The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Choop on November 22, 2004, 11:57:36 pm

Title: Real. Fun. Real fun.
Post by: Choop on November 22, 2004, 11:57:36 pm
It's been all those things here, of course, and more. I've had a great time with you all, getting to know you and laugh both with and at you, but now I must go back to Real Life for a while: I've got a job starting Monday next, and expect to work 10-hour days, plus an hour's commute (or more) each way. It'll be tough to work in just time for my wife, much less time for Achewood, and then more time for the board.

I'll still be around for a week or so, and likely check back in on the weekends, but as you won't be seeing much of me for at least the next several weeks, at this time I must announce my resignation as moderator.

V-Adore and Jough have graciously allowed me to choose my replacement, so I would like you all to join me in welcoming AlohaDawg to the great team of moderators we have here. Cheers!
Title: Real. Fun. Real fun.
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 23, 2004, 12:35:06 am
I appreciate Choops confidence that I won't blow the whole thing up or lock every thread by accident (but at least we've been through that one....) and I look forward to finding some use for being 5 hours behind the rest of you.
Title: Real. Fun. Real fun.
Post by: Bozack on November 23, 2004, 01:03:17 am
See you around, Choop, you've always done awesome by me, and congrats Aloha!
Title: Real. Fun. Real fun.
Post by: CortJstr on November 23, 2004, 02:17:44 am
Begin the transfer of power. Turn you keys on my mark.

3

2

1

Mark.
Title: Real. Fun. Real fun.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 23, 2004, 11:17:34 am
Eventually you will learn how to goof off at work and still look like you're doing something important.  You'll be back.
Title: Real. Fun. Real fun.
Post by: sjlimmer on November 23, 2004, 03:57:44 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Eventually you will learn how to goof off at work and still look like you're doing something important.  You'll be back.


Agreed.  Getting a laptop for my office has done wonders for my lack of productivity.

Anyway, good luck with the real world, Choop.  I hear it is scary.
Title: Real. Fun. Real fun.
Post by: wombat on November 23, 2004, 06:45:39 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Eventually you will learn how to goof off at work and still look like you're doing something important.  You'll be back.


Yeah - wait a minute - didn't you say elsewhere it was a programming job?  What's the problem?
Title: Real. Fun. Real fun.
Post by: Nabubrush on November 25, 2004, 02:24:38 am
See, and here I have just transferred to an inside job where I'll be staring at a computer for twelve hours at a time, so I'll be watching you people like a hawk. Oh well, enjoy, Choop, and just like the great circle of . . . oh th hell with it. We'll see you around.