The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: jough on November 21, 2004, 04:48:42 am

Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: jough on November 21, 2004, 04:48:42 am
Hey kids,

I saw Pixar's latest, The Incredibles tonight and was totally blown away.  I can't remember the last time I just had so much FUN watching a movie.  This film - from the voice work, the story, characters, Bond-inspired music and set design, everything just WORKS.  It's probably the most joyful movie-going experience you could have this year.

Having said that, I don't know if it's "fun for the whole family."  Kids will likely be bored by this film, due to its adult-themes and long running time (a 2-hour animated film will have even the most ritalin-numbed child squirming) but leave the kids with a sitter and go see this one yourselves.

A+++ WOULD DO BUSINESS WITH AGAIN

I would go into more detail, but I try to limit my internet time when I have been drinking.
Title: Re: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: AugustWest on November 21, 2004, 05:55:46 am
Quote from: "jough"
I would go into more detail, but I try to limit my internet time when I have been drinking.


Dang, then I'd never get online.

We haven't seen it yet, but we're planning to.  Also want to see the Spongebob movie.  I consider Spongebob sort of the spiritual heir of Bullwinkle and Rocky.  Same innate silliness, essential goodheartedness and only slightly veiled adult themes.  Plus, the guy's a fry cook.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 21, 2004, 07:47:41 am
We saw The Incredibles the night it opened; it was spectacular.  Great story, great pacing and Pixar has totally outdone itself technically. Everything about this movie is awesome.  

The Star Wars Episode III trailer was good too.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Bozack on November 21, 2004, 08:08:00 am
Yeah, I really, really liked the Incredibles; being a huge comic book/superhero dork, the entire movie was basically made to make me smile.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Ben-San on November 21, 2004, 12:58:16 pm
The Incredibles was just a really excellent movie on a lot of levels. It does appear to be viably fun for the kids, too, at least if the little kid a row or two behind us who had every line memorized was any indicator.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: CortJstr on November 21, 2004, 04:20:46 pm
Dammit people. I really want to hate this movie because Disney made it, but I might end up having to rent it.

Also, I heard the Spongebob movie isn't as fun as the show because it's more linear. Not that it's bad, just different in style a bit.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: jough on November 21, 2004, 06:37:47 pm
Disney did NOT make this film - Pixar made it - Disney only distributes it and has merchandising rights to the characters (they also have sequel rights to make a sequel themselves - which they're planning to do with a Toy Story 3 - shudder).

Pixar has one more film to make in which they are beholden to Disney - next year's "Cars" - and then they're free to make a larger chunk of the profits and to fund their own films.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Va on November 22, 2004, 03:08:31 pm
LOVED IT
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: miles on November 25, 2004, 06:44:19 pm
So the Ayn Rand kids on campus are saying that the Incredibles was heavily influenced by Objectivist philosophy.  Is this the case?  Or, like all cultists, are they just trying to get the world to fit their view?
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 25, 2004, 07:51:49 pm
Sure, everyone knows that no good kids movie can be made without the influence of some kind of fringe philosophy. My five year old grabbed my copy of The Fountainhead as soon as we got home.

College is the place that manufactures by the hundreds those who Karl Marx would call "Useful Idiots".

Stalin. Mao, Kim and other communist revolutionaries to follow were smart enough to kill all the 'intellectuals' first.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: jough on November 25, 2004, 07:51:56 pm
Well, the "message" of The Incredibles is pretty simplistic, so I can't imagine any legitimate philosphy wanting to co-opt it.

Basically the message is that in a society where EVERYONE is supposed to be "special," then really no one is, and that if you have exceptional abilities you should utilise them.

It's not really about rationalising the evils of capitalism, which is basically the crux of Objectivism.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: miles on November 25, 2004, 08:56:37 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Sure, everyone knows that no good kids movie can be made without the influence of some kind of fringe philosophy. My five year old grabbed my copy of The Fountainhead as soon as we got home.

College is the place that manufactures by the hundreds those who Karl Marx would call "Useful Idiots".

Stalin. Mao, Kim and other communist revolutionaries to follow were smart enough to kill all the 'intellectuals' first.


I read the Fountainhead in High School (apparently your kid's a bit precocious).  I heard from a friend that a feminist critic called it (or perhaps all of Rand's novels) a romance novel for intellectuals.  It seems to fit.  Luckily, I'm not an intellectual.  I'm a sensualist, so I take my soft-core porn straight, without any kind of cerebral padding.

As far as Objectivism's point, I saw it mainly as a refuatation of altruism.  You can be a laissez-faire capitalist and a philanthropist, but I think Rand saw altruism as an evil, even if it's not compelled.

I really want to see the movie though.  I think Pixar still has a perfect record, which is unusual for a production company like that.
Title: Just saw it last night
Post by: Skillator on January 10, 2005, 06:39:09 pm
Yep this one's good!
It'll be a shame when fantastic four comes out later on, and can't compare to this movie. Superhero movies need to be animated. It's the only way to make them believable. As soon as you put Ben Affleck, or whoever your flavour of the month actor is, in it, you suck all the fun out of it and make it about how truly awful he/she is at acting.
Just give me the voice...
And having Jason Lee's voice is never a bad thing. Way to go incredibles!
This one would be worth making a sequel to, but I doubt it because Pixar will not want to have anything to do with Disney when they don't have to.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Nabubrush on January 10, 2005, 06:48:24 pm
Don't take this the wrong way, but is that necessary? I mean, if I could just channel Friday for a moment here: fuck you.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: monkeybutter on January 10, 2005, 06:56:24 pm
oooh, I bought The Incredibles on pirate dvd from a dodgy guy in the pub on Friday, hope it works, it sounds excellent.
And all you Spongebob fans, you heard of "The church of Spongebob"? I want to start up an English chapter- to become initated you have to "drop on the deck and flop like a giraffe!" For real!
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: jough on January 10, 2005, 07:12:28 pm
Skillator may no longer display an avatar until it is changed to something more size-appropriate.

And someone else had a large-ish avatar in another forum thread and that will have to go too.
Title: Geez I'm sorry
Post by: Skillator on January 10, 2005, 08:25:47 pm
I've found something new I was going to use, completely small and inoffensive. I'm sorry for messing everything up. Just figuring the avatar thing out. I'll never do it again.
Can I have the spot to fill in avatar back in my profile options please? :cry:
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: jough on January 10, 2005, 09:28:26 pm
Yeah yeah yeah.  Okay.  You may add your small and inoffensive avatar.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: andalucia on January 10, 2005, 10:50:53 pm
And for choosing a Kurosawa reference, I think (s)he deserves full forgiveness/bonus geek points.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Nabubrush on January 10, 2005, 11:27:41 pm
I'm sorry if I was abrupt but sweet zombie jesus.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: jough on January 11, 2005, 12:15:46 am
Not only is it Kurosawa, but it's a Criterion Collection DVD cover.

Bonus geek points awarded.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Bozack on January 11, 2005, 12:46:07 am
Quote from: "jough"
Not only is it Kurosawa, but it's a Criterion Collection DVD cover.


Well, shit. I just orgasmed. Who's gonna clean this up?
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: CortJstr on January 11, 2005, 01:15:53 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "jough"
Not only is it Kurosawa, but it's a Criterion Collection DVD cover.

Well, shit. I just orgasmed. Who's gonna clean this up?

That's extra creepy with your new avatar. It's like some kind of latex fantasy gone horribly wrong.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: V-Adore on January 11, 2005, 01:21:31 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "jough"
Not only is it Kurosawa, but it's a Criterion Collection DVD cover.

Well, shit. I just orgasmed. Who's gonna clean this up?

That's extra creepy with your new avatar. It's like some kind of latex fantasy gone horribly wrong.

I was picturing "horrible, horrible deleted Ghost World scene," myself.

Anyway, Bozack, clean up after your damn self. Can't we ask you good-for-nothing posters to do anything around here? Sheesh. It's like it isn't "Bring Your Own Hygiene Products Monday" or something.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Bozack on January 11, 2005, 01:32:11 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
It's like some kind of latex fantasy gone horribly wrong.


That's easily applicable to my entire life. Especially if you know my parents.

IT WAS ALL SEXUAL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SHE GOT PREGNANT AND THE KID HAD BAD EYESIGHT AND A FUNNY VOCIE.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Nabubrush on January 11, 2005, 01:47:24 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
It's like some kind of latex fantasy gone horribly wrong.


That's easily applicable to my entire life. Especially if you know my parents.

IT WAS ALL SEXUAL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SHE GOT PREGNANT AND THE KID HAD BAD EYESIGHT AND A FUNNY VOCIE.


I'm just going to go and do something else now . . . pretty much anything else will do.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: CortJstr on January 11, 2005, 01:51:21 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
It's like some kind of latex fantasy gone horribly wrong.

That's easily applicable to my entire life. Especially if you know my parents.

IT WAS ALL SEXUAL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SHE GOT PREGNANT AND THE KID HAD BAD EYESIGHT AND A FUNNY VOCIE.

Did I just stumble into the Suicide Girls forum? Is this Diesel Sweeties?
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: V-Adore on January 11, 2005, 01:55:20 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
It's like some kind of latex fantasy gone horribly wrong.


That's easily applicable to my entire life. Especially if you know my parents.

IT WAS ALL SEXUAL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SHE GOT PREGNANT AND THE KID HAD BAD EYESIGHT AND A FUNNY VOICE.

I'm really not going to make any comment on the general applicability of this scenario. Instead, I will be over... here.

Yes.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: St_Zartan on January 11, 2005, 09:33:57 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Did I just stumble into the Suicide Girls forum? Is this Diesel Sweeties?


A good rule of thumb for determining this involves the total square inches of voluntarily exposed midriff discussed / displayed.

Involuntarily exposed midriff means you are in the Scary Go Round forum.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: CortJstr on January 11, 2005, 09:50:03 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Did I just stumble into the Suicide Girls forum? Is this Diesel Sweeties?

A good rule of thumb for determining this involves the total square inches of voluntarily exposed midriff discussed / displayed.

Involuntarily exposed midriff means you are in the Scary Go Round forum.

I finally noted the lack of a "bewbies and wang" thread to verify this isn't DS. The decidely non-goth avatars were a clue on the SG front.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Pedro Picasso on January 12, 2005, 12:08:54 am
I'm guessing most folks in the DieselSweeties and SuicideGirls spheres (or their intersection, if you also see the internet as a three dimensional Venn Diagram of subcultures) don't know of the existence of our little message board, so they'll never see the witty little ways in which we tear at them.

This leads to a more interesting thought.  Is there some even smaller group of elitists on the internet specifically making fun of us and believing our idiosynchrases to be foolish and sophomoric?  And are they in turn being made fun of by an even smaller group who are themselves being given titty-twisters in gym class?

Making your own Venn Diagrams (http://www.venndiagram.com/detail.lasso?id=1106652163.gif) is fun and exciting!
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: CortJstr on January 12, 2005, 12:17:40 am
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
I'm guessing most folks in the DieselSweeties and SuicideGirls spheres (or their intersection, if you also see the internet as a three dimensional Venn Diagram of subcultures) don't know of the existence of our little message board, so they'll never see the witty little ways in which we tear at them.

There's always FeroJ.

Quote
This leads to a more interesting thought.  Is there some even smaller group of elitists on the internet specifically making fun of us and believing our idiosynchrases to be foolish and sophomoric?

Yes. And his name is Chris Onstad.

That said the DS board did introduce me to both Hot Hot Heat and The New Pornographers but I just got behind while my computer was broken and never went back. And the SGs are insanely hot but I don't see the purpose of a message board that I can't visit at work. Maybe if they went hardcore.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Nabubrush on January 12, 2005, 12:33:43 am
I gave up on the whole Dumbrella thing when I noticed that I was never going to any of the actual comic forums. And there were just too many people, and it was too insular. Here I can disappear for six months and come back, and everyone still knows who I am.

SuicideGirls is based in PDX. They do shows here every week. I've often wondered if I ought to take the little lady down to see one. We went to a crazy burlesque show for Hallowe'en that was all sorts of a good time.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: AugustWest on January 12, 2005, 01:30:23 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Quote
This leads to a more interesting thought.  Is there some even smaller group of elitists on the internet specifically making fun of us and believing our idiosynchrases to be foolish and sophomoric?

Yes. And his name is Chris Onstad.


Damn! You beat me to it.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Pedro Picasso on January 13, 2005, 07:53:14 pm
I must add that the Incredibles XBox game is super terrific as well.  It captures so many great things about the movie, while changing it just enough to be fun.  Also, Samuel L. Jackson voices the opening level tutorial as Frozone.  What's not to love?
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: slink on January 13, 2005, 08:54:36 pm
Just got this. Just about to watch it. Hmmm...
Oh, but anything with Jason Lee is already ahead.

And did really enjoy it. I'm always a sucker for nice CG anyway, but altogether it's just a good movie. People have kind of already said about it the things I would say.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: jay-ell on January 16, 2005, 03:06:59 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Quote
This leads to a more interesting thought.  Is there some even smaller group of elitists on the internet specifically making fun of us and believing our idiosynchrases to be foolish and sophomoric?

Yes. And his name is Chris Onstad.


Damn! You beat me to it.


Me, too.  

I have to second Pedro's opinion on The Incredibles game for XBox as well.  I'm usually wary of movie tie-in games, particularly so-called kid's games, but this one is worth a weekend rental, at least.  Our friend's four year old can play it largely without aid, but that's only when he can get the controller away from his dad.  It's adorable to see our friend playing lives and levels with his kid.  It is truly fun for the whole family, and if you've got a girl child, it's very woman-empowering, as well.  

Too bad it came out too early for our kid.  Let's hope Pixar keeps up the good work, both in films and in licensing console game tie-ins.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Pedro Picasso on April 12, 2005, 07:13:25 pm
Been watching the DVD.  The Jack-Jack Attack short is not very impressive, but the commentaries and behind the scenes stuff are exciting.  It's neat to see smart creative people who love what they do and work hard.

The commentary and making-of on the short Boundin' is super-neat.  The creator is an old hand at Pixar with 30 years of hand drawn animation experience.  He joined the company just to get into something new.  The best line is at the end when he says, "I started my career doing cartoons to teach kids their numbers on Sesame Street.  It's funny.  All those years ago, I was teaching kids math with animation.  Now those kids are grown up, and they're teaching me to animate with math."

Oh also the movie is still great.

Camradery.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Gimpson on April 12, 2005, 07:34:55 pm
I'm a big NPR dork, but somehow I didn't find out that Sarah Vowell did a voice for this until just before Easter.  I borrowed a copy from a friend and I really enjoyed it as well.  I was really expecting Sarah to have a bit part, but was pleasantly surprised that it was a fairly major one.  

I just saw her do a reading last week in KC and there were several young kids who came with their parents to get her to sign Incredibles merch.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: jough on April 12, 2005, 07:52:35 pm
Yeah, I love the Incredibles and the DVD is a nice package - not as in-depth technically as some of their older stuff, but it's a good overview.

Sarah Vowell was on Conan the other night talking about how kids recognize her now thanks to the DVD.

I remember her talking about firing a homemade canon with her Dad on some NPR show.  She's very interesting - I may even listen to her audiobook, especially since Conan does a voice on it.

I got the Incredibles game for the PC but I quit playing in frustration after about ten minutes.  The controls are just infuriating.  I think it's the whole "the penis makes the world spin and then you don't know where you're looking or running or punching half the time" control that frustrated me.  I prefer controls like Quake or Doom or Half Life, where the penis is a "free look" system and the arrow keys can be used to move forward, backward, step sideways, etc.  The GTA games work this way too, as does any game I'm ever going to actually play.

Maybe the control system for the Xbox version is better, but damn, what a horrible interface.

</rant>
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Pedro Picasso on April 12, 2005, 08:03:19 pm
Quote from: "jough"

I got the Incredibles game for the PC but I quit playing in frustration after about ten minutes.  The controls are just infuriating.  I think it's the whole "the penis makes the world spin and then you don't know where you're looking or running or punching half the time" control that frustrated me.  I prefer controls like Quake or Doom or Half Life, where the penis is a "free look" system and the arrow keys can be used to move forward, backward, step sideways, etc.  The GTA games work this way too, as does any game I'm ever going to actually play.

Maybe the control system for the Xbox version is better, but damn, what a horrible interface.


PC Gamer -- and presumably a bunch of other people -- refers to this as console-itis.  (Not to be confused with the shocking console-lingus.)  The game was made for controllers with little thumbsticks and contains all the little idiosynchracies of an Xbox game.  You can get a two thumbstick  USB controller from a game store for about fifteen bucks.  It takes a little while to get used to, but makes the game a lot more enjoyable.  I think it makes GTA and Simpsons Hit the Road more fun too.

Itis (http://www.itis.usda.gov/).
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: jough on April 12, 2005, 08:07:37 pm
Yeah, I tend to be a "one hand on the penis the other on the keyboard" kind of gamer, for all the games I play.

I've gotten a few over the past year, but the only two that I keep installed are GTA: Vice City (at least until San Andreas comes out for the PC) and now Half-Life 2 (and Counter Strike: Source) which I've played through three times entirely and a couple of other levels a few extra times.  The end of the "Follow Freeman!" chapter is particularly amazing - I've never played a game before that had such a convincing sense of a full-scale city-wide battle.  There are things happening in the distance, and you can affect them by firing missles at them and such.  I think it's mostly done with SOUND but damn, shooting down those Striders is thrilling even after multiple plays.

Otherwise I don't really play many games.  I play a 5 minutes per side chess game or two a day online, usually when I've just finished some mind-numbing task and need a brain-rebooting game before I start in on the next thing that requires my attention.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: V-Adore on April 12, 2005, 08:49:46 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I remember her talking about firing a homemade canon with her Dad on some NPR show.  

It's so touching when families can bond over the formation of apocrypha.

</snide>
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: wombat on April 12, 2005, 09:28:37 pm
I just saw this finally.  I didn't think it was so great.  And why are movies so LONG nowadays?   But as you all know, I am a movie cretin.

But it wasn't as bad as Sideways, which we also just saw, and which made me want to kill someone, probably a movie critic.

Also, Sarah Vowell - love her but boy does she have a face made for radio and cartoon voices.  I hate finding out what radio personalities look like.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Pedro Picasso on April 12, 2005, 09:41:24 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
I just saw this finally.  I didn't think it was so great.  And why are movies so LONG nowadays?   But as you all know, I am a movie cretin.


I like my movies pretty long, because it's difficult to find time to invest in them in the first place.  Once I have the time blocked out to watch a movie, I want dripping gobs of entertainment for my $8.  Maybe it's to justify ticket prices.

I'm sorry you didn't think Incredibles was so great.  Please name three movies you really liked.  This way I know about what to shoot for in recommendations.  I'm guessing you wouldn't enjoy Sin City.

Castrations.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 12, 2005, 10:00:47 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
I just saw this finally.  I didn't think it was so great.  And why are movies so LONG nowadays?   But as you all know, I am a movie cretin.

But it wasn't as bad as Sideways, which we also just saw, and which made me want to kill someone, probably a movie critic.

Also, Sarah Vowell - love her but boy does she have a face made for radio and cartoon voices.  I hate finding out what radio personalities look like.


So I googled out of curiousity and she's not that bad - funny and smart, too which goes a long way. But I'm taken aback: Violet Incredible even looks like Sarah Vowell.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: St_Zartan on April 12, 2005, 10:49:15 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Also, Sarah Vowell - love her but boy does she have a face made for radio and cartoon voices.  I hate finding out what radio personalities look like.


It would take the kind of self-control I just don't have to read a comment like this and not do a Google Image Search.

Turns out I think she's pretty cute. So take that, Wombat.

MY APPROVAL IS LIKE SPUN fuck*ng GOLD, PEOPLE
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: CortJstr on April 12, 2005, 10:58:32 pm
Wasn't she in the TMBG movie? She was actually pretty annoying.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: jough on April 13, 2005, 12:11:32 am
There was a TMBG movie?
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: wombat on April 13, 2005, 12:27:15 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"


Turns out I think she's pretty cute. So take that, Wombat.



Actually that's nice, because she's funny looking the same way I fear that I am funny looking.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: miles on April 13, 2005, 12:31:22 am
Quote from: "jough"
I remember her talking about firing a homemade canon with her Dad on some NPR show.  She's very interesting - I may even listen to her audiobook, especially since Conan does a voice on it.


I heard Brad Bird interviewed on Fresh Air a couple weeks ago and he said he also liked that story, and so when they were trying to cast her, they animated a bit to match it to demonstrate how perfect she would be for a cartoon voice.  I have the DVD but haven't checked out the extras yet.  I was hoping that this bit was on there, but if it was, it probably would have been mentioned here already.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: wombat on April 13, 2005, 12:38:25 am
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"


I'm sorry you didn't think Incredibles was so great.  Please name three movies you really liked.  This way I know about what to shoot for in recommendations.  I'm guessing you wouldn't enjoy Sin City.

Castrations.


In one of my major recent personality changes, my husband and I have been renting two or three movies a week.  (Possibly because I now have a job that makes me too tired for any other hobbies.) And speaking of reccomendations, I was thinking of going back to that thread we had a while ago where everyone told about the movies they thought everyone should see before they die.  Because we'd already rented everything we could think of on our own.

However, we just found that the video store has the X-Files, which I never watched when it was on, and watching the first episode, I think I could watch more of this.  And while it might not be better than great classic movies, it's a plan that will solve our video-rental dillemma for many weeks.

I am such a movie cretin, and I have such a bad memory, it's hard for me to name three movies I liked.  Lately we saw the Japanese movie Ringu that was remade as The Ring (which we did not see.)  I liked that, but I'm a sucker for anything that takes place in Japan (although it's much preferable if it's subtitled instead of dubbed.)  I think I liked Being John Malkovich... oh dear, is that the most recent other thing I can think of??  I like movies that are a little weird.  I hate movies about people's feelings.

And yeah, no castrations is good.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Gimpson on April 13, 2005, 12:41:51 am
Quote from: "jough"
There was a TMBG movie?


Gigantic:  A Tale Of Two Johns (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0304081/)

Currently #4 on my Netflix Queue.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Gimpson on April 13, 2005, 12:43:11 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"


Turns out I think she's pretty cute. So take that, Wombat.



Actually that's nice, because she's funny looking the same way I fear that I am funny looking.


In person, she didn't look quite as strange as she has in most pictures and video I've seen.  But even from pictures and video I agree: She is hell of cute.
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: Max on April 13, 2005, 01:00:15 am
The X-Files is cool up until David Duchovny leaves, around season five or something like that; at this point it takes hell of nosedives.  I would suggest watching up to that point and then cutting yourself off, no matter how much you think it might maintain (it won't).
Title: The Incredibles (Pixar)
Post by: wombat on April 13, 2005, 01:04:32 am
Quote from: "Max"
The X-Files is cool up until David Duchovny leaves


He leaves and it keeps going?  Even just seeing the pilot I can't see how that could work.

But five seasons is still a LOT of not having to decide what movie to rent.