The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: starlight on November 23, 2004, 10:36:06 am

Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: starlight on November 23, 2004, 10:36:06 am
Aw.. tricking poor Philippe like that!  I am surprised he didn't look closer before the 20,000 seconds though ;D

..and I like Ray's attire... oh mayyn... gladiator-like.. wonder what the hell that's about...
[edit:  ah, I read the alt-text.. eBay... that silly Ray!]

Hopefully Mr. Bear's alright.
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: cellardoor on November 23, 2004, 12:38:50 pm
Bless you Phillipe!
Each little peek I get into Ray's private life just makes me worried.
And happy.
How cool is his life?
Also, wouldn't a phone call be a better way of communicating an emergency?
Although Ray's handset is hell of dilapidated.
I think Corny will be ok. I can't see a funeral in Achewood's future.
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: Steve Hogan on November 23, 2004, 01:21:12 pm
I'm worried that it may be the little piggy went to market that pushes Mr bear irretrievably towards the light.
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: Franz. on November 23, 2004, 01:55:56 pm
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
I'm worried that it may be the little piggy went to market that pushes Mr bear irretrievably towards the light.


Ah, but is anything irretrievable, here in Achewood, California?
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: CortJstr on November 23, 2004, 02:02:54 pm
Am I the only one who needed Google to figure out that 20,000 seconds is about 5 and half hours?

I kind of wish Ray had left the helmet on when he went to the computer.
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: arlucasinc on November 23, 2004, 02:20:31 pm
Jesus! Pat is the world's biggest ayyyyyyyyhole. Shoots an innocent man and then lies to a five year old child(otter) and runs away.

Man's got no stones.
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: Turbo Ninja on November 23, 2004, 02:30:19 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I kind of wish Ray had left the helmet on when he went to the computer.


This makes me hope for an Onstad Delayed EditŠ wherein this obvious oversight is corrected.
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: sensate on November 23, 2004, 03:07:59 pm
Pat doesn't look very sorry/afraid (dick!). Sure, he wants to get away from the scene of the crime, but I'm afraid he's still on his way to find Beef. He's already a fugitive, so what's a couple more murders?

Git 'im, Gramma!
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: CortJstr on November 23, 2004, 03:57:19 pm
I can't believe I just thought of this but why is Teodor IMing Ray about this? Shouldn't he be calling him from the hospital? Or are we assuming that he has an IM client on his phone?
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: pierced lemur on November 23, 2004, 04:07:14 pm
What the hell is "miggroid"?
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: Va on November 23, 2004, 04:17:26 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Am I the only one who needed Google to figure out that 20,000 seconds is about 5 and half hours?


Seems like a calculator should have been adequate.  Of course, Google can be used as a calculator (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%28%2820000+%2F+60%29+%2F+60%29&btnG=Search).
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: Va on November 23, 2004, 04:18:42 pm
The lack of urgency makes me think that for an alive stuffed animal, getting shot might not be that big of a deal, except perhaps aesthetically.
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: V-Adore on November 23, 2004, 04:29:47 pm
Yeah, Teodor seems calm enough that I suspect this isn't any big deal. I hope it's no big deal, anyway, because... man, Cornelius doesn't show up that much anymore, but I'd miss him if he were gone, you know? He's one of the big three, those who were there before the Dirtiest Dudes in Town had distinguishable personalities.
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: CortJstr on November 23, 2004, 04:58:13 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Am I the only one who needed Google to figure out that 20,000 seconds is about 5 and half hours?

Seems like a calculator should have been adequate.  Of course, Google can be used as a calculator (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%28%2820000+%2F+60%29+%2F+60%29&btnG=Search).

I did it the easy way (http://www.google.com/search?q=20000+seconds+in+hours&sourceid=firefox&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8).

I'm so confounded. Clearly the stuffed animals eat, sleep, and use the toilet but do they actually have organs? Can Mr. Bear be fixed with some thread or do we need Dr. Andretti? How many days will Chris take off for Thanksgiving? Who's touching my ass?

I didn't say stop.
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: slink on November 23, 2004, 05:13:20 pm
I think it would be the sort of situation that would mean some serious work with some stuffing and a needle & thread.
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: Steve Hogan on November 23, 2004, 07:52:30 pm
Quote from: "Franz."
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
I'm worried that it may be the little piggy went to market that pushes Mr bear irretrievably towards the light.


Ah, but is anything irretrievable, here in Achewood, California?


Actually, my hope is that Mr bear does die, but comes back as a ghost so he can team up with Phillipe to solve groovy mysteries.

"Phillipe & Boo Bear"
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: jough on November 23, 2004, 08:03:42 pm
Okay, this is one of my favourite strips in a long time.  I love the non sequitur panel of Ray prancing around in roman garb just for the hell of it, with no regard for plot or having to come up with more than one panel for a throw-away joke.  You wouldn't see that shit in Doonesbury.

And is "miggroid" some stuffed animal racial slur used as a greeting, like calling T "nigga" or something?
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 23, 2004, 08:54:25 pm
As in, What's UP, my Grelicious Miggroid!
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: wombat on November 23, 2004, 09:53:02 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

 How many days will Chris take off for Thanksgiving?


Oh no, not a four day cliffhanger.  Oh no.
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: Bozack on November 23, 2004, 10:49:51 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

 How many days will Chris take off for Thanksgiving?


Oh no, not a four day cliffhanger.  Oh no.


Yeah, the second I read wombat's comment, I thought.....ohhhh noooooooooooo...
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: arlucasinc on November 24, 2004, 01:40:56 pm
And now the Wednesday update is in the PM!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee eee!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: palm trees on November 24, 2004, 04:11:04 pm
does anyone else think it likely that ray's helmet will have actually been used in the film "gladiator"?
what else would ray use ebay for, eh?
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: AugustWest on November 24, 2004, 04:42:26 pm
I think that shooting must have harmed Mr. Bear.  Why else would he lie still for 20,000 seconds?  I just hope he's not dead.

Also, re: Beef and death.  Since he's a cat, does he get 9 shots at it?  I.E. can he go heaven (or hell) and come back 8 times, but he's stuck after the 8th?
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: Turbo Ninja on November 24, 2004, 04:48:26 pm
Quote from: "palm trees"
does anyone else think it likely that ray's helmet will have actually been used in the film "gladiator"?
what else would ray use ebay for, eh?


I think I sense the theme of Ray's next party.




By which I mean "Gladiator," not "eBay."  Although that would be hell of fun if Ray used his Monopoly winnings to set up a community PayPal account and just let his guests go nuts.
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: Mantonio on November 24, 2004, 09:13:00 pm
Quote from: "palm trees"
does anyone else think it likely that ray's helmet will have actually been used in the film "gladiator"?
what else would ray use ebay for, eh?


Nah, knowing Ray, its probably an original Roman helmet that Emperor Vespasian himself used to own.
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: Nabubrush on November 25, 2004, 02:03:39 am
I have heard the expression "miggy miggy mouth" so maybe miggroid is somehow related to that. I liked this strip - I think it is about time Cornelius gets what's coming to him. Really, though, the last two panels are good enough for Chris to take the rest of the week off, and just show up Monday or Tuesday. Have a good Thanksgiving, Chris, and everyone. I'm at work, but the rest of you have fun.

Edited to add: {Oh, come on, you know I didn't mean it.} and some italics.
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: AugustWest on November 25, 2004, 02:10:44 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I think it is about time Cornelius gets what's coming to him.


Schwhaaa?
Title: BROADICUS DICKUS - 11/23
Post by: Nabubrush on November 25, 2004, 02:16:14 am
I was just kidding.

He's a better target than Beef. He's filled with stuffing, for Christ's sake . . . . Mmmmmm, stuffing.