The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bozack on November 26, 2004, 08:43:37 am

Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Bozack on November 26, 2004, 08:43:37 am
Ha, I'm a fan of this one. It doesn't strike me as really "Achewoodian," mainly because I'm hearing Dr. Andretti as having a voice that doesn't really exist yet, sort of a dead-pan cynic.
Also: Zyrelax is not a real drug.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: jough on November 26, 2004, 09:26:59 am
Please tell me that you didn't have to Google for info about a drug that cures "piss shiver."
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Franz. on November 26, 2004, 02:53:03 pm
Hahaha. Instant classic.

It has cured me of rereading the old strips and thinking, Hmmm, are they that good anymore?
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: slink on November 26, 2004, 03:33:28 pm
I think Doc Andretti's two lines - "A mustache?" and "Newspaper?" make it for me. Also, the rest is cool.
Ah, sweet bizarrity.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: CortJstr on November 26, 2004, 03:38:03 pm
So wait, is piss shiver one of those things that we have to explain to women that we'd otherwise just assumed they knew about?
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Franz. on November 26, 2004, 03:48:00 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
So wait, is piss shiver one of those things that we have to explain to women that we'd otherwise just assumed they knew about?


Actually, I'm kind of surprised (and a little relieved) that it isn't just me who experiences this. I mean, how often is one confronted with this phenomenon in another guy? In my case, never.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: andalucia on November 26, 2004, 04:14:09 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
So wait, is piss shiver one of those things that we have to explain to women that we'd otherwise just assumed they knew about?


A resounding yes.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: miles on November 26, 2004, 05:20:13 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
So wait, is piss shiver one of those things that we have to explain to women that we'd otherwise just assumed they knew about?


A resounding yes.


I thought I knew what that was (also called pee shivers), but then again it's never made me piss all over the floor.  That usually happens due to blockage or drunken bad aim.  So I looked it up on WebMD and, strangely, nothing.  So I googled it.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=410866

Complete with search strategies.

Apparently I don't have as bad of a case of it as Ray does.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 26, 2004, 06:13:37 pm
Quote from: "The Pee Expert"
They pass out at the urinal when their autonomic system cues a drop in blood pressure!


Good Christ. I Don't really shiver when I pee anymore; not sure why but I think maybe I've just become accustomed to the autonomic nerve signal load or something.

Passing out and waking up in a puddle of your own pee with a mouthful of urinal cake and some broken teeth sounds pretty unpleasant, though. If it's that bad, you would think Ray would just sit down.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: slink on November 26, 2004, 06:22:46 pm
I certainly can't say I have ever experienced this. Even when the bathroom is absolutely freezing-fuck*ng-cold. I stop shivering while doing other such things.
Bizarre. What a week. I learn about drivethru banks and piss shivers.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: V-Adore on November 26, 2004, 06:23:37 pm
Best part of this strip: Ray's desperate need to make up this impromptu story about the guy with the fake mustache who uses other people's bathrooms. Wow. Just... wow.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: CortJstr on November 26, 2004, 06:40:52 pm
I occasionally shiver afterwards. I thought people were aware of this just because of pop-culture references. I know I've seen it in a Rating.

[time passes]

Here it its. But I can't link it because it's in the book.

Quote from: "Lore"
Styrofoam cups just feel wrong, as if someone distilled chalk-squeaking and piss-shiver into physical form and stacked it next to the decaf.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 26, 2004, 07:15:19 pm
Quote from: "slink"
I certainly can't say I have ever experienced this. Even when the bathroom is absolutely freezing-fuck*ng-cold. I stop shivering while doing other such things.
Bizarre. What a week. I learn about drivethru banks and piss shivers.


I guess you don't have drive thru banks in the UK? How about drive-up ATMs?
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: andalucia on November 26, 2004, 07:18:21 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Bizarre. What a week. I learn about drivethru banks and piss shivers.


I really enjoy the implication that the latter is also a North American phenomenon.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: CortJstr on November 26, 2004, 07:35:32 pm
Quote from: "slink"
I certainly can't say I have ever experienced this. Even when the bathroom is absolutely freezing-fuck*ng-cold. I stop shivering while doing other such things.
Bizarre. What a week. I learn about drivethru banks and piss shivers.

Do you at least have drive through pharmacies? What about restaurants with curb-side pickup?
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: slink on November 26, 2004, 08:52:33 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Do you at least have drive through pharmacies? What about restaurants with curb-side pickup?


No.
And, yes, McDonald's.
McDonald's is about the only place I know of over here that does drivethru. The only ATM I have seen that I could consider a drive to one, you're not actually supposed to park right next to, but we all do.
But apart from that, we just don't do the whole drivethru thing. No drivethru pharmacies (I can't tell if you were just taking the piss or not... you really have those? It kind of makes sense, but then we always have to wait so long for them to get our drugs that it probably wouldn't work out here).

And well, the only thing I could, at first, consider a mention of piss shivers over here, was when my mate was convinced he was going to die because his testacles started twitching. Piss shivers is just a whole new phenomenon for me.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: CortJstr on November 26, 2004, 09:21:21 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Do you at least have drive through pharmacies? What about restaurants with curb-side pickup?


No.
And, yes, McDonald's.
McDonald's is about the only place I know of over here that does drivethru. The only ATM I have seen that I could consider a drive to one, you're not actually supposed to park right next to, but we all do.
But apart from that, we just don't do the whole drivethru thing. No drivethru pharmacies (I can't tell if you were just taking the piss or not... you really have those? It kind of makes sense, but then we always have to wait so long for them to get our drugs that it probably wouldn't work out here).

Curbside is different than McDonald's. It's when you call what's normally a sit-down restaurant ahead of time and order food. You drive up and park and they run out with your food and take your cash/credit card. It's become very popular at large chains like Outback and Macaroni Grill.

The pharmacies (which are real) work much the same way just not with new prescriptions or places you've never been before. You phone in a refill  then drive up to a window to pick up the actual drugs. Since you've been there before they already have all your personal and insurance info in their computer, including how many refills you have left. You just have to call 15 minutes or more before actually driving up.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Nabubrush on November 26, 2004, 10:57:57 pm
Well shit, Slink, don't tell me you don't have drive-thru liquor stores over there. That's a shame. We had a couple in Anchorage, though they eventually closed. I know there are other states that have them, though.

Also, I never get piss-shiver, so when I read about it in the Straight Dope (and here), I just had to imagine.

And isn't Ray a bundle of incongruities? He could buy and sell these people (cats). It would have been amusing to see him say something like "Yeah, I pissed all over the floor, Doc. You should be happy I didn't pee in the middle of the waiting room, dammit."
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 26, 2004, 11:38:40 pm
Slink- we have drive through almost everything here.

There are drive through wedding chapels, drive through funeral parlors, drive-in movies, every fast food place, some not so fast (like Outback Steakhouse and Chili's, almost every bank has 2-3 drive-up windows and a drive up ATM, drive up coffe kiosks, pharmacies, and some motels let you drive up to a window, pay, get your keys and drive around to your room.

It's a car society!

not joking about the wedding chapels and funeral parlors, either...
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Paisley on November 27, 2004, 12:48:23 am
Quote from: "miles"
I thought I knew what that was (also called pee shivers), but then again it's never made me piss all over the floor.  That usually happens due to blockage or drunken bad aim.  So I looked it up on WebMD and, strangely, nothing.  So I googled it. [snip ... er ... cut ...er, leave out the rest]


Thanks. As a member of the Ladies' Auxiliary, I had no idea. I mean, as an avid camper (read: getting drunk and stoned in state parks), I did learn how to pee standing up (it is possible), but I attributed the shivers to the night chill hitting my gluteus broadicus, not to orthostatic phenomena.

I'm still worried about Beef, though. Assuming Lyle kept the chamber (or clip) full, there are still some rounds left in that gun. Did anyone think to check on him? The absence of blogging makes me wonder.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: slink on November 27, 2004, 05:15:39 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

drive through funeral parlors


But... But...
Weird!
And Nabu, I always thought the idea of drive through liquir was bizarre. Like being able to buy liquor at gas stations. I can understand why, but something about it just doesn't quite work out for me. Then again, I would be fairly happy (except for good whisky and Corona) to see alcohol outlawed tomorrow.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: miles on November 27, 2004, 05:40:14 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Well shit, Slink, don't tell me you don't have drive-thru liquor stores over there. That's a shame. We had a couple in Anchorage, though they eventually closed. I know there are other states that have them, though.

Also, I never get piss-shiver, so when I read about it in the Straight Dope (and here), I just had to imagine.


I believe Arizona has drive-thru liqour stores.  You can also buy liqour in the grocery store down there.  In Washington and Utah, the other places I've lived, you have to buy booze in a state liqour store.  In Utah, you can't even get wine in a grocery store.  Although the Summum religion, based in Salt Lake City, is able to manafacture and sell wine, although apparently they call it nectar.

I should have known Straight Dope would have had something on it.  I think I get the piss shiver about 10% of the time, and only after a serious piss.  You know, the kind that's about as good as a typical orgasm.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 27, 2004, 06:31:02 am
We had drive through beer stores in Ohio but for hard liquor you had to go to the state store. I think they've gotten away from that.

In Illinois and here in Hawaii, it's every kind of beer and booze in the supermarkets and gas stations.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: jough on November 27, 2004, 06:59:18 am
Yeah, the state of Pennsylvania is the largest purchaser of liquor in the world, since all hard hooch is sold in state stores, and we're a bunch of lushes here.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Mantonio on November 27, 2004, 07:03:58 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
We had drive through beer stores in Ohio but for hard liquor you had to go to the state store.


Well, here in Wyoming we have honest to God drive through liquor stores. Not just beer, but such as Ten High and vodka items as well. I always assumed that was the norm until Garrison Keilor paid a visit to Laramie one time and did a little monologue about what a strange place Wyoming was. He seemed totally shocked that there were drive through _liquor_ stores.

Anyway, my stepfather informs me Wyoming has nothing on Louisiana, where apperently do they not only have drive through liquor stores, but you can also purchase coctails through drive through. This would have been about 20 years ago, but still. That's kinda fucked up.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: V-Adore on November 27, 2004, 07:38:37 am
I've seen drive-through daiquiri establishments in Louisiana as a fairly regular fixture. There was some discussion of upcoming difficulties with changes to open-container laws (given as Louisiana's current open-container laws are remarkably drinkin'-while-drivin'-friendly) which might endanger them, but no word on that yet.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: CortJstr on November 27, 2004, 07:40:46 am
Quote from: "jough"
Yeah, the state of Pennsylvania is the largest purchaser of liquor in the world, since all hard hooch is sold in state stores, and we're a bunch of lushes here.

And you people can't even buy beer at 7-11. The concept of Beer Distributors still weirds me out. Bars selling 6-packs even more so. In Virginia our bars only have ABC-on licenses (Alcoholic Beverage Commission-on premisis). Anything above 6% or so has be sold at state-run ABC stores, which just this year started having Sunday hours.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Bozack on November 27, 2004, 08:14:51 am
In regards to liquor establishments, it took me a really long time to remember that they don't just sell Jack Daniels in drug stores in New York, like they do at home. This, for the first few weeks of college, made a lot of people think I was an asshole when they said, "Man, I wish I had beer/whiskey/libations," and I said, "Wait, there's a 24-hour CVS down the street! KICKASS!"
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: andalucia on November 27, 2004, 01:59:05 pm
Good god, Bozack, that's ridiculous.
Moving from Ontario to Quebec impressed me enough since I'm close enough to their drinking age that it's not been a problem, and can thusly get beer, all the way up to horrible horrible forties of ten-percent, in the dep across the street, and wine in the supermarket.  
But for liquor, yeah, have to go to the gov't-owned SAQ which is alllways on strike and more likely to check my ID.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: wombat on November 27, 2004, 02:21:14 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
drive through funeral parlors


I need to make sure that I die in Hawaii, now.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Nabubrush on November 27, 2004, 04:32:29 pm
Going from Alaska, where there were liquor stores on every corner, to Idaho (and later Oregon), where they sold beer and wine in grocery stores but liquor only in special, few and far between liquor stores, was quite a change. And in Portland, they have strip clubs in the frequency usually reserved for fast food restaurants. Odd.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: CortJstr on November 27, 2004, 05:17:51 pm
Isn't the tax rate on booze in Canada like 88% anyway? Who wants to be drinking up there at all?

Until about 2 years ago strip joints in Maryland were all BYOB or pasties-only because of some lame law about selling alchol within 100ft of nipples or something.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Mr Trout on November 27, 2004, 05:25:48 pm
In Maryland they can't sell beer if the girls get funny nude. If the girls keep their impressively small undies on, they can sell all the liquor they want.

Also, this is just more second-hand knowledge, but I heard just the other day that in Louisiana you can have a container of alcohol in the car as long as it has a lid on it. Even if the lid is a plastic one on a paper cup full of daiquiri.

I'm not sure what the law says about straws however.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Nabubrush on November 27, 2004, 05:26:43 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Until about 2 years ago strip joints in Maryland were all BYOB . . .

This strikes me as a huge positive, really, unless there's some outrageous corkage fee (or whatever they would call it).
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: CortJstr on November 27, 2004, 06:45:28 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Until about 2 years ago strip joints in Maryland were all BYOB . . .

This strikes me as a huge positive, really, unless there's some outrageous corkage fee (or whatever they would call it).

Actually it made a lot of people go to WVa instead. Having to lug a big cooler in must've seemed like too much of a hassle.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Nabubrush on November 27, 2004, 07:22:02 pm
I was just imagining walking in with a gallon of Monopolowa (http://www.ukranianvodka.com/monopolowa-poland.html) and a jug of OJ.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 27, 2004, 07:35:17 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I've seen drive-through daiquiri establishments in Louisiana as a fairly regular fixture. There was some discussion of upcoming difficulties with changes to open-container laws (given as Louisiana's current open-container laws are remarkably drinkin'-while-drivin'-friendly) which might endanger them, but no word on that yet.


The last time I checked that law it stood that you COULD buy a daiquri and have it in the car as long as the little scrap of paper was still on the straw - that still stood as a 'closed container', I shit you not. The daiquris sell in plain styrofoam cups, so unless the cop could hear your order and than follow you around until you took a sip, there was almost no probable cause unless you drove erratically.

Happily, organized crime interests should be able to maintain sufficient lobbying efforts to keep the status quo. It's the one thing I love about Louisiana.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 27, 2004, 07:36:17 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
drive through funeral parlors


I need to make sure that I die in Hawaii, now.


You'd be a little west  of where you need to be, when I saw the TV special about these they were in LA. Of course.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: CortJstr on November 27, 2004, 08:10:49 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I've seen drive-through daiquiri establishments in Louisiana as a fairly regular fixture. There was some discussion of upcoming difficulties with changes to open-container laws (given as Louisiana's current open-container laws are remarkably drinkin'-while-drivin'-friendly) which might endanger them, but no word on that yet.

The last time I checked that law it stood that you COULD buy a daiquri and have it in the car as long as the little scrap of paper was still on the straw - that still stood as a 'closed container', I shit you not. The daiquris sell in plain styrofoam cups, so unless the cop could hear your order and than follow you around until you took a sip, there was almost no probable cause unless you drove erratically.

Can't they just alter the containers? Like at 18+ clubs where the only serve alcohol in glasses and coke/water in plastic to easily keep track of who has what.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: doomglobe on November 28, 2004, 09:36:44 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
did you just pee all over the floor in here?


yes. yes I did. and no, the urine on the floor is not admissable court evidence, as it has been contaminated with other, possibly present fluids. I am leaving now, and you cant stop me, andretti.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: palm trees on November 28, 2004, 12:01:49 pm
very holy jesus, american drinking is all crazy
it's pretty plain simple over here: off-licences sell alcohol of every kind to take away, pubs sell alcohol of every kind to drink in. both stop serving at 11.
you get late bars, and clubs, but there's nowhere to buy a 4-pack or anything after 11. which is gash.
Title: Re: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 28, 2004, 03:00:03 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Ha, I'm a fan of this one. It doesn't strike me as really "Achewoodian," mainly because I'm hearing Dr. Andretti as having a voice that doesn't really exist yet, sort of a dead-pan cynic.
Also: Zyrelax is not a real drug.


Kelsey Grammer, of course.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: CortJstr on November 28, 2004, 07:10:26 pm
Quote from: "palm trees"
very holy jesus, american drinking is all crazy
it's pretty plain simple over here: off-licences sell alcohol of every kind to take away, pubs sell alcohol of every kind to drink in. both stop serving at 11.
you get late bars, and clubs, but there's nowhere to buy a 4-pack or anything after 11. which is gash.

Here they can't sell between midnight and 6am and can't serve after 1:59 (to prevent bars from staying open an extra hour for Daylight Saving). Oh, and a certain percentage of business (I think it's like 20%) must be food to keep their license.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Nabubrush on November 28, 2004, 07:45:50 pm
North of Anchorage about 40 minutes, they could serve until 5:00 am - making the road there very nice between 2 and 3, when all the drunkards would make the exodus north.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: wombat on November 28, 2004, 08:28:47 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
drive through funeral parlors


I need to make sure that I die in Hawaii, now.


You'd be a little west  of where you need to be, when I saw the TV special about these they were in LA. Of course.


Oh!  Well that's convenient, since I'd like to live in LA anyway.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 29, 2004, 06:39:06 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "palm trees"
very holy jesus, american drinking is all crazy
it's pretty plain simple over here: off-licences sell alcohol of every kind to take away, pubs sell alcohol of every kind to drink in. both stop serving at 11.
you get late bars, and clubs, but there's nowhere to buy a 4-pack or anything after 11. which is gash.

Here they can't sell between midnight and 6am and can't serve after 1:59 (to prevent bars from staying open an extra hour for Daylight Saving). Oh, and a certain percentage of business (I think it's like 20%) must be food to keep their license.


Some places (I think Louisiana is one) have different licenses and some places stay open til 6 am. I was in a bar once until sunrise drinking heavily and it was all legal.

When I was in college, every year there were big parties that first weekend in November - we'd all be in the bar. They call last call at 1:30 and at 2:00 am the lights go up. Then this guy comes out and turns the big clock back, the music starts up again, the lights go back down, that bar gets going again. That was fun.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: miles on November 29, 2004, 06:59:15 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Some places (I think Louisiana is one) have different licenses and some places stay open til 6 am. I was in a bar once until sunrise drinking heavily and it was all legal.


In Utah, it's illegal to get drunk at a bar, as I understand.  Bars have been fined for serving to drunk patrons, and the penalties are stiff enough that some bars have had to close down.  In addition to the fine a bar will have to shut down for some time, losing a lot of money.  There are actually state officials here that patronize bars undercover to look for such violations as serving to people who are drunk.  Also, you have to buy a membership or be a member's guest to go to a bar.  You can't go anywhere and just order a beer.  You either have to buy a membership at a "Private Club for Members" or order food with a beer or drink.  It's crazy here.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Nabubrush on November 29, 2004, 07:20:31 pm
I think most places have laws where a person who is drunk can't be served. The membership thing, though, that always cracked me up. I went to Provo for a conference and I had to physically be off of the campus to smoke a cigarette. There were to large candy stores in the student union building, though. Them folks love their candy. In the interest of full disclosure, I should say that 99+% of my family is Mormon.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: CortJstr on November 29, 2004, 07:35:08 pm
In Virginia the police have started going into bars around 1:30 and arresting people for being drunk in public. Which of course surprised a number of people who didn't realize that the inside of a bar was considered public.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Bozack on November 30, 2004, 02:11:31 am
I'm not sure when bars around here close; I was in one with some folk until around 3, when they did last call; however, when the bar "closed," they just closed the door and told everyone they could start smoking.
Dang, that Utah stuff is nuts. I'm glad I live in a place where the police attitude towards drinking, etc., is basically, "Hey, as long as you're not shooting anybody."
Except for the smoking ban, but that was more of Dept. of Health.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: andalucia on November 30, 2004, 03:08:46 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Except for the smoking ban, but that was more of Dept. of Health.


Oh man, I can't believe that New York has that, when drunken smoking is so lovely, and being able to get away with smoking pot at shows is pretty great.  Good thing Montreal has that wannabe-European complete acceptance of smoking.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Bozack on November 30, 2004, 07:07:39 am
Quote from: "andalucia"
Oh man, I can't believe that New York has that, when drunken smoking is so lovely, and being able to get away with smoking pot at shows is pretty great.  Good thing Montreal has that wannabe-European complete acceptance of smoking.


I'm not a smoker, other than the ol' hookah, so I wouldn't really know. Smoking pot at shows is pretty cool (BONNARROOOOO OHHH FIVEEE). but I'm actually pretty cool with not smelling like smoke for a day after, as it is in Kentucky, where cartons of cigarettes are basically 25¢.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 30, 2004, 01:00:33 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
In Virginia the police have started going into bars around 1:30 and arresting people for being drunk in public. Which of course surprised a number of people who didn't realize that the inside of a bar was considered public.


What alternate universe NoVa are you living in, Jstr? I've seen people stupid drunk in Clarendon as a matter of practice.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: slink on November 30, 2004, 01:42:32 pm
I have to say, I dig the idea of a place where people aren't allowed to even get drunk in public. But then I keep spending time in Newcastle, which is renowned for it's drunken assholes wandering the streets problem. And, they're making all the bars there 24 hours... Saaaaweet.
As far as the whole public smoking thing (what with Ireland having it's ban on smoking in bars now, and much of the UK wanting to follow suit) I am unsure. I know it's not good and everything, but it is mostly when I am having a drink that I really crave a smoke. That said, I've just quit again, literally today. It's more of a habit than that clawing at the throat 'I have to smoke' feeling though now.
I definitely agree that it's nice to be able to pass off pot as a cigarette at gigs and whatnot. Then again, I think the stuff I get now is a little too pungent for me to attempt it now. Depends on the venue really. I guess at the end of the day I consider smoking in public much of a let-people-do-what-they-want thing. But then again if I'm in a quitted phase, I tend to feel a little differently.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: CortJstr on November 30, 2004, 02:03:24 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
In Virginia the police have started going into bars around 1:30 and arresting people for being drunk in public. Which of course surprised a number of people who didn't realize that the inside of a bar was considered public.

What alternate universe NoVa are you living in, Jstr? I've seen people stupid drunk in Clarendon as a matter of practice.

It was mainly in Fairfax. Actually it might only have been in Fairfax. I just remember reading about it in the Post and a bunch of people at work were talking about it after it was on the news.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Nabubrush on November 30, 2004, 05:48:08 pm
Quote from: "slink"
That said, I've just quit again, literally today. It's more of a habit than that clawing at the throat 'I have to smoke' feeling though now.

Seven and one half months! I'm rolling!
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: slink on November 30, 2004, 06:20:04 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "slink"
That said, I've just quit again, literally today. It's more of a habit than that clawing at the throat 'I have to smoke' feeling though now.

Seven and one half months! I'm rolling!


So. Um. Let's all just ignore that I said I had quit today. I found change down the back of the couch. And the clawing came back.
I will for sure try and quit soon though. I am kinda sick of smoking tobacco only 'cause I smoke weed. I need to get back to only smoking bongs so I don't use any tobacco and then it will be easy.
But kudos for the months! I managed to do so successfully twice for about that length of time, and it feels really good in the end just to not smoke.
Title: did you just pee all over the floor in here?- Nov. 26th
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 30, 2004, 06:34:32 pm
Pennsylvania has a no-serving-drunks rule.  Specifically, it's illegal to serve someone who is "visibly intoxicated."  So if someone holds their liquor really well, you're off the hook.  We only exercised that specific right if someone was clearly out of control, and it was probably just as well to get them out of the bar.

"You know what, Bob?  You're FLAGGED!  Have a good night!"  Bob became apologetic mighty quickly.  Ah, memories.