.

It's a sickness, really.
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: ndpatel on November 18, 2004, 06:10:38 pm
but why the poolshed? why not just move into ray's big damn house?

i guess i don't understand perserving the outward appearance of independence even though you're still kinda imposing.
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: V-Adore on November 18, 2004, 06:32:22 pm
I presume that the poolshed is an intermediate step between leaving the house and finding a better place, i.e. one that isn't Ray's poolshed. The change in speech patterns really represents a newfound forcefulness, and one hopes that Beef will not settle.
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 18, 2004, 07:24:12 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I presume that the poolshed is an intermediate step between leaving the house and finding a better place, i.e. one that isn't Ray's poolshed. The change in speech patterns really represents a newfound forcefulness, and one hopes that Beef will not settle.


Chris, if you are reading, I humbly suggest that Beef gets his new Balls (TM) and gets his own place (TM) and then goes and finds Molly in her new job a la "An Officer and a Gentleman".
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: AugustWest on November 18, 2004, 07:36:11 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I presume that the poolshed is an intermediate step between leaving the house and finding a better place, i.e. one that isn't Ray's poolshed. The change in speech patterns really represents a newfound forcefulness, and one hopes that Beef will not settle.


Chris, if you are reading, I humbly suggest that Beef gets his new Balls (TM) and gets his own place (TM) and then goes and finds Molly in her new job a la "An Officer and a Gentleman".


That's not very tragic.  That's downright heartwarming.  And we all know how painful that can be.
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 18, 2004, 07:46:41 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I presume that the poolshed is an intermediate step between leaving the house and finding a better place, i.e. one that isn't Ray's poolshed. The change in speech patterns really represents a newfound forcefulness, and one hopes that Beef will not settle.


Chris, if you are reading, I humbly suggest that Beef gets his new Balls (TM) and gets his own place (TM) and then goes and finds Molly in her new job a la "An Officer and a Gentleman".


That's not very tragic.  That's downright heartwarming.  And we all know how painful that can be.


The tragedy would be Gramma K and Pat mutually killing each other -- or trying to, and falling in love.

Maybe they can bond over their shared hatred of Laplanders. What's wrong with Laplanders? Why can't they give up their nomadic ways like every other people on earth? Besides, reindeer are filthy. If you're a Laplander, the only decent thing to do would be to renounce your ethnicity and pretend to be a Finn.

I can seriously see them getting tipsy on some jug wine and raging against laplanders. The next panel would be Pat, horrified, to find out that he just made sweet nookie with Gramma K.
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: slink on November 18, 2004, 08:10:25 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

The tragedy would be Gramma K and Pat mutually killing each other -- or trying to, and falling in love.


Everything about this just makes me think of that horrifically disturbing episode of The Simpsons...

Worst. Episode. Ever!

I could CJ it, but well, that is the episode title, and I'm hogging all my own bandwidth...
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: CortJstr on November 18, 2004, 08:36:07 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

The tragedy would be Gramma K and Pat mutually killing each other -- or trying to, and falling in love.

Everything about this just makes me think of that horrifically disturbing episode of The Simpsons...

Worst. Episode. Ever!

I could CJ it, but well, that is the episode title, and I'm hogging all my own bandwidth...

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/CABF08
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: Silverberg on November 18, 2004, 09:35:50 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "palm trees"
beef and punctuation? 's been a while.

You have no idea how stong the urge is to go backwards through the archives to find out exactly how long.

It's a sickness, really.


Might be Beef's conversation about the dog and Survivor (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01112002), but I couldn't say with certainty.
Title: 11/18/04 - 1938 Enos Slaughter Rookie Card
Post by: evan on November 19, 2004, 01:09:46 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Pat has a very literary tragic flaw; namely he is a dick.

hahahahaha

Also, the name of this thread should have been "TAKE IT SLEAZY!"