The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Gimpson on November 23, 2004, 09:15:38 pm

Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: Gimpson on November 23, 2004, 09:15:38 pm
I have to say that I absolutely do not approve of Sober Lyle.
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 23, 2004, 09:30:27 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I'm reading Lyle's posts and totally thinking of Flowers for Algernon.


Deep and Grelicious, my miggroid. I can totally see that.
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: CortJstr on November 23, 2004, 09:36:35 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I'm reading Lyle's posts and totally thinking of Flowers for Algernon.

Deep and Grelicious, my miggroid. I can totally see that.

Did I just stumble into NewsRadio?

Gizzizup, my disnoofus.
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: wombat on November 23, 2004, 09:49:42 pm
Oh man, poor Lyle's totally lost it.  I never liked him, but this is awful.
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: andalucia on November 23, 2004, 09:53:04 pm
Yeah, I can't believe he's too far gone to realize that he's living in the ultimate stereotypical porn scenario.
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: AugustWest on November 23, 2004, 10:01:03 pm
Nah, they'll give him a sip of wine or something and he'll be right back to normal.
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: jough on November 23, 2004, 10:19:52 pm
It's pretty obvious he's planning his escape, so I'm sure he'll be drunk and back to normal soon enough.
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: ferocious j on November 24, 2004, 12:29:03 am
I don't know what you guys are on; Lyleblog is awesome.  (maybe it's just because Lyle's one of my favorites)  Personally, I think the combination of being sober + reading all those Bonnie Branigan Sisters Mystery Series books are what's making him write like this.  It's hilarious.

If it's in italics, it has to be irrefutably true
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: sensate on November 24, 2004, 05:05:15 pm
Lyle is a perfectly functioning, efficient system: when prevented from getting drunk, his competence increases until it reaches the point where he can circumvent whatever obstacles stand between him and the bottle. I marvel at the exquisite work of evolution.
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: Gimpson on November 24, 2004, 05:19:01 pm
FerJ - Did you steal that avatar from somewhere, or did you make your own Meatwad at such as a barbecue?
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: V-Adore on November 24, 2004, 06:25:50 pm
I'm badly looking forward to Lyle's escape.

Also, this is a little late, but Nice Pete's novel is poetry. I can entirely grok Eustance K. Dobbs's holistic gestalt, you know?
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: ferocious j on November 24, 2004, 09:12:02 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
FerJ - Did you steal that avatar from somewhere, or did you make your own Meatwad at such as a barbecue?

I found the picture somewhere on the internet; I only wish I had thought to do something so clever!
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: Nabubrush on November 25, 2004, 02:11:28 am
Quote from: "sensate"
Lyle is a perfectly functioning, efficient system: when prevented from getting drunk, his competence increases until it reaches the point where he can circumvent whatever obstacles stand between him and the bottle. I marvel at the exquisite work of evolution.

This is beautiful, and I know this
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Not quite reached the pinnacle of evolution yet, though.  He doesn't wake up with the gin already in him (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12202001).

will come true eventually. I really am impressed at how much depth the blogs add to particular characters. I really enjoy Pat, Lyle, and Téodor even more now than I did before the blogs.
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: Mantonio on November 25, 2004, 02:14:04 pm
Man, the soberer Lyle gets, the more like an obssesive-compulsive Mr. Bear he becomes.
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 28, 2004, 02:18:04 am
What would you put on a cornish hen bar?
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: CortJstr on November 28, 2004, 04:24:40 am
What are green goddess salad and mince pies?

Since cornish game hens are just little chickens I'd think regular chicken toppings. But this being Ray he probably had things such as white truffle sauce.

A brined then deep fried turducken disturbs me immensely. It's just wrong.
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: Bozack on November 28, 2004, 08:29:41 am
This all is okay, but I desperately need conclusion to the Beef and Molly thing. I've got the SHAKES now, dammit!
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: filas on November 28, 2004, 11:07:08 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Not quite reached the pinnacle of evolution yet, though.  He doesn't wake up with the gin already in him (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12202001).


that was a profound moment.  my favorite lyle strip:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01042002

sometimes i just think about the last panel for no reason during the middle of the day and laugh.  seriously.  just now i laughed again.
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: Nabubrush on November 29, 2004, 12:21:16 am
I like "I AM in hell, when I look at your website!" (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10292001)
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: palm trees on November 29, 2004, 03:13:41 am
Quote from: "filas"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Not quite reached the pinnacle of evolution yet, though.  He doesn't wake up with the gin already in him (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12202001).


that was a profound moment.  my favorite lyle strip:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01042002

sometimes i just think about the last panel for no reason during the middle of the day and laugh.  seriously.  just now i laughed again.


as i waited for that to open, i read what you said about the last panel and thought to myself "i bet it's that one with mr. bear and the fan".
undeniable fantasticosity.
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: palm trees on November 29, 2004, 03:19:13 am
also, that revisit to the beginnings got me clicking through the archives again - noticing how long it took to develop philippe, lyle and much longer for mr. bear - although teodor seemed to be right there from the start.

very, very odd seeing mr. bear saying "awesome" and "WOO-HOO!" after reading his recent blog updates.
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 29, 2004, 02:20:17 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
What are green goddess salad and mince pies?


Green goddess dressing. (http://www.epicurious.com/cooking/how_to/food_dictionary/entry?id=2823)
Mincemeat pie. (http://www.epicurious.com/cooking/how_to/food_dictionary/entry?id=3509)
Title: Blogs - Nov 21 - 27
Post by: slink on November 29, 2004, 04:47:43 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
What are green goddess salad and mince pies?


Green goddess dressing. (http://www.epicurious.com/cooking/how_to/food_dictionary/entry?id=2823)
Mincemeat pie. (http://www.epicurious.com/cooking/how_to/food_dictionary/entry?id=3509)


I will post a recipe for Mince Pies before christmas, as they are fantastic.
We use a different recipe for the pastry than usual though, as it makes them less dry and boring, and well, much more great!