The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on November 22, 2004, 11:46:59 am

Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 22, 2004, 11:46:59 am
Note the roller skate in Panel 02.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: cellardoor on November 22, 2004, 12:33:06 pm
Rollerskates!
Mr Bear is shot and you are thinking of background dressing.
Holy smokes!
Pat you is a greazy fool.
I hope Corny is ok.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: revdj on November 22, 2004, 12:50:38 pm
Not the bear!
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: starlight on November 22, 2004, 01:18:34 pm
I didn't see that one comin'

I like the coughs... heh.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: arlucasinc on November 22, 2004, 01:50:43 pm
Pat is so dumb that he can never kill the right person.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: Steve Hogan on November 22, 2004, 01:51:07 pm
Grappa is a little rough the first time out.  You should really stay clear of firearms and WMDs when drinking it.  Of course, Cornelius could have prevented the confusion if he drank his grappa out of a proper grappa glass.

(http://web.fineliving.com/fine/images/plselects/images/LNS573_WineGrappa_01.jpg)

You gotta do things RIGHT.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: arkabee on November 22, 2004, 01:54:39 pm
so pat accidentally killed the stuffed bear because he was drinking the bear's booze and it made him cough and accidentally fire the gun?
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 22, 2004, 01:56:08 pm
Jesus H. Christ!  Why can't PAT die?!?

Fuck you, Pat.  Fuck you.  Die.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: AugustWest on November 22, 2004, 01:57:50 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
so pat accidentally killed the stuffed bear because he was drinking the bear's booze and it made him cough and accidentally fire the gun?
Yes, and despite what he says, Pat is a boob because he's carrying a gun around with the safety off and his finger on the trigger.

PAT! DON'T WEAR A CAPE!
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: CortJstr on November 22, 2004, 02:06:05 pm
I guess we'll finally get to learn something about stuffed animal anatomy. Do they have organs or just stuffing? (I'm such the fanboy geek. I feel like one of those guys who tries to figure out what year each Dr. Who episode occurs)

This is clearly Philippe's fault for leaving a roller skate out.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: arlucasinc on November 22, 2004, 02:28:13 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
PAT! DON'T WEAR A CAPE!


Pat totally needs to wear a cape. It would take care of so many problems.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: Choop on November 22, 2004, 02:32:50 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Fuck you, Pat.  Fuck you.  Die.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: MT on November 22, 2004, 02:38:09 pm
Is the roller skate now the Achewood equivalent of the Godfather orange?
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: V-Adore on November 22, 2004, 02:59:48 pm
I was thinking the same thing as Cort, yeah: is it even slightly fatal for a stuffed animal to be shot? I mean, they don't really have organs or anything, and note how bloodless the wounds are compared to, say, Beef's first shooting. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03042003)

(Good call on the rollerskates, MT. That shit be creepy, yo!)
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: Bozack on November 22, 2004, 04:32:27 pm
God, yeah, everybody needs to get together and just take down Pat. All gathering in the village square, all holding torches, all one of us! one of us!
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: Jay! on November 22, 2004, 04:44:10 pm
I guess that not shooting Beef has rescued Pat from being tried for the same crime twice, and therefore starring in a terrible Sean Connery film.

And I think the roller skate is thematically significant:
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09162002
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: Nabubrush on November 22, 2004, 04:57:48 pm
That was Mr. I's point, I believe. He was using internet shorthand.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: Doctor Vendetta on November 22, 2004, 06:17:54 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I was thinking the same thing as Cort, yeah: is it even slightly fatal for a stuffed animal to be shot? I mean, they don't really have organs or anything, and note how bloodless the wounds are compared to, say, Beef's first shooting. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03042003)

Either Way, Mr. Bear's blazer is ruined...
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: jough on November 22, 2004, 06:50:34 pm
Yeah, that roller skate was just a sign of portent.

Maybe every character will be accidentally shot at some time or another.  I mean, it happens in real life - may as well reflect that in art.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 22, 2004, 07:50:14 pm
Quote from: "MT"
Is the roller skate now the Achewood equivalent of the Godfather orange?


It's always been.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: Golfhaus on November 22, 2004, 10:51:44 pm
I can't be the only one who had to look this up:

prandial: of or relating to a meal
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: jough on November 22, 2004, 11:01:07 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I can't be the only one who had to look this up:

prandial: of or relating to a meal


C'mon dude - they even refer to mints as "postprandial breath fresheners."

If you had watched Star Trek 4 (as assigned) you would have known that "post-prandial upper-abdominal distention" is the medical term for "cramps."
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: Golfhaus on November 23, 2004, 03:50:08 am
Quote from: "jough"


C'mon dude - they even refer to mints as "postprandial breath fresheners."



They do? I don't really buy mints... maybe that's why I'm still single. Is it just the fancy-schmancy ones, or does it show up even on the plebeian mints like Certs?
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: andalucia on November 23, 2004, 04:44:09 am
Yeah, it actually took me a moment to recognize "prandial" without its familiar prefix.  But I can assure you that I have indeed watched more than adequate amounts of Star Trek.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: AugustWest on November 23, 2004, 05:22:31 am
Quote from: "andalucia"
Yeah, it actually took me a moment to recognize "prandial" without its familiar prefix.  But I can assure you that I have indeed watched more than adequate amounts of Star Trek.


I never would have pegged you as a Trekker.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: Bozack on November 23, 2004, 06:59:04 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I never would have pegged you as a Trekker.


Hmm, she wouldn't be my first choice for Trekkers here, but she'd be in the top, say, 7.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: andalucia on November 23, 2004, 01:09:26 pm
Recovering Trekker, guys.  Be gentle.
Title: Grappa - 11/22/2004
Post by: Nabubrush on November 25, 2004, 02:18:56 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I never would have pegged you as a Trekker.


Hmm, she wouldn't be my first choice for Trekkers here, but she'd be in the top, say, 7.

I'm going to need this broken down in list form, please.