The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on November 29, 2004, 07:04:26 am
-
Fuck you, Llewellyn Ash. It sounds like the Japanese are preparing Philippe to take over America, like in that Chimpokomon South Park episode.
-
That is basically the creepiest thing ever. The last panel just screams Blade Runner.
-
Am I the only one that thinks that is unspeakably cute?
Just look at how happy Phillipe is!
LOOK AT HIM!
Phillipe loves to be affectionate.
And I love Phillipe for it.
Cute, cute, cute.
-
Philippe's delight is cute -- the baby is not.
I am quite scared of those realistic / sophisticated babies.. OMG!
it was bad enough when I had an American Girl baby; its eyes practically stared right into the soul and I had to keep it out of my vision when trying to sleep; creepy.. not cute at all :\ (and even worse is that I think I was in 4th or 5th grade when I had one..)
at least it didn't talk to me...
-
Fuck you, Llewellyn Ash. It sounds like the Japanese are preparing Philippe to take over America, like in that Chimpokomon South Park episode.
Wouldn't it be the Welsh in this case, though?
-
Man, that is a terrifying doll. Uncanny Valley ahoy!
Anyone else creeped by the fact that it's also blatantly a human doll (or that alive stuffed otter neonates look nearly identical to human ones, at least in the comic-strip format)?
-
Let's hope he does better with this than with Click Robot (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12042002). I think it's just creepy because Philippe's baby has a better vocabular than Philippe does. And probably me, too.
[edit: damned filters]
-
First Beef's dog now this. It's like A.I.wood with all the robo love going on.
-
I, too, found Little Baby Ash (he grew up to star in Evil Dead) to be a bit disturbing. Maybe it was the 'This is fantastic. Superb. Marvelous.'
Also, thanks for the links, CJ. I like to read them, and then read a few more ahead; it makes it like an Achewood randomizer. A few out from Click Robot was I already seen me and that dude at Christmas . . . Dad this is Randy (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12102002) - so good!
-
Am I the only one that thinks that is unspeakably cute?
Just look at how happy Phillipe is!
LOOK AT HIM!
Phillipe loves to be affectionate.
And I love Phillipe for it.
Cute, cute, cute.
Yes, you are the only one. It's unspeakably creepy. What a horrible thing to wake up to. Although it did keep me from crawling back into bed because I feared the nightmares.
-
Isn't the Onstad family on the verge of having a baby? (See early Nov. blog posts.) I can't help but read today's installment with that in mind.
-
My mom is big into antiques, and she bought like 5 really, really creepily realistic, toddler-sized "children of the world" dolls. She put them on a couch in my hallway, which was creepy. Last year, when I came home from New York, I had completely forgotten about the dolls, and I was looking for something in my parent's room when my eye fell upon a childs hand, jutting from underneath a sheet.
Fuck you, Ash. You hold nothing but bad connotations for me.
-
My mom had this old doll she'd inherited or something, and when we had been unpacking all our stuff having moved, the doll ended up sat on this chair. It was one of those relly old ones, but had eyes that blinked when it's head moved slightly.
Anyway, our dog was exploring all the stuff that was left lying around, and he ended up at the chair with the doll. He mooched over to it, sniffed it and waffled a bit, then as it's head fell forwards and it's eyes blinked at him he leapt a fuck*ng mile.
Good times.
But those dolls are horrible. I wouldn't say I have an irrational fear of dolls, but I really don't like them. And it's not even the whole 'valley of the real' thing. I don't mind that games and CG are getting photo-realistic. That turns my geek buttons right on, but lifelike dolls are just fuck*ng freaky. Then again, any dolls kind of weird me out.
-
doll = creepy
Phillipe = cute
I think it's unspeakably cute that Phillipe means well. Sometimes my favorite strips are the ones that just show the characters being themselves. It doesn't have to be a joke for me all the time. Phillips wants to do a good job and he's still young and naive! I find it a little weird how well Chris writes the childhood innocence - I can't imagine it's that easy.