The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: MSC on August 11, 2003, 01:23:43 pm

Title: Beef the Metrosexual (08-11-03)
Post by: MSC on August 11, 2003, 01:23:43 pm
"I look like some guy who chooses fonts for a living."

Excellent.

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08112003).
Title: Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
Post by: AugustWest on August 11, 2003, 02:21:07 pm
I must concur.  Funniest line in weeks.  Almost makes up for the lack of a Friday strip.  Almost.
Title: Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
Post by: Choop on August 11, 2003, 03:00:13 pm
Ray Eye for the Beef Guy
Title: Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
Post by: ferocious j on August 11, 2003, 06:33:00 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Almost makes up for the lack of a Friday strip.  Almost.

OH BOO HOO I AM ALMOST CRYING

Oh wait look I am still alive and today's strip was good

losers

Presenting the Ultimate Hot or Not List 2k3

HOT: Pretending you're going to vote for Gary Coleman in California's recall election
NOT: Bitch-whining about Onstad's lack of adherence to schedule instead of keeping your damn fool mouth shut after saying something complimentary
Title: Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
Post by: V-Adore on August 11, 2003, 06:39:30 pm
So, back to the actual strip at hand...

This is more or less beautiful, yeah. Probably my favorite detail is the final panel: not just the lovely brain diagram (who says Onstad doesn't draw anything anymore?) but the fact that, even though Beef says he'd be smiling, he's fairly clearly not. Even in his bizarre alterno-Beef fantasies, Beef has existential dislike of himself.

I'm curious to see where Onstad takes this. Will Beef actually go through with it? Will it work? Will Ray, who seems to be having lady troubles of his own lately, get jealous?
Title: Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
Post by: AugustWest on August 11, 2003, 07:29:09 pm
Well, I suppose I'm just NOT then.  Pardon me for expressing my disappointment.  For the record, I complain when I don't get enough sex from my wife, too.  Even if I've had sweaty/incredible/yikes/wow fuckin' the night before.

So, I suck.  Thanks for pointing it out.
Title: Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
Post by: ferocious j on August 11, 2003, 07:41:06 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Probably my favorite detail is the final panel: not just the lovely brain diagram (who says Onstad doesn't draw anything anymore?) but the fact that, even though Beef says he'd be smiling, he's fairly clearly not.

That actually hadn't occurred to me before, and as I look at it now, it causes me to smile anew.
Title: Beef
Post by: satchel on August 12, 2003, 03:39:11 pm
I like Beef’s expressions. Although his face is simple, his emotions are clear.
Title: Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
Post by: CortJstr on August 13, 2003, 01:20:16 am
I'm hoping a dude tries to pick up Beef while he's dressed like that and he's all "I told you so" on Ray and Teador.
Title: Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
Post by: Nabubrush on August 14, 2003, 03:56:54 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I complain when I don't get enough sex from my wife, too.  Even if I've had sweaty/incredible/yikes/wow fuckin' the night before.

As a person who is a few thousand miles away from his SO and likely to be in this same boat for 6 - 9 months I have to say that this is not a good thing. If you are getting sweaty/incredible/yikes/wow fuckin' I think you should be thanking your wife, not complaining - and, indeed, she should also be thanking you.
Title: Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
Post by: AugustWest on August 14, 2003, 05:10:29 am
Well, in two weeks time.  Mrs. West and I will have been married 15 years.  Needless to say, my previous post was entirely based on historical data.
Title: Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
Post by: pmcd9 on August 15, 2003, 06:41:26 am
AUGUSTWEST WRITES:
Quote
Well, in two weeks time. Mrs. West and I will have been married 15 years. Needless to say, my previous post was entirely based on historical data.


Congratulations Mr. West, that's quite an accomplishment.  What is 15 years BTW, isn't that Balsa Wood or Oragami?

Sorry, i'm jealous and bitter because I just Lost my Girlfriend of 6 years (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/PORTRAIT/PAGES/Main.htm).

~Paul[/b]
Title: Aug. 11 - Beef the Metrosexual
Post by: AugustWest on August 15, 2003, 01:19:46 pm
I'm pretty sure that the 15th is the Vodka anniversary.