The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on November 29, 2004, 04:53:52 pm

Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: jough on November 29, 2004, 04:53:52 pm
New blogs for the week thread.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: Nabubrush on November 29, 2004, 05:25:03 pm
Is it going to be a new thing where the old blog thread gets locked? Because folks might still want to comment on blogs from the week before? I'm only curious, as I usually don't post about the blogs that much.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: palm trees on November 29, 2004, 05:39:47 pm
yeah, i'd quite like the old blog thread to be open, if only so i can publicly disapprove of people who don't know what a mince pie is.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: V-Adore on November 29, 2004, 05:41:40 pm
I think the idea is that it's locked because it wandered far off-topic. If people really want, I can split the mince pie stuff into S&L, or you can make your own mince pie thread (laggards).

EDIT: I did not lock it -- I assume Jough did -- but I'll leave it locked.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: palm trees on November 29, 2004, 05:51:47 pm
'scool.
DAMMIT PEOPLE, MINCE PIES!
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: jough on November 29, 2004, 11:25:04 pm
I just created a new thread and locked the old one because the old one was two days expired and I thought that's what we did.

Is there a reason you can't talk about the old blogs in the new blog forum?

This is what I get for modding when I have already resigned as moderator.  I don't even understand what's going on around this place anymore.

SCREW YOU GUYS, I'M GOING HOME
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: Nabubrush on November 29, 2004, 11:35:35 pm
I don't think anyone is angry - I was just wondering. It seemed to me that the blog threads were much looser than other threads.



Especially if you get them drunk.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: AugustWest on November 29, 2004, 11:54:43 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I don't think anyone is angry


WRONG! I'm as mad as hell...

and I'm not going to take it anymore.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: Nabubrush on November 30, 2004, 12:33:52 am
I was afraid you might snap. I've been dreading this.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: Bozack on November 30, 2004, 01:55:15 am
AugustWest, a man completely out of control.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: CortJstr on December 03, 2004, 09:21:20 pm
Actually I'm reading Quicksilver right now and just got to the part where Jack Shaftoe has exactly the same misconception about life at sea.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: Mantonio on December 04, 2004, 12:42:32 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I dunno, I guess lil neph's conception of going to sea is based a little too much on Pirates of the Caribbean.

Maybe something horrible will happen to the little shitter.


I don't think Neph knows that there won't be any Miz Gerries to be found at sea. I also want to know what he finds so appealing about a sawed-off tit.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: Paisley on December 04, 2004, 03:24:45 am
Quote from: "Mantonio"
I also want to know what he finds so appealing about a sawed-off tit.


I think it's just because that's what pirates dish about.

I have a friend who occasionally works on cutters and barks and stuff. She has a blast, scuttling up and down the rigging and whatnot, but I don't recall her mentioning sawed-off tits.

Now,  as to Mr. Bear:

Patrick has always been a bit of a firework, and it would suit him lovely to receive some sort of federal treatment.

Now, imagine if it had been Lyle who'd been shot. There'd be parts of Pat in every squirrel's nest in Achewood.

Life could be worse for a fellow, don't you know.

Mr. Bear is such a dear, dear old thing.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: Mantonio on December 04, 2004, 05:59:38 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
I also want to know what he finds so appealing about a sawed-off tit.


I bet the association is amazonian women legends.  Right boob gets in the way of the draw, 'eh.


I dunno. I always pictured Neph using the Martini analogy when evaluating breasts - one's not enough, three's too many, two's juuuust right.

Then again, this IS Little Nephew we're talking about, a philistinne if there ever was one.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 04, 2004, 05:50:58 pm
"Poverty-style?"
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: slink on December 04, 2004, 06:27:09 pm
otterbUtter. Superb.
And also, I always associate Sleeper with being ill for some reason. I think I must have watched it when I had flu or pnuemonia, because it has that deep entrenchment in my brain of being a film I think of watching when ill. I always watch the oddest things when I'm tripping out with fever. So to see that Cornelius watched it while in recoup was nice.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: CortJstr on December 04, 2004, 07:18:20 pm
Ray has the weirdest sex life ever. I mean, she quit her job?
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: jough on December 04, 2004, 07:49:05 pm
I haven't read the blogs in about a month, but these threads are always entertaining.

Ray fucked a girl so hard she quit her job?

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: slink on December 04, 2004, 10:12:30 pm
Quote from: "jough"

Ray fucked a girl so hard she quit her job?

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.


And vomited, causing him to not look her in the face again. But I'm guessing since he's rich he will make sure she is solvent until she can find new employ.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: Nabubrush on December 04, 2004, 10:30:32 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"

Ray fucked a girl so hard she quit her job?

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.


And vomited, causing him to not look her in the face again. But I'm guessing since he's rich he will make sure she is solvent until she can find new employ.


I was going to say "who hasn't had that happened" but I never made a girl puke.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: jough on December 05, 2004, 06:37:03 am
I once made a girl vomit after she gave me oral sex, but she was bulimic, so I think it was just more a force of habit for her to throw up anything she swallowed than it was a personal statement about the flavour.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: Nabubrush on December 05, 2004, 04:25:06 pm
Can I get a check over here?
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 05, 2004, 04:29:49 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Can I get a check over here?


I think "Lyle"'s latest post may actually be a misposted Onstad or Teodor blog.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: CortJstr on December 05, 2004, 04:35:32 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Can I get a check over here?

I think "Lyle"'s latest post may actually be a misposted Onstad or Teodor blog.

Agreed. His 3am post sounds like he's at the house but his 2pm post is clearly not.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: Franz. on December 05, 2004, 11:11:02 pm
Heh. That out-of-place Lyle entry has been moved to Téodor's blog.

[ Franz. ]
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: Silverberg on December 06, 2004, 02:55:14 am
Damn, I could have sworn the misplaced entry belonged to Chris. It's funny how similar the two can be.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: St_Zartan on December 07, 2004, 05:16:10 am
I like how Chris Isaak "seems like a good man". Something feels comforting and genuine about being able to say that of one's entertainers. Like, for example, perhaps you could have Chris Isaak spend the night in your home on the very same night that you met him, and sleep soundly knowing that he wouldn't hurt your pets or steal things.

All I know is that he used to have a TV show - I think there was a mermaid involved - that was advertised incessantly on Blockbuster TV (the in-store joyless buybomb tape loops they play on them monitors over your head) and that this lady I knew once fantasy-cast him as Gambit for an X-Men movie. Oh, and apparently his guitar notes are "so good".
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 07, 2004, 06:06:10 pm
I saw Chris Isaak on Soundstage and he was talking about how he'd always supported public television and one of his musicians shouted "You've never given a nickel, you cheap bastard." It was pretty funny. He does seem like a good man.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 07, 2004, 06:55:54 pm
Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
I saw Chris Isaak on Soundstage and he was talking about how he'd always supported public television and one of his musicians shouted "You've never given a nickel, you cheap bastard." It was pretty funny. He does seem like a good man.



I think Bootsy Collins seems like such a nice, conservative young man.
Title: Blogs - 28 November - 4 December 2004
Post by: AugustWest on December 07, 2004, 07:21:20 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
I saw Chris Isaak on Soundstage and he was talking about how he'd always supported public television and one of his musicians shouted "You've never given a nickel, you cheap bastard." It was pretty funny. He does seem like a good man.



I think Bootsy Collins seems like such a nice, conservative young man.


/golf claps